The next foray into NA Railroads

Robatron86

Don't you just hate that?

Though there's an N scale version... tempting....

http://www.osbornsmodels.com/kato-usa-176-2125-n-emd-f7a-santa-fe-yellow-bonnet-304315-25227-p.asp

The Kato units run really well and are easy to convert to DCC (latest versions). I don't suppose I should mention that I picked up a lightly used WP F3A+F3B for less than the price for that F7A, though, with the intent is that they will become chassis for my PRR shells.

The Intermountain units run almost as well and have more detail - I have an ABBA set of Warbonnets for my Super Chief. If I was doing it again, though, I would have gone with the Kato units (I think they look better) - oh, wait, I do have an ABBA.set of Kato Warbonnets (random older versions) in the projects box   :scratchhead: :jester:

Adrian

Yeah, I'm not gonna buy that Kato F7 - retail prices are ridiculous for N scale US models these days.

I either import or get second hand stuff. I refuse to pay more than £50 for a DCC fitted Atlas loco, and won't pay much more than that for a DCC fitted Kato loco.

Yeah, I'm not gonna buy that Kato F7 - retail prices are ridiculous for N scale US models these days.

I either import or get second hand stuff. I refuse to pay more than £50 for a DCC fitted Atlas loco, and won't pay much more than that for a DCC fitted Kato loco.

Unfortunately, the retail prices are increasing over here too, with some of the new stuff being more than the equivalent of £50 for DC-only N-Scale.

You need to time a visit over here to coincide with a couple of model railroad flea markets/shows.

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, just putting together next years exhibition layout, really. Want to try something small and easily portable. :) Which is odd, if I think about it. Moving from N to HO because I want to make a small layout?  :scratchhead:

But true enough, judging by your N scale plans.... :sungum: ;)

Well, just putting together next years exhibition layout, really.

Want to try something small and easily portable. :)

Which is odd, if I think about it. Moving from N to HO because I want to make a small layout?  :scratchhead:

Maybe consider an 'H0 module' with end pieces for using it at home.

Archived