Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Ah yes, Clive, that takes me back. A lovely looking loco but couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding on Peco track (arrgh, what have I done now?).

I was lucky enough to get the blue one with white roof secondhand from a bloke at school.

Now there is Rice Pudding and then there is my mum's Rice Pudding :sungum: :sungum:

Anyhow, what are you doing putting your rice pudding on Peco track? :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Gold

For some reason, I am reminded of something that I read in our old student newsletter, many, many years ago. It was a letter from some student guy, asking for advice. It went a bit like this (I would imagine a voice like Neil from 'The Young Ones'), 'Hey man, I've spent all my grant money on this cool stereo and now I've got no money left to live on, what should I do?' Even back then, prim and proper as I could sometimes be, I would think to myself in exasperation - 'sell the sod*ing stereo, you moron!'

• Like 2

Back on rice pudding, the German equivalent of the phrase is apparently "couldn't pull a herring off the plate" (zieht keinen Hering vom Teller). How do I know this? A conversation with a German about Class 31s. All of which is a long way from SJ.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Back on rice pudding, the German equivalent of the phrase is apparently "couldn't pull a herring off the plate" (zieht keinen Hering vom Teller). How do I know this? A conversation with a German about Class 31s. All of which is a long way from SJ.

Ah, that familiar whiff of Herring being slowly dragged off a plate by a Mighty Kreigslok; I can smell it now.............................oh, hang on, I think it may have been something else. Excuse me for a few minutes.

OK Modelling alert. I have solved the Tavern mystery. Because I am now operated by DCC stuff then the slightest shorty activity causes chaos on the Hand Held (no sniggering). Doesn't solve the problem but does explain the situation. I shall borrow SWMBO's nail varnish in a mo and see if I can sort it.

• RMweb Premium

For some reason, I am reminded of something that I read in our old student newsletter, many, many years ago. It was a letter from some student guy, asking for advice. It went a bit like this (I would imagine a voice like Neil from 'The Young Ones'), 'Hey man, I've spent all my grant money on this cool stereo and now I've got no money left to live on, what should I do?' Even back then, prim and proper as I could sometimes be, I would think to myself in exasperation - 'sell the sod*ing stereo, you moron!'

Blimey CK, that's quite assertive for you. Do take care and have a Sherry or something. Relax and think of Pacifics.

Oliver B.

Where I come from the equivalent is

"Couldn't pull a Sailor off your Sister"

• RMweb Premium

Hey guys and Tim

Am I the only one keeping an eye on the Pecoboo thread, guess what? The "your not a proper modeller unless you make your own track" gang are giving lessons on building your own track. Again....as so many of you are making your own I thought it might be of help.

Clive the track Philistine.

You should check out the Cooper-Craft fred...

No you shouldn't , its become another Pecaboo jobby ( to be fair they do have a point though ! )

Just to let you know I've found my Green Shield stamp books and I will be sending off for a new Passpartoo Port in Pink with Yellow Spots just to add to the confusion of the Government announcement yesterday. I may need it when entering Seaton.

R.I.Pingyarns

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

That thread and the C&L thread seem to divide into two camps. One camp treats these walter mitty characters like preservationists and makes allowances for any business failings. They are happy to send an order with blue/black ink on parchment on a wednesday if thats what walter wants. They are happy to pay by postal order and wait indefinitely for their stuff. The other camp says if you are going to run a business in 21st Century you need to take electronic payments, online orders and actually deliver the stuff. You have to answer emails and pick up the phone if it rings.

Ooops, I've probably given away which camp im in there....

Tintin Ette Shopper

Edited by colin penfold

• RMweb Premium

Santa Special just arrived at Blue Anchor; Hall.

Elves and Santa have gone aboard. Looks like the Hall is going to run round as CK has just moved the tail lamp. There are customers as well. I'm jealous.

Phelf

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1