Troutons

enginelane

Hi there,

I like the weathered interior of the SPA wagons. How did you achieve that?

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi I used a combination of the paints and powers from this set.

I started with dry brushing the dark rust base over the already black painted floor and when dry built up layers of powder with an old wedge shaped brush blending the powders as I went along. I also used MiG Vietnam earth powder as it is a good earthy, dirt colour. I will dry brush some of the strips to represent a little better the wooden batons that lift the load off the floor of the real wagon

Thanks for your interest in the project

post-9435-0-60445800-1392739021_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

EWS gold added to the SPA wagons and whilst drying a little go with the Knightwing colour signal kit. Idea being to combine with the Comet etch. The non working signals will be installed until working versions can be bought and installed

post-9435-0-48158700-1392758616_thumb.jpg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 1

EWS gold added to the SPA wagons and whilst drying a little go with the Knightwing colour signal kit. Idea being to combine with the Comet etch. The non working signals will be installed until working versions can be bought and installed

The kit needs minimal clean up and quickly comes together

post-9435-0-06188200-1392759914_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice rust kit you have!! :no:

Have you thought about using some Train-Tech DCC signals??

cheers neil..

Nice rust kit you have!! :no:

Have you thought about using some Train-Tech DCC signals??

cheers neil..

They are the preferred brand, will using the Knightwings as dummies to ensure signals in right place for the engine movements we want to make before starting to dig out bases for the working versions and want to see how the Comet parts might look

Cannot shake off the heavy cold and nose alternating between completed blocked or deluge, shares in Vick will be increasing due to purchases but have decided to take opportunity of converting a spare Loadhaul BDA into a BTA. More details can be found via the Troutons Steel Carriers blog.

Progress so far is the breakdown into the main components and the main work seems to reduction of the height of the side rail, reduction in bolsters and the construction of the pipe holding stanchions plus a repainted into EWS livery.

post-9435-0-28627300-1392974251_thumb.jpg

post-9435-0-41586000-1392974262_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Tis blood I shed for the hobby, some people's work is recognisable by their modelling or painting skills, me, by my DNA

I thought it was a new kind of unique security marking, better than smart water.

Jamie

Time for a bit of modelling this morning before doing some work. Side stanchions, bolsters now in place with wooden strips attached. Need to remember to fill in the missing planks were the original bolsters were fitted. Pleased with the effect so far, a simple conversion to create a distinctive wagon

post-9435-0-62816700-1393146178_thumb.jpg

post-9435-0-25106500-1393146190_thumb.jpg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 2