Metalsmiths "Ransomes and Rapier" 70' turntable build.

JeffP

This one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sanguine-Diamond-Deb-Nail-Skin-File-Footdresser-6-E4-/400170184148?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Nails_Manicure_Pedicure_CA&hash=item5d2c006dd4

I was given my first by my grandmother years ago for filing up slidebars in 4mm scale. It eventually wore out and has been replaced.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff

I took delivery of my 0 gauge 60ft Ransomes & Rapier turntable kit and it will be on its way to France on Saturday night via Brittany Ferries.  I hope the wind calms down a bit before then!

I'll also be chronicling the installation on my blog.  But this is not to be a race!

If you're crossing from Plymouth you maybe a little unlucky, as the local lunchtime weather forecast for Saturday is for the wind to increase and will be more or less NNW, at least it should help reduce the crossing time a little.

No, Saturday night ferry Portsmouth to Caen.  I have my seasick pills at the ready!  I am not sure why I am doing this as I once had to be ready to abandon ship in the Gulf of Thailand and afterwards vowed I would never go to sea a again.  But that was 1975, on a drillship during a potentially dangerous gas blowout under the hull.  Ships don't float in gassy water!

• RMweb Premium

No, Saturday night ferry Portsmouth to Caen.  I have my seasick pills at the ready!  I am not sure why I am doing this as I once had to be ready to abandon ship in the Gulf of Thailand and afterwards vowed I would never go to sea a again.  But that was 1975, on a drillship during a potentially dangerous gas blowout under the hull.  Ships don't float in gassy water!

Not much water if it has bubbles in it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...