Troutons

enginelane

I wish I could have spent more time watching the trains and enjoying the detail on this layout at Perth Green, but I was operating my own. 

The thought and skill that has gone into the build of Troutons are very impressive; even if there hadn't been trains to watch it is an absorbing layout. 

As a fan of single car DMUs,  my favourite moment was seeing a class 153 trundle along the main line. Its inclusion in the stock list just made the layout more rounded and complete. 

Great work, I wish you well on the replacement. 

• Like 1

Many thanks for your positive comments and we enjoyed the weekend as well. It’s shows the breadth of the hobby, one weekend in Glasgow with all the commercial aspects that such a show brings and then a club so obviously rooted in its community with the exhibition showing what can be achieved. At the centre it had a library, crèche, sports facility, boxing, support agencies, cafe, all being used. The Perth Green clubrooms well set out and with excellent facilities to support members in their hobby. 

Thank you to the Perth Green for asking the team to exhibit. We enjoyed the weekend. 

Next show Spalding November 2019 and Milton Keynes Feb 2020.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Troutons currently in store as space being made available to upgrade West Riding marine and Stone the GMRC layout from series 1. This is due Nov 2019 at Wakefield.

the new replacement layout for Troutons - Bardun has been started with track plan finalised and baseboard construction starting soon once the various levels of lines have been established. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Started weathering up the IOA ballast wagons. Painting in the yellow discs on the axle covers makes big difference. Used dust tone for bogies over the normal frame dirt and tried to represent a load of ballast that has been let in the wagon before emptying With dust and light rust colours.

wagons seem to have a mass of rusty lines on outside caused by the grabs unloading the ballast. Tried paint but too thick even with a thin brush so looking to use rust coloured very fine permanent marker as a trial 

0AA7A9F3-28F3-4837-99FE-BAC062ED79AB.jpeg

C2045645-62A3-41BE-AD51-5306526DDCE8.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
Additional text added

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back from a chilly and windy Milton Keynes and good to hear they had a successful Show with good numbers of children visiting.  That was the last „away“ show for the Troutons Team celebrated in Milton Keynes town centre Wetherspoons driven there by a rocket propelled taxi!

next show York at Easter and finally Wakefield in November