The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

April 1st comes early?

DonB

Yeh !

Where's my Flying car?

We were promised over 50 years ago (the late 1950's & early 60s) that we'd all have Flying Cars by the year 2000.

Did Hornby get the contract?

Yes, and the sales rep said they should be ready 4th quarter 2014, but unfortunately Amazon won't be able to supply them 'til 2016...........

we were supposed to be on hoverboards by now according to back to the future, that didnt happen either

Well, by 2015 anyway.

But Miami did get a major league baseball team. Of course we're still waiting for the Cubs to win a world series.

We're still waiting for the self-lacing Nikes, the adjustable self-drying clothes and the food re-hydrator too.

The Register has a great article about this, most of it on why you cannot shoot one down.

interesting article. I'm sure some people will think of other ways to bring them down though, maybe using their own drones!

a good sport might be: order a shotgun from amazon. then see if you can unpack, load and shoot down the drone before it flies away. :crazy:

interesting article. I'm sure some people will think of other ways to bring them down though, maybe using their own drones!

a good sport might be: order a shotgun from amazon. then see if you can unpack, load and shoot down the drone before it flies away. :crazy:

Amazon might employ Predator type UAV's to "ride shotgun" or provide "top cover" in known areas of trouble.

Just don't point a broomstick towards the sky when there's one around !

Archived