Blueball Summit

andy stroud

Guest bri.s

Lovely work ,really nice modelling

Buildings with character

I'll look forward to seeing them on your layout

Brian

• Like 1

- did you make a plasticard shell and then apply the microstrip individually? :O

yes. The basic shell went together in an hour or so, the application of the microstrip took quite a bit longer! It isn't actually very consistent, but I think the overall effect is ok.

post-1218-0-59139500-1437310874.jpg

post-1218-0-24571300-1437310908.jpg

cheers,

Andy

• Like 6

Have you tried Evergreen N scale car siding? I think it makes great corrugated iron in N/2mm? I'll try and dig out some photos of mine to see what you think.

No I haven't but I would be interested to see what it is like. I do plan a fair bit of corrugated, especially roofs.

No I haven't but I would be interested to see what it is like. I do plan a fair bit of corrugated, especially roofs.

Hi Andy

Here are some examples of using the N scale car siding. All are work in progress and need to be finished.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers

post-1252-0-44424500-1437380603.jpg

post-1252-0-21638700-1437380634.jpg

post-1252-0-79625000-1437380665.jpg

post-1252-0-39117800-1437380697.jpg

post-1252-0-18352900-1437380725.jpg

• Like 10

Well i have learnt something today! I have never really explored the Evergreen range. Many thanks for the suggestion. Very lovely buildings as well, by the way.

Andy

Thanks Andy. I like the Evergreen range. Lots of quirky sections. The half round section makes really nice rainwater guttering  :biggrin_mini2:

Cheers

I also would be interested in where that corrugated sheet came from, any ideas on uk stockists? looks really good!

Best wishes

Simon

I think you can get Evergreen from most reasonably well stocked model shops (if you can find one!). Failing that, I've been able to get it from the usual mail order sources.

Hi Andy, just catching up on your thread. Excellent work, the viaduct looks superb, loving the 37s on the china clay, quality!

Whilst I do not model in 2mm, I can thoroughly recommend Evergreen sheets. I have used them a lot on a few different projects and their range is very good.

The station building is based upon the one at Silverton, which was situated between Tiverton and Exeter, although I have missed off some of the twiddly bits!

post-1218-0-55361000-1438087760.jpg

I'm not sure how to paint it. I was tempted to do a Chocolate and Cream job although I'm not sure if it will look odd as the other station structures like the footbridge, pagoda and signal box are all BR grey.

• Like 11

Thankyou Simon for the thoughts. The attractive paint job in the original picture is what made me consider the Chocolate and Cream. Only thing is, that is a 1960s picture and my layout is 70s and 80s when most buildings were grey. If I thought it wouldn't look odd against the grey footbridge, I think I would go for the Chocolate and Cream. I'm not going to hurry into a decision as I've got several other buildings on the go.

Edited by andy stroud

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Lovely buildings you're building there!

I would thoroughly recommend Evergreen sheet and strip.  Nowadays I find it's pretty much the only plasticard I use due to its high quality, extensive range and consistency.

I don't know where you're based but I get all mine from my local shop Trains 4 U in Peterborough - they have a very comprehensive range.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...