Awesome video of King at Warrington

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

This is a awesome video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs2NPFkR8Xw#t=2

Not sure if not has been seen elsewhere on here - if you haven't seen it well worth a look

Just look at the way the platform crowd rebounds away instinctively. Pointwork at the north end a bit rough though!

Mr Jauncey is a master of the video art for sure

Cheers

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Pointwork at the north end a bit rough though!

In those days there was a facing connection to the up slow and a crossover between the up / down fast immediately after. The crossover has since been removed.

• RMweb Premium

Reminds me of watching them in the 50s and early 60s as they were travelling towards Birmingham on the down main and crossing the pointwork at Tyseley - equally bouncy!

Keith

EDIT: can't remember Castles or other locos bucking about quite so much

• RMweb Premium

It was KIngs that did the rock and roll around bends and over pointwork. I used to see them going west (towards Plymouth) past Laira. The front end was swaying like a Cobra.

Sadly I never knowingly saw any other region's big engines going at speed, except for a couple of night-time views, well glances really, of Merchants thundering trough Pokesdown Station round about 1966 and that was at platform level.

P

• RMweb Gold

Welcome!

Theres some d*mn good stuff on there no doubt - and although I model diesels it doesn't mean I don't enjoy other aspects too

One of my favourites was a very clever steam vid on youtube set to the tune Aces High - opening theme from the Battle of Britain film. Win win for me but cant find it now

Preservation is sometimes viewed as being ersatz but delivering performances like this - no way! Deserves as much support as we can give.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Archived