Locomotion / NRM L &Y tank

Andy Y

Mine has arrived today - looks absolutely gorgeous but not yet tested under power.  One or two comments heading towards Shildon but not in respect of the quality of the model - there was no receipt/purchase related paperwork with mine.

My Receipt was stapled to the order/delivery note within the "Documents enclosed" pocket stuck to the top of the box. 

HTH

RP

Will a crew be easily fitted into the cab .? thanks

I would think so so long as their feet aren't too big.

RP

only 11 (eleven) left as of this time

Edited by Roy P

• RMweb Gold

My Receipt was stapled to the order/delivery note within the "Documents enclosed" pocket stuck to the top of the box. 

HTH

RP

Thanks for that Roy - my card & till receipts are too, I have now found (but no order/delivery note).  Alas I had to open the bottom of the package instead of the top due to the fact that there was a big gap along the top covered with brown tape and I wasn't sure what was under it or between it and the Bachmann packaging.  So I turned it upside down to safely open it and left it that way completely forgetting the 'documents' enclosed' bag on the top.  (I hope that makes sense!).

Mine has arrived today - looks absolutely gorgeous but not yet tested under power.  One or two comments heading towards Shildon but not in respect of the quality of the model - there was no receipt/purchase related paperwork with mine.

Paperwork should be in the little plastic wallet with address details that's stuck on the package

Yep the cab just clips on but be careful of the two small details that slot in the front sheet as you take it off ;)

Many thanks .I hope mine will arrive soon .i have to do a new loco crew  for someone and would like it to fit something .

Good Evening All,

Look what turned up in the post today! Mine had a few minor scuff marks on the cast running plate, but nothing to unduly worry about. Runs beautifully and overall I am very pleased with my foreign purchase.

Anyway here are a few images for those still waiting, or undecided whether you want one.

Regards,

Andy.

post-7049-0-41446500-1384975284_thumb.jpg

post-7049-0-70981600-1384975298_thumb.jpg

post-7049-0-62074900-1384975310_thumb.jpg

post-7049-0-11703300-1384975345_thumb.jpg

post-7049-0-90880200-1384975361_thumb.jpg

post-7049-0-40899700-1384975380_thumb.jpg

post-7049-0-86955100-1384975400_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

See post 66,

Says that its the same arrangements as used on the A1/A2 trailing truck.

I believe that was referring to the sideways movement. 

The front and rear axles are sprung vertically but I haven't had it apart to see quite how. 

I'm not sure how I would quantify the strength of the springing but I don't think it would have an unreasonable effect on the weight available for traction.

RP

Wow!

Mine arrived at the office in today's post. What a cracking model. The best I've seen since getting back into the hobby a year or so back. She'll look wonderful on the little Lancashire terminus test plank I have in the pipeline. The level of detail is excellent and I suspect sets the bar at a very high level for RTR OO steam locos. Certainly seems to put the recent Hornby 2-8-x's to shame.

As ever (well as far as my three modern RTR steam loco purchases go) she has the 'Bachmann Wobble' when up on the rolling road, which I guess is down to slightly off quartering, but hopefully this won't be an issue when on the tracks. Anyway, seems to run well enough at low speeds on DC and I suspect will be as sweet as a nut on DCC. Some may just have to watch out on 'dodgy track' with only the four opportunties to locate pick-ups; stay alive seems like a good choice perhaps.

What a great initiative by Shildon; long may it continue (and good on Bachmann too for agreeing to be involved).

• Like 3

What vertical control is present for the carrying wheels?

Further info from the instruction sheet ;

Coil springs sitting in a circular recesses on the top of the plastic mouldings that carry the axles and limit the lateral movement which is in turn held by a keep plate arrangement.

An observation may be that the amount of lateral movement allowed for average curves means that the "frames" appear a bit narrow (as with any OO model) and this may need attending to (and probably will be) by anyone wishing to convert to a wider gauge. That's for the LMS/BR models. No one's going chop this one about. Are they?

RP

Mine arrived yesterday, so I filmed a quick review when I got back from work. It looks a great model, and I look forward to getting it running. On the locomotion website it says there's only 8 left now. This must be their most successful model yet in terms of selling so quickly?

Edited by Jenny Emily
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I fitted a Zimo MX648 Sound Decoder loaded with a new sound project based on preserved L&Y locos. Because of the restricted space in the bunker I had to remove the 6 pin decoder socket and hard wire the chip and use the small suger cube speaker, I have a couple of other ideas about speakers which I will try at a later date.

Here is a short clip demonstrating the sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRN2SHaBBFs&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Peter Crichton (Savoyard)
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

My sound fitted loco will be on the Digitrains stand on Sunday at Warley if you want to hear it in the flesh metal plastic so to speak.

The project will be available to buy on a Zimo sound decoder from them, it is not my project I was the beta tester for the friend who built it!

Edited by Peter Crichton (Savoyard)