Railroad Crosti 9F

Unknown Warrior

Just ordered a later BR version from Modellers Mecca had two in stock .......................wow I've actually got a Hornby new realise .........Excellent service from Modellers Mecca as usual  :imsohappy:

Bet this is going to be one of this year best sellers ....................

Just ordered a FC 9F from Hattons,  Should arrive this side of the World in 5-6 days.  It was worth selling off some N scale to buy it.

Brent 

• RMweb Gold

My credit card has been charged by Hattons too today - should be here tomorrow or Friday.

That will make 3 Crosti's in my fleet

1. Golden arrow resin body on fettled Hornby railroad 9F chassis (awaiting painting)

2. Crownline (edit) converted Hornby Evening star on a fettled railroad chassis

3. The new release.

I only have one other 9F and a Bachmann Evening star, for some reason as I always intrigued by the Crosti version, mainly by seeing photos of them on the Mangotsfield line and Westerleigh. I need a bit more balance in my 9F fleet.

Neil

Edited by Downendian
  • Like 1

Picked mine up today from Signals Models of Midsomer Norton. :yahoo:  They arrived yesterday evening, just as they where shutting up shop for the day. :jester: Most have sold to pre-orders, but one or two are still available. Now just need to find a free day to get some filming done for you guys! Been looking forward to this! :locomotive:

Picked mine up today from Signals Models of Midsomer Norton. :yahoo:  They arrived yesterday evening, just as they where shutting up shop for the day. :jester: Most have sold to pre-orders, but one or two are still available. Now just need to find a free day to get some filming done for you guys! Been looking forward to this! :locomotive:

Look forward to your forthcoming Crosti video review Callum.....

• RMweb Gold

For the desireable full balance you need 70 more conventional 9Fs, roughly 50:50 with BR1C and BR1F tenders. Don't hesitate, you'll be turning round the economic position in China practically single handed.

I knew I should have put one of those Smiley/winky emoticon thingies at the end of my post. It was said tongue in cheek.

Neil

I knew I should have put one of those Smiley/winky emoticon thingies at the end of my post. It was said tongue in cheek.

Neil

By the wording of his reply, 34C ( and probably most others including me) took it that way. But did you mean Crownline instead of Craftsman ??

• RMweb Gold

He's going to be to busy to reply for a while making all that money to help China out. If only he had bought a 4th crosti the US's stock markets might have felt more confident. :)

Edited by farren

The Service sheet for the Crosti is online here:

http://www.Hornby.com/media/partsandspares/schematics/1436400000/HSS414CrostiBoiler9F_1436450480.pdf

For the drawing of the Tender underframe, are the half-circle mouldings provision  for a loudspeaker?

Collected my model from Invicta,  late-crest version as erected,  I prefer the rebuilt Crosti as I acually saw them is service. One for the future?

Does anyone recall the special Summer freight  workings from Doncaster Belmont yard hauled by an  Leeds Holbeck 55A Crosti? 

1967 from memory.

Edited by Pandora
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Service sheet for the Crosti is online here:

http://www.Hornby.com/media/partsandspares/schematics/1436400000/HSS414CrostiBoiler9F_1436450480.pdf

For the drawing of the Tender underframe, are the half-circle mouldings provision  for a loudspeaker?

Collected my model from Invicta,  late-crest version as erected,  I prefer the rebuilt Crosti as I acually saw them is service. One for the future?

Does anyone recall the special Summer freight  workings from Doncaster Belmont yard hauled by an 8F Leeds Holbeck 55A Crosti? 

1967 from memory.

I had the tender top off this morning, looks like the tender chassis has been tooled for sound and provision for pickup's as well.

• RMweb Gold

Will they do 92021 with the BR1G tender?  It just has to take my vote for the ugliest British loco of the 20th Century

Only if Hornby decide to do the Rebuilt Version

In the meantime making a cameo appearance, before she enters the dirty works is 92021  :jester:

post-7000-0-95977000-1440689006_thumb.jpg

Edited by toboldlygo
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Is it really correct for the early version to not feature the smoke deflector? I always thought the deflectors were removed when they were converted to normal non-Crosti operation.

Yes, as built the Crosti's didn't have a smoke deflector. They were fitted about 6 months after entering service, when they were returned to Crewe for a number of modifications.