Fryers Lane - Speedlink in the '80s (P4)

Mark Forrest

• RMweb Premium

I have brushed up for the event though and feel confident I can easily recognise the classes that Mark may be running:

Flat front both ends, three windows...

post-6675-0-38065600-1527920720.jpg

Flat front one end, nose at the other...

post-6675-0-15902800-1527920776.jpg

I'm ready.

• RMweb Premium

Pulling you into a false sense of security, you'll come back from a cuppa and it'll be full of West country's...

I did get to run my stock when Mark wasn't looking...

post-6675-0-69938800-1527955758_thumb.jpg

Full yellow ends?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Not surprised about you running this - you looked confused with just a van and a guards van on the layout.

The confusing bit is the rotary switch to choose which electromagnet to fire. The order they are in on the dial made sense to Mark when he wired it but the logic has been lost in time. All happy once I labelled one of the switch locations.

Nice little layout to operate though.

• RMweb Premium

The confusing bit is the rotary switch to choose which electromagnet to fire. The order they are in on the dial made sense to Mark when he wired it but the logic has been lost in time. All happy once I labelled one of the switch locations.

Nice little layout to operate though.

Yes, might need to rethink my logic for the switch positions, it's an easy fix though.

• RMweb Premium

Layout looks good, I don't think you want to over do bringing the scenery to the front, definitely a case of less is more.

Interestingly, opinion does seem to be coming down in favour of not adding scenery to the fascia extension, but to paint the wing infills in dark grey rather than their current sky colour.

The option to then use the same fascia with multiple different layouts is tempting...

Interestingly, opinion does seem to be coming down in favour of not adding scenery to the fascia extension, but to paint the wing infills in dark grey rather than their current sky colour.

The option to then use the same fascia with multiple different layouts is tempting...

If you can have the painting done by opening time in the morning...

• RMweb Premium

Yes, might need to rethink my logic for the switch positions, it's an easy fix though.

All part of the plan to confuse me by the layout being different to operate everytime it's out! I'm on to you.

• RMweb Premium

If you add scenics to the front extension then they will be in shade, so you'll then have to move the lighting forward in a second front extension....and repeat. Could end up quite a deep layout.

Definitely shorts tomorrow, way too hot and humid in the Dove Room.

• RMweb Premium

If you can have the painting done by opening time in the morning...

That would have been quite easy to do; could have brought the fascia home tonight to paint then taken it back tomorrow. However, on a nice night like this decided to get out on the bike, then treat myself to a couple of beers instead

That would have been quite easy to do; could have brought the fascia home tonight to paint then taken it back tomorrow. However, on a nice night like this decided to get out on the bike, then treat myself to a couple of beers instead

Nice night?.?

We’ve had monsoon - the pub was flooded!