The next foray into NA Railroads

Robatron86

• 2 weeks later...

I love those early Fender Precisions (the one on the right). Is it "noisy"?

I've just got three more of mine back at home that I missed photographing last year: Les Paul Custom, '52 Fender Telecaster and a Pettingill Steel custom made for me; actually a new model prototype #001 "Cruiser".

I'll place a couple of photos in "Early Risers" - when I get around to it!

Best, Pete.

Do you mean noisy as in loud, or noisy due to single coil interference? Well, it is very loud and punchy for a single coil, and it doesn't really suffer from too much interference. I use a Boss ODB-3 live and it seems to handle it well. I am planning on getting the "ashtrays" to complete the look.

I've not heard of Pettingill Steel before, but I shall look them up. And I would love a '52 tele.

I have had a busy evening!

So I have been finding it difficult finding a Walthers Diesel House kit. Not one of the usual stockist has it. So I popped in to Model Junction in Slough today (great shop) and found this:

IMG_20140315_212107.jpg

And I thought, well I've kitbashed one shed, I can do it again. And here it is:

IMG_20140315_212121.jpg

Still needs a lot of work. Hiding the joins is the main job. And I think the doors may need widening. But so far I am happy.

And it was a good 20 quid cheaper than the Diesel House kit.

Thanks for looking,

Rob

Little more done:

IMG_20140317_235528.jpg

I have widened the doors, and left them quite tall as I have Hi Cube stock. I also want to have a little bit of a roller shutter on show as well.

I have added most of the roof, and the back wall to the right has been added. I am using Art Card for the 2 unseen walls as it is quite strong, it's about 3 mm thick.

But, do I leave the long section off the back so I can access the interior or make a complete building?

Answers on a postcard please!

I hope I get it to a decent standard by June! I feel honoured to be in a room with North Haston, 59th and Rust, your layout and Broomfield (in fact anything by Jack). These layouts have really inspired me.

I'm sure you can find a willing partner. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived