Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hacienda Avenue - BNSF switching in So Cal

warbonnetuk

• 3 weeks later...

Dan,

I've watched you build this layout on here and its inspired me whilst I've been building my layout and its one reason I changed fully from modelling UP to BNSF. The layout looks brilliant and I can't wait to see it at Eastleigh today.

All the best,

Lloyd

• Like 2

Despite some decidedly grotty weather on the way down and back home again I had a very enjoyable weekend at Eurotrack with the layout. Thanks and congratulations to Ian How and the rest of the organising team.

Heres a quick bit of video shot over the weekend - it was on my phone so it's a little jumpy :scratchhead:

https://flic.kr/p/r15oE8

Dan

Edited by warbonnetuk

• 3 weeks later...

Since getting back from Eurotrack I'be been busy with more detailing and weathering before the layout's next trip out. As this turned out to be an 11th hour invite to Ally Pally the pace of work has increased somewhat.

While some small details still need to be added the main effort has been working of weathering stock and also adding some additional so protypical motive power. Thus the GP60 added to the roster and 2022 has received additional weathering. The previously pristine freight cars have now been matte'd off and faded with some airbrushed Lifecolour dust (pics to follow)

Dan

post-9070-0-13896900-1426416523_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Day 1 of Ally Pally put to bed and back home. Despite the early start and mad rush to set up in time for 09:30 "Bachmann Sweepstakes" ticket opening time it was a good day. Layout ran well but the GP60 misbehaved so I'll have a look at the pickups later. Although we have our fair share of 'non UK outline layout run away' punters there were a good number that wanted to chat about (good to see you again Lloyd)

Hopefully have enought time to gets some pics / video tomorrow

Dan

• Like 5

Day 1 of Ally Pally put to bed and back home. Despite the early start and mad rush to set up in time for 09:30 "Bachmann Sweepstakes" ticket opening time it was a good day. Layout ran well but the GP60 misbehaved so I'll have a look at the pickups later. Although we have our fair share of 'non UK outline layout run away' punters there were a good number that wanted to chat about (good to see you again Lloyd)

Hopefully have enought time to gets some pics / video tomorrow

Dan

Hi Dan,

I was one of those who came up for a chat on Saturday (only just found your thread here BTW).  Yes, I was the good-looking, balding guy (LOL), who spoke to you about moving to HO (having been inspired by Mr Mindheim), Cobalts, Blue Point switch machines, etc., etc.  Great to see your layout in operation and meet you -  I'm inspired even more now.

Great show as well (my first time - the only other time I have been to Alexandra Palace was, I think, at a custom car show there in 1976!!).  Bagged myself some second-hand box and tank cars for my rapidly growing 'stash' -  all thanks to the Model Railway Club members sales stand. Guess this means I have succumbed to US-outline HO after all!

Steve N

Edited by steveNCB7754
  • Like 2

Well as requested, here are the few photos I took of Hacedina Avenue at Ally Pally on Saturday.

post-19101-0-51603700-1427662539_thumb.jpg

An overall shot:

post-19101-0-39364200-1427662548_thumb.jpg

The bridge over the storm drain:

post-19101-0-59315500-1427662561_thumb.jpg

And my favourite photo I took has to be...

post-19101-0-20606800-1427662569_thumb.jpg

All the best,

Lloyd

• Like 6

Hi Dan,

I was one of those who came up for a chat on Saturday (only just found your thread here BTW).  Yes, I was the good-looking, balding guy (LOL), who spoke to you about moving to HO (having been inspired by Mr Mindheim), Cobalts, Blue Point switch machines, etc., etc.  Great to see your layout in operation and meet you -  I'm inspired even more now.

Great show as well (my first time - the only other time I have been to Alexandra Palace was, I think, at a custom car show there in 1976!!).  Bagged myself some second-hand box and tank cars for my rapidly growing 'stash' -  all thanks to the Model Railway Club members sales stand. Guess this means I have succumbed to US-outline HO after all!

Steve N

Thanks for your compliments on the layout and I'm glad that you found some things on the layout to inspire you with your US modelling.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

That blue and yellow thing needs a repaint. Time for some lovely. Orange and green.

Blasphemy! :O You don't just simply repaint yellowbonnets :nono:...Unless your renewing the old paint  ;)

All the best,

Lloyd

• Like 1

Blasphemy! :O You don't just simply repaint yellowbonnets :nono:...Unless your renewing the old paint  ;)

All the best,

Lloyd

key, insert, wind.

I always thought those blue and yellow things would have looked better in BN green. :jester:  Where's my airbrush?