The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

100 days........

BlackRat

Thank you for your service Sir.

I'm fairly sure if you find yourself missing the job too much, no one is going to mind if you stand at the edge of the road with a hair-dryer pointing at the traffic once in a while.

Enjoy your retirement. I think you've probably earned it more than most. :)

• RMweb Premium

Who needs a hairdryer. Just get a big yellow jacket and a nice white helmet and sit astride one's large white (wait for it..........) Honda 125 (yes that's what I had but it was red) in a suitable place just off a main road with a 40 limit. Preferably just after the brow of a hill or a nice sweeping bend.

It is highly amusing to watch the bonnets dip as 'one' is spotted and then to see the worried/quizzical look as the driver passes and can't quite make up their minds as :sungum: to what you are doing there!

Many years ago I discovered  this whilst waiting for an appointment. I pulled into a layby on a 40 road and turned the red Honda 125 to an angle by which I could watch the building I was visiting. I realised after some minutes that approaching traffic was slowing when they saw me and then proceeding ever so politely at  what seemed to be about 35. 

Honestly, this really happened and all because they saw a yellow jacket and white helmeted person astride some sort of motor bike (even though it was red......).

Great fun and I wasn't impersonating anyone other than myself....a County Road Safety Officer somewhere in the Sarf.

All the best ratty; enjoy every minute when it happens mate.

P

If you're anything like me it'll take you ages to stop reaching down to switch on the 'blues & twos' everytime you see an idiot motorist do something criminally stupid!

Come to think of it I still do.......................................... :scratchhead:

100 days........ One hopes you'll not be exiled to St. Helena. Good luck.

They are currently recruiting for the St Helena and Ascension Island Police Force.

Just got the application, initial 2 year post to Ascension Island, accompanied and a salary of £13k a year!

• RMweb Premium

For those planning on purchasing a pair of very dark glasses, view the 5th image down here to assess HOW dark they need to be....

This post carries a health warning re your eye sight..... :jester: 

For those planning on purchasing a pair of very dark glasses, view the 5th image down here to assess HOW dark they need to be....

This post carries a health warning re your eye sight..... :jester: 

I would suggest that they would need to be the same as for arc welding, I can't remember the number (might be 11), as it is a long time since I did any welding.

SS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived