RMweb

Fryers Lane - Speedlink in the '80s (P4)

Mark Forrest

• RMweb Gold

OK, I get the message, I need to stop wasting my time browsing web forums and other forms of social media and get on with fixing the blades in place and doing some testing to see what does/doesn't work :)

Didn't the ancient Greeks just discuss possibilities and never do an experiment?, I thought that was the P4 way of doing things.

You're going to spoil it all now by proving something.

Mike.

• Like 2

Didn't the ancient Greeks just discuss possibilities and never do an experiment?, I thought that was the P4 way of doing things.

You're going to spoil it all now by proving something.

Mike.

Are you calling him an Ancient Greek?

I notice he’s not got around to painting the 26 blue yet...

• RMweb Premium

This morning's non-productive pondering concerns whether it's possible to build two different layouts along the adjacent walls of a (roughly) 11' square room. Maybe at two different levels, so one overlaps the other to maximise the use of space; or even a chord line joining the two to either allow one layout to be used as the fiddle yard for the other or so one fiddle yard feeds both.

I've considered something similar before, but always struggled with how to make it suitable for use at home and at shows. These days I'm less concerned about the need to make something suited to exhibition use.

Anyway, it's another bright and sunny day here. A break in garden chores means Fryers is going out on the patio to have its new fascia bodged into place.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Actual progress...

Layout out on its back enjoying the sunshine. The wires poking through the front need to connect to the switches for points and magnets.

post-6677-0-67629700-1525684574_thumb.jpg

With the old fascia removed, this is where I'm starting from:

post-6677-0-23477600-1525688534_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I think that'll do for today.

post-6677-0-07072600-1525708904_thumb.jpg

Uprights need trimming off at the bottom and need to decide what to do about the bottom fascia.

Two bolts hold the new fascia in place, so it can be removed, which is useful for access when working on the layout.

post-6677-0-04966900-1525709454_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Caution, jam doughnut on the line...

Good taste in tableware. Denby Regency Green if I’m not mistaken!

Paul.

• RMweb Premium

Don't think it will have stayed there very long, otherwise the dogs would have had it.

Funny you should say that, here is previous photo taken just before the one above...

post-6677-0-69154000-1525893726_thumb.jpg

Poor Mark, all that effort doing the track and we comment on tableware and the doughnut.

It was a very good doughnut though.

• RMweb Premium

I think that'll do for today.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180507_164154.jpg

Uprights need trimming off at the bottom and need to decide what to do about the bottom fascia.

Two bolts hold the new fascia in place, so it can be removed, which is useful for access when working on the layout.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180507_164442.jpg

The chimaera is an addition to the layout since I last saw it.

Useful addition for heat and cooking, self sufficient exhibiting, nice.

Andy