• RMweb Gold

Now a Question (66 will probably know the answer!): Who does a roof conversion kit for the 37/9 (Slug)? And other than the roof, was there any other differences on the body from a normal 37?

I've acquired a Bachmann 37 that needs some TLC and intend to convert it to a 'Slug'.

Thanks in advance

Jinty ;-)

As mentioned PH design do an etch for this. Shawplan do one too. The Shawplan one represents 901 to 904 in an earlier condition (80s into the 90s) so it might be more suitable for the period you model. The nose grille detail is different for pretty much all of the 37/9s so photos of your chosen prototype in the period you require should be checked.

The noses can vary a bit too - position of lamp irons. Also as mentioned, one of the side windows on the 37/9s was filled in as it was for some other 37 sub classes.

Hope this helps.

As mentioned PH design do an etch for this. Shawplan do one too. The Shawplan one represents 901 to 904 in an earlier condition (80s into the 90s) so it might be more suitable for the period you model. The nose grille detail is different for pretty much all of the 37/9s so photos of your chosen prototype in the period you require should be checked.

The noses can vary a bit too - position of lamp irons. Also as mentioned, one of the side windows on the 37/9s was filled in as it was for some other 37 sub classes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, yes I've realised that the 37's are a bit of a minefield for detail differences, but luckily I've got quite a few reference pictures to work from, plus the article in the folders mentioned above, so hopefully I'll get it right!!!!!

Yess 'ess1-uk' I've rather taken to the IC 47 myself, and it's staying!!!!!!

Looking for another 47 now that needs work as a donor!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

love the kid and his space hopper, you also need those clackers hanging from a nearby telephone line.....there was a set for months if not years hanging off one near us when I was a kid. I have contemplated trying to make a kid with a hook a hoop......those little rubber bracelet things that are so popular look like they would do...or be cut down....and some many people have them in their kids or grandkids bedrooms.....

love the kid and his space hopper, you also need those clackers hanging from a nearby telephone line.....there was a set for months if not years hanging off one near us when I was a kid. I have contemplated trying to make a kid with a hook a hoop......those little rubber bracelet things that are so popular look like they would do...or be cut down....and some many people have them in their kids or grandkids bedrooms.....

Clackers!!!!!

They were the ones that got banned for breaking children's bones in their hands wern't they?

And a Raleigh 'Chopper' needed too!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Well, as mentioned before, I've acquired  another class 47, in good condition, the only thing I could find wrong with it, was one of the door windows has come adrift and is rolling around the cab. But that's an easy fix!!! :beee:

Got it home and opened it up and I found it already had a decoder fitted!!!!! :O BONUS!!! (only a Bachmann one, but a bonus!!)

Tested it on the layout, and no problems at all, runs as smooth as silk, and all for under £40!!!!!!!!! :boast::boast: :boast:

Here she is, 47710, Sir Walter Scott, in Scotrail livery...........

post-14906-0-65017100-1407171785_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-69686700-1407171797_thumb.jpg

But the first thing that needs doing to it, is to paint those MU cables, as they look stupid orange!!!!!!!

post-14906-0-48916100-1407174447_thumb.jpg

I'm sure I've seen a picture of this loco, in a pretty poor (paintwork) condition when they moved back south?

'Scotrail' removed from the side and the light blue line quite faded.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be thankful. In the meantime I'll have a browse on the Class 47 site.

Jinty ;-)

After a good look around on the Class 47 site, it appears that she held on to her 'Scotrail' livery till '91, then went into NSE livery. The only difference I can see is a Scottie dog above the nameplates!!!

I don't think you can have a new member to the fleet without giving it a trial run as well can you?

37415 approaches Wrexbury with the S Wales train, 47710 is standing by to return the train to S. Wales.

post-14906-0-08629400-1407184544_thumb.jpg

47710 follows the train into platform 4, ready for the return....

post-14906-0-63222800-1407184563_thumb.jpg

In the meantime, 37506 leaves with the ARC stone train.....

post-14906-0-09523900-1407184576_thumb.jpg

And finally, 47710 leaves for S. Wales, through the cutting....

post-14906-0-09225000-1407184599_thumb.jpg

I keep saying this, but I'd better get on with things and stop playing!!!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Hi Jeff, Thanks for that, she's pretty grotty eh??? :declare:

I've found this site invaluable for 47 info: http://www.class47.co.uk/c47_intro_v2.php

Very run down towards the end. Like I said before, the only difference I can see really is the scottie dog above the name :scratchhead:

Thanks again

Jinty ;-)

Hiya Jintyman, I've got it bookmarked already, its an invaluable site .

try this link for 47 710

http://www.class47.co.uk/c47_photos_1.php??index=4&jndex=0&kndex=9&s_loco=47710

I like the weathering on polybulks, I think Bachmann could of made twice as many and still sold out. I've a couple of 47835 body's too, one is now railfreight speed link, shame no intercity mainline locos have that flush headcode as the name and intercity/swallow come off so easy. So I'm going to paint it in civil Dutch I think. I'll follow your layout with interest, thanks.

I like the weathering on polybulks, I think Bachmann could of made twice as many and still sold out. I've a couple of 47835 body's too, one is now railfreight speed link, shame no intercity mainline locos have that flush headcode as the name and intercity/swallow come off so easy. So I'm going to paint it in civil Dutch I think. I'll follow your layout with interest, thanks.

Thanks for the follow.

I wanted to finish a Civil/Duch 47, but couldn't find one where No2 end is flush!!!

Pray let me know if you know of one, as I can put my hands on another 835 body?

Jinty ;-)

I wanted to finish a Civil/Duch 47, but couldn't find one where No2 end is flush!!!

Pray let me know if you know of one, as I can put my hands on another 835 body?

Well after much searching and scratching around, and looking through many photos, I've found a 'Civil' liveried 47, where No2 end is flush. It couldn't of really been more obvious, 47333 "Civil Link"!!!!! :O :o

Body purchased and on its way!!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Hi Jinty, Plenty going on 47710 is a beast I have been tempted to get one in this Livery myself, the 47/8 looks pretty good too though I wasn't a fan of them at the time as it seemed to be all we got down our way for a while.

Looking forwards to seeing how you go with 47333 I think I have a pic of this loco but in Dutch liv. One of my fave liveries way better than the grey. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

Archived