SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Dear ### that's 32mm stuff. WTF you doin' lad?

Parp

I thought it was a bit big!

Seriously, I'm having a bit of a dabble. So far built a wagon, painted some figures and have a bogie coach kit in stock. Now experimenting to see if I can build a point. Suppose i might have to start a thread.

I have reachded a gutty hard bit though. The main point(!) of building my own is to avoid the unsightly tie bar that comes with Peco. The C&L kit now comes with an Ambis Models tie bar which i simply can't build and even if I could build it would be too flimsy. Luckily i bought some Just Like the Real Thing tiebars and am currently waiting for the glue to dry on them.

Smell of burning fingers and extreme bad language expected later when i try to solder them in place......

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

If you mean 3205, that was the snowplough loco at the time and it became available for preservation because of that. If you mean the Tower, that was the machine Gun Post to eliminate any Spotters trying to bunk the Shed. It also was used for eyesight tests for drivers with a signal arm affixed way up the top; oh and it had a water tank on it too.

82039, ex Sidmouth/ Exmouth Branch regular.

Phart  

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

If you mean 3205, that was the snowplough loco at the time and it became available for preservation because of that. If you mean the Tower, that was the machine Gun Post to eliminate any Spotters trying to bunk the Shed. It also was used for eyesight tests for drivers with a signal arm affixed way up the top; oh and it had a water tank on it too.

Phart

Thank you sir, I am rather fond of the STD 3...

Is that Gert Wessun thing a Collette Goods?

I have one of them from the time I thought I was GWR, Bachmann I believe. Goods excuse to run it on Pleye Wood.

:)

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Gold

Phart  

Indeed t'was and it was there complete with snow pluff attached on the day what I done Exmouth Jcn shed (dead easy to bunk by then, I presume they'd given up on any sort of security)

That looks a bit 'narrow' gauge to me :O  - are you feeling ok or are you going to change your screen name? :jester:

Bit narra !!! Its as big as it'll get for now ( very tempted to build the Finney Rover though ! ).

I'm feeling' quite insane   :crazy: thank you and looooong may it remain that way thank you Mike, and as far as changing my screen name, suggestions on the back of a Penny Black please  :tease:

N.Utter

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I am getting confused, there seems to be talk about model trains, BIG BOYS GAUGE, and G*R as well.

All that is making me dizzy. To settle me down and anyone else who's head is spinning how about a photo of what to me is the most important model ever produced, the Tri-ang Brush Type 2. I had my first one just before Xmas 1966, father Christmas came early because I was very poorly with measles and gave me one of theses, 2 carriages and a circle of track. 

post-16423-0-90500400-1513964079_thumb.jpg

And look what trouble the stupid old man from the North Pole started.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Certainly is, lovely model and it may have a couple more stable mates in the new year :)

The copper clad point is part of the Bigger plan, I couldn't really wait for the C & L parts ( sadly ) to make new points do I've had a go at this method.

Also tried using Pecaboo bits and obechi strip too...

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

It'll do for now :)

Very nice, Grahame.

That could be me, in x years time, when I finally manage to find a suitable cameo-sized track plan in 'Layout Designs in 7mm for The Short of Space and Lacking in Motivation'.

• RMweb Premium

I have moved the M7 and gates but CBA to take a photo until tomorrow. Sorry St.

I have also tried several ways to cure my naughty Tavern wot causes a short and they have not worked so far. It isn't the actual wheels AFAICS as I tried them (each pair on axles that is). I shall try painting the bogie tops tomorrow and putting some nail varnish on the solebars where the wheels may be touching on curves. Weird this shorting as I have never had this problem before with any of my kit builds. Hey ho, all part of life's rich whatevers. 

Philth

• RMweb Premium

Hey guys and Tim

Am I the only one keeping an eye on the Pecoboo thread, guess what? The "your not a proper modeller unless you make your own track" gang are giving lessons on building your own track. Again....as so many of you are making your own I thought it might be of help. 

Clive the track Philistine.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hey guys and Tim

Am I the only one keeping an eye on the Pecoboo thread, guess what? The "your not a proper modeller unless you make your own track" gang are giving lessons on building your own track. Again....as so many of you are making your own I thought it might be of help. 

Clive the track Philistine.

Update...go Mike go....

• RMweb Premium

I am getting confused, there seems to be talk about model trains, BIG BOYS GAUGE, and G*R as well.

All that is making me dizzy. To settle me down and anyone else who's head is spinning how about a photo of what to me is the most important model ever produced, the Tri-ang Brush Type 2. I had my first one just before Xmas 1966, father Christmas came early because I was very poorly with measles and gave me one of theses, 2 carriages and a circle of track. 

attachicon.gif013a.jpg

And look what trouble the stupid old man from the North Pole started.

Ah yes, Clive, that takes me back. A lovely looking loco but couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding on Peco track (arrgh, what have I done now?).

I was lucky enough to get the blue one with white roof secondhand from a bloke at school.