RMweb

Britannia Pacific Models

bigdaveadams1

Hi all, I'm thinking of investing in a couple of their 2HAP models. I just wonder if anyone has any views on their Southern Region EMU models. I also notice they have plenty of AC models. They are expensive, but offer excellent value if comparing them to a RTR kit, such as a Bratchell offering.

Cheers

Dave

• 8 months later...

I have a Tamper and an NSE Inspection Saloon and I think both are superb and worth the money. I don't think I could build either from scratch or modify something else for the money that you pay Brittania Pacific.

And don't forget the NSE Inspection Saloon is based on a different prototype than the latest Bachmann superb offering.

Best regards

Kevin

post-5799-0-43941600-1413262812.jpg

post-5799-0-81453400-1413262944.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Sorry have to disagree there - what are they not being informative about ??

Have ordered a few items from them all done to a good standard and excellent communication ..

Dont know what you want to know extra that is not on the website ??

Their web site is not at all informative.

Regards

It might be basic compared to other websites but I found that all the info I needed was there. Besides which Peter is very amiable and answered any question I had either on the phone or by email.

I've had 7 items from him and everyone of them was built to a very high standard - this tamper is awesome! I've no connection to BPM other than a very satisfied customer.

It might be basic compared to other websites but I found that all the info I needed was there. Besides which Peter is very amiable and answered any question I had either on the phone or by email.

I've had 7 items from him and everyone of them was built to a very high standard - this tamper is awesome! I've no connection to BPM other than a very satisfied customer.

Due to the negative tone in the responses to my post above, I had another look. I now find that you have to go to 'site map' in order to find out the details of their products. I wasn't expecting that, but it's true that all the stuff is listed and very good it looks too. Perhaps a not very intuitive website, but it is informative once you have stumbled onto its little secret.

Regards

I have the Tamper, various inspection saloons and departmental stock and find them excellent. Apart from the Tamper most of the other models do need further detailing such as foot boards, roof conduits, door handles and grabs etc. I guess if Peter fitted these items as standard then the unit cost would be much higher and would not be viewed as good value. With my BPM inspection saloons I asked Peter not to fix body to chassis so I could finish the external and internal detailing - I found him very helpful in all my requests.

Martin.

• 4 months later...

I have to say Peter of Britannia Pacific Models is utterly fantastic. I have had him make up a few tampers for myself from Jonathan Buckie's 08-16 Tampers. For the detail and service you receive it is a brilliantly fair price and I am outstandingly chuffed with my Plassers.

His coaches, especially the Network Rail range are fantastic too. I hightly recommend anyone considering ordering something from Britannia Pacific to do so!

post-22366-0-48005400-1426338742_thumb.jpg

post-22366-0-24440400-1426338744_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Has anyone ordered anything from them lately? Cant get in contact be phone or email

Hi LaGrange

Spoke to Peter via email a couple of days ago so he is still up and running - Saying that he is very busy and have just managed to secure a March build date with him!!

On the subject of Britannia Pacific Models I must say Peter is a top guy! I have purchased a 4CIG and a class 207 and these have been constructed to a very high standard. I had an issue with the 207 my fault not BPM Peter sorted this issues out with no hassle, fantastic after sales.

All the best

Darren NSE DAZ

Hi LaGrange

Spoke to Peter via email a couple of days ago so he is still up and running - Saying that he is very busy and have just managed to secure a March build date with him!!

On the subject of Britannia Pacific Models I must say Peter is a top guy! I have purchased a 4CIG and a class 207 and these have been constructed to a very high standard. I had an issue with the 207 my fault not BPM Peter sorted this issues out with no hassle, fantastic after sales.

All the best

Darren NSE DAZ

Cheers, just after a price for a kit, will keep trying. Have already emailed and the phone rings out

Cheers, just after a price for a kit, will keep trying. Have already emailed and the phone rings out

No problem - Email always seem to be the best form of contact and from my email trails I have noticed emails are normally answered twice a week and normally quite late a night.

Cheers

Darren NSE DAZ 

• 1 year later...

I can also highly recommend Peter's modelling skills, I have received three Brake Tenders from BPM and an observation saloon (Caroline) and this morning a 57' Network Rail Track Inspection Saloon arrived, all have been constructed to a very high standard and i will be ordering more models from him in the near future, I've always found Peter a real pleasure to chat to over the phone and he is always very helpful.

I bought an unrefurbished 4CEP from Peter some years ago, some time before the Bachmann version. Whilst it was so welcome as a unique RTR, and saved me having to make another attempt at building a DC Kits version again, ran well out of the box and gave me great pleasure, it does not stand close comparison these days with the more detailed Bachmann offering, unless one spends considerable time detailing each vehicle. I see he has already dropped this (leaving only the refurbished version) and one or two other models from the range, such as the Class 73, in view of competing offerings.

Nonetheless, I fully intend to purchase a 4CEP refurbished version from him, and possibly a 4BEP and 6L or 6B, when funds allow. BPM continues to provide niche models and that is where it should focus. I would particularly like him to produce a 4 SUB one day, which no-one else appears to intend, and as a De-icer/weedkilling unit, it would be even more welcome.

I was not aware of this make until someone bumped the thread back up. Thanks for bringing this to the fore.

The danger is, I could easily spend a a fortune with them.

4-EPB

4-BEP

4-CEP refurbished

4-CIG

etc etc

My oh my......

• RMweb Premium

Yes likewise. I was introduced to this brand a few months ago through a thread in RMWeb . Didn't know of it's existence until then. Contemplating a DBSO and possibly a 303 Glasgow Blue a Train , if still available

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to add my thanks to Peter on yet another superb model that arrived today. I have wanted to add the Network Rail Inspection Saloon 999508 for a while and finally ordered one towards the end of last year. Will need to select a suitable pair of DRS tractors so it can get a run out on Rannoch.

These models are well worth waiting for to add something a little unique to the fleet.

All the best

Mark

Archived