RMweb

Troutons

enginelane

Looking good. Here's a quickie detail that always bugs me (same on the Bachy MOA) - the handbrake indicator is moulded in the ON position. It's the little white pointer next to the handbrake wheel.

Two minutes of a job to slice off and replace with plasticard in the OFF position.

I have a "Le Chat" graffited MBA to do sometime.

Cheers,

Mick

Good point and worth doing so will have a go with the remaining two wagons in the rake

A two day visit by the idiots, sorry fellow professionals assisting us in our journey, at work so a little downtime as could be busy.

Trying to get the idea of a more older patched wagon and whether the light or load seems to have more black and grime on the body.

Started with powders of burnt rust and weathering marks smudged in with black smoke.

post-9435-0-77399500-1394607773_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow. That weathering is really "Spot On" ! I really like the dirt effects on the side of the wagon... Did you use weathering powders ? I'm using them mixed with Model Wash paints from Vallejo for such effects to just add a bit of grain, or only use model wash paints when I want more subtle effects. I'd be quite glad to know how you achiedved such a result...

Day 2 of the visit from my fellow professionals and might not be the most positive of experiences so determined to find the time to complete this wagon. Frame dirt to bottom sill and underframe and dry brushed cockpit black onto bogie frames and once the brake lever is changed over will be done.

post-9435-0-48014900-1394693512_thumb.jpg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 1

Looks like the wind down last night not totally successful as up again at silly o clock. Decided to finish with a dusting of Vietnam earth weathering pigment and removed some weathering from the side supports. Frame dirt to underframe and who knows they might even get parked up in the scrap siding on Troutons at the club rooms tonight!

post-9435-0-21227100-1394779378_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Gosh ! That's just perfect... Really like the result you got with the weathering powders.

Would you be at the London Festival of Model Railways on March 22 & 23 ? I'll be there making demonstrations of weathering with Vallejo's paints and weathering powders... If you're there, I'd be glad to treat you to a Beer and have a chat about our respective techniques...

Eric.

Gosh ! That's just perfect... Really like the result you got with the weathering powders.

Would you be at the London Festival of Model Railways on March 22 & 23 ? I'll be there making demonstrations of weathering with Vallejo's paints and weathering powders... If you're there, I'd be glad to treat you to a Beer and have a chat about our respective techniques...

Eric.

Missed you by a year! Was down at the 2013 show with another club layout Menasha, had a good time with lots of positive comments about the layout, but down side the stealing of the spare wheel on the hire van was an unwelcome cost. If they put you up at the hotel next to the dog track, make sure your spare wheel is secure! I will be taking on a greater role in running the Wakefield Show from 2015 so if up north more than welcome to attend.

Since the last software update of iPhone does not like sending photos but hopefully by the end of the day will have posted some images of the wagons on the layout at the club last night

Missed you by a year! Was down at the 2013 show with another club layout Menasha, had a good time with lots of positive comments about the layout, but down side the stealing of the spare wheel on the hire van was an unwelcome cost. If they put you up at the hotel next to the dog track, make sure your spare wheel is secure! I will be taking on a greater role in running the Wakefield Show from 2015 so if up north more than welcome to attend.

Since the last software update of iPhone does not like sending photos but hopefully by the end of the day will have posted some images of the wagons on the layout at the club last night

Ah, but I'm not coming by car, but by Eurostar (easier for me from Belgium as I live just beside the main railway line from Liège to Brussels) and all my stuff for the exhibition holds in a "normal" trolley suitcase.

I have a metallic toolcase for my paints, tools and paint stand (homemade, a bit like the Humbrol one), another to hold my rolling stock, spare place for the computer, camera, and an empty backpack to carry back some furnitures home (mainly tea I can not find in Belgium, and also a small stock of British delicacies like some Shortbreads and also some Potted Stilton for my boss... - I know, I'm a lost case when it comes to tea and typical British cooking :mosking:)

We'll see if I can attend some other shows in the UK with my weathering demonstration at Ally Pally. It'll be a "première" for me holding demonstrations in English for two full days (as I'm more used to "perform" in France, Belgium and the Netherlands...) But definitely I'd be glad to get up north next year. Could you therefore already tell me when and exactly where the exhibition will be held and the conditions for exhibitiors coming from the other side of the pond ? I'd be really glad to attend and hold demonstrations of my weathering techniques with the Vallejo paints. About the "conditions", if I may, I'd tell that when I go in France (like Mulhouse or Paris), the exhibition holder take care of the hotel costs (A Ibis Budget or other Budget hotel is fine with me - In London I stay in a small budget hotel near Russel Square - and all I always like is to have a healthy English Breakfast in the morning before going to the exhibition...). So if you're interrested, I'd be glad if you can send me all the necessary informations for me to enlist for this show. I'd try to stay then perhaps a few days in London on the return leg, using the opportunity to relax and do some "shopping" there... :derisive:

Thanks again,

Eric.

Edited by alderson.eric.j