Railroad Crosti 9F

Unknown Warrior

That said with the pound strong, China price should be a tad cheaper for Hornby.

By contrast the Canadian dollar has not changed much against the Euro, and purchase of Rapido stock, although looking expensive in CAD figures was actually a third less converted to Euros.

Currency movements won't necessarily flow through directly. If I were a manufacturer, I'd be hedging some of my currency rate risk through the forward market

Two things of note in this Ebay listing!

1] The price, nearly 200GBP,

and,

2] The [hopefully] scurrilous rumours about short supply in the UK.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hornby-Railroad-R3274-Franco-Crosti-Boiler-9F-BR-Black-Late-crest-92023-BNIB-/221843218293?hash=item33a6e2df75

These are all over Australian Ebay, at a wide variety of prices, from several dealers. As I said, hopefully there will be no shortage of these in the UK. mine is already pre-ordered.

cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

After waiting such a long time for this loco to be released,I will be somewhat miffed if my pre-order is not forthcoming.How come NZ and OZ now get new releases before the UK and since when has this been common practice ??????

Edited by Black 5 Bear

How come NZ and OZ now get new releases before the UK and since when has this been common practice ??????

Probably because they are considerably closer to China than the UK. I expect it has been so since Hornby changed their warehousing.

Probably because they are considerably closer to China than the UK. I expect it has been so since Hornby changed their warehousing.

I was aware of this with the recent Blackmotor release, however I was under the impression that the majority of their warehousing was in the UK and that stock would be shipped far and wide from there. Obviously not the case any more, I think the e-bay seller maybe hyping things up to get a sale. He can keep them at £200 +  !!!!!!

A previous posting in regard to this model actually shows both versions in OZ .They are featured on eBay. The picture which you refer to is a pre-production picture which has been in existence since mid 2014. I think the seller is trying to create a bit of panic buying suggesting it has been sold out in the UK and will be collectable.Nice as it is, it's still a Railroad model !

Edited by Black 5 Bear

Hornby now show arrival in the UK on their website as 23/09/15. I really can't understand why this item is available in NZ and OZ (both versions) in plentiful supply it seems and not released in the UK. I hope this is not another repetition of the "Exeter" fiasco, had I not already paid in full over a year ago I would be now be hitting the cancel button !!! 

Hornby now show arrival in the UK on their website as 23/09/15. I really can't understand why this item is available in NZ and OZ (both versions) in plentiful supply it seems and not released in the UK. I hope this is not another repetition of the "Exeter" fiasco, had I not already paid in full over a year ago I would be now be hitting the cancel button !!! 

Not everything from Hornby is going to end up like the Exeter case.... And if it did then be happy because like Exeter it means there will be a re-run as Hornby had promised in that case.

Not everything from Hornby is going to end up like the Exeter case.... And if it did then be happy because like Exeter it means there will be a re-run as Hornby had promised in that case.

Hopefully not as I've got one of those on order as well. Just a bit annoying having paid upfront and the release date keeps being put back.The Crosti's are obviously in production as we have photographs from the Australian ebay site.

Hopefully not as I've got one of those on order as well. Just a bit annoying having paid upfront and the release date keeps being put back.The Crosti's are obviously in production as we have photographs from the Australian ebay site.

See post #332 above concerning the origins of the Ebay photos.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

They are in stock somewhere. It's definitely the late crest that has the deflector on it.

A previous posting in regard to this model actually shows both versions in OZ .They are featured on eBay. The picture which you refer to is a pre-production picture which has been in existence since mid 2014. I think the seller is trying to create a bit of panic buying suggesting it has been sold out in the UK and will be collectable.Nice as it is, it's still a Railroad model !

Assuming Back 5 Bear is referring to the photos posted by Hilux from the Branchline Hobby Shop, I beg to differ. The photo of the Crosti is taken in the same position and background as the two Class 50s and I have never seen pre-production photos of them. Other photos in their stream also appear to have been taken on the same glass-topped cabinet and the Saving Puffing Billy book in the background appears in another photo. The 50s are also now shown on the Hornby website as 23/09/2015, whereas a week or so ago showed the same August date as the Crosti. For me, these are the production models in stock in the shop, which like the Black Motor arrived in the shops down under before the UK. The new date of 23/09 for me is simply a case of the UK-bound models missing the boat in China and so have been delayed until the next shipment.

Edited by brushman47544

Hornby comes direct to Australia now, it has for a while. The container gets packed in China and shipped once full, so some products if put in the container first, arrive a month or two after being released, will be behind the UK and some the ones put in the container last, will quite possibly be ahead of the UK.

Regarding the pics on Branchlines Facebook page, that is their cabinet and the pics would't be posted online if the items were not in stock.

Two things of note in this Ebay listing!

1] The price, nearly 200GBP,

and,

2] The [hopefully] scurrilous rumours about short supply in the UK.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hornby-Railroad-R3274-Franco-Crosti-Boiler-9F-BR-Black-Late-crest-92023-BNIB-/221843218293?hash=item33a6e2df75

These are all over Australian Ebay, at a wide variety of prices, from several dealers. As I said, hopefully there will be no shortage of these in the UK. mine is already pre-ordered.

cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

Well, ten days later and he still has it!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hornby-Railroad-R3274-Franco-Crosti-Boiler-9F-BR-Black-Late-crest-92023-BNIB-/221851981547?hash=item33a76896eb

Note that the listing wording has changed slightly, but he is still trying to create a one man 'Exeter' situation! Have a look at some of his other listings, the prices are incredible!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• RMweb Gold

He could at least make the effort to write his nonsense in an easy to read way with some vertical separation between lines and common font size.

He could at least make the effort to write his nonsense in an easy to read way with some vertical separation between lines and common font size.

I'll say one thing in his favour .He has provided us with a decent image of the model.You just have to ignore the other nonsense.I suppose sadly there are the gullible who will fall for it,though.

I purchased one for $269 aud from a local shop thought that was a reasonable as our Dollar has slipped behind the pound so much . I though it was rather cool to have it a lot sooner than you guys! Anyhow watch this space ... Post some photos shortly so you can see what youre missing out on ....

• Like 1

I purchased one for $269 aud from a local shop thought that was a reasonable as our Dollar has slipped behind the pound so much . I though it was rather cool to have it a lot sooner than you guys! Anyhow watch this space ... Post some photos shortly so you can see what youre missing out on ....

Excellent new Chev! Can't wait to see them! :locomotive:  At the same time I think a far few of us will be a bit jealous too, having them on pre-order for so long... :jester:

Edited by SDJR7F88