• RMweb Gold
On 21/01/2024 at 00:57, SRman said:

I decided to take some video footage comparing three of the sound and speaker combinations I have in Accurascale class 37s. Personally, I would rate the Jamie Goodman one as my favourite, but the others are good. All have their own different features and characteristics.

I edited out the bit where I didn't have 37 608 on the track properly so it derailed as soon as it hit the points.

I posted this link in my own layout thread and in the Accurascale Class 37 topic, so please pass on by if you've seen this already. 

Very different sounds, and have to agree the Jamie Goodman sounds the best. Is that down to the new ESU speaker or the sound files (or both). I assume that the sugar cube was removed for that.

How about the Biffo sound?

2 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Very different sounds, and have to agree the Jamie Goodman sounds the best. Is that down to the new ESU speaker or the sound files (or both). I assume that the sugar cube was removed for that.

How about the Biffo sound?

The sugar cube is still in - the impedance is still the same with the ESU speaker. I think the Goodman sound file is very, very good, and didn't need the extra bass in the Accurathrash speaker, so, in my opinion, the ESU speaker suits it better. It matches the sound project.

I have legomanbiffo sound as well and Accurascale's own sound with an Accurathrash speaker. Was the Accurathrash sound also from bif anyway? I will try to do a second video with these other sound and speaker combinations in due course. There's 37 602 and 37 026 , both with legomanbiffo sounds and Accurathrash speaker (the sound projects are different for original and refurbished 37s), and D6704 with Accurascale sounds and Accurathrash speaker. I will be changing at least one of the speakers to try it out.

Edited by SRman
Corrections
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SRman said:

The sugar cube is still in - the impedance is still the same with the ESU speaker. I think the Goodman sound file is very, very good, and didn't need the extra bass in the Accurathrash speaker, so, in my opinion, the ESU speaker suits it better. It matches the sound project.

I have legomanbiffo sound as well and Accurascale's own sound with an Accurathrash speaker. Was the Accurathrash sound also from bif anyway? I will try to do a second video with these other sound and speaker combinations in due course. There's 37 602 and 37 026 , both with legomanbiffo sounds and Accurathrash speaker (the sound projects are different for original and refurbished 37s), and D6704 with Accurascale sounds and Accurathrash speaker. I will be changing at least one of the speakers to try it out.

One we made earlier !!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, charliepetty said:

One we made earlier !!

Charlie

Thanks for this video. I had seen / heard this one before, but still haven't got around to the reblows.

On your site there are now a number of sound files for refurbished 37s.

I assume that the video is for this one:

image.png.51adac3437e5ebd37bc9d99be3c6ba9d.png

2 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Charlie

Thanks for this video. I had seen / heard this one before, but still haven't got around to the reblows.

On your site there are now a number of sound files for refurbished 37s.

I assume that the video is for this one:

image.png.51adac3437e5ebd37bc9d99be3c6ba9d.png

Yes its our version for an upgrade to the Accurascale Class 37, as ours has the destinctive turbo whistle.

Already had 11 Reblow requests for the Glasgow show in 4 Weeks time, so we are going to be busy on these.   We also will have over 200 decoders ready to collect with all of our range of sounds 'In Stock' on the day !!! plus our infamous 'Reblow Service' for ESU V5, V4 & V3.5 Decoders.

We are also at Doncaster in 2 weeks time & Preston the week after Glasgow.   

See you there:  Charlie & Alain

Legoman Stand at MK.jpg

• Thanks 1

I have recorded more of my Accurascale class 37s. This time all three have the Accurathrash speaker fitted, but all have different variations on the sound files. D6704 has the factory-fitted Accurascale sound for a 37/0, 37 026 has legomanbiffo West Highland 37/0 sound, and 37 602 has legomanbiffo WH 37/4 sound.

There were a few anomalies during the recording, because I hadn't reallocated various functions on all of them to align them as I had done with the earlier three. Somehow I lost the inertia and momentum settings on 37 602, which were easy enough to restore, but a nuisance while I was recording and juggling the phone camera and Power Pro controller. I may possibly have accidentally hit the very annoying NCE 'Momentum' button that reprograms decoder CVs 3 and 4. I know a few NCE users actually put a bit of tape under that button to prevent just such accidents occurring. 🙄

Another irritant was the leading Bachmann nuclear flask FNA-C wagon suddenly decided it had to derail its leading bogie several times as it went around. Fortunately it rerailed itself each time. 

Anyway, I hope the video is satisfactory. As before, I am posting the same link in the Accurascale class 37 topic, and the DCC sound topic.