Have you had any more "ebay" bargains?? :sungum:

Not Ebay,

local shop again, and again circa £40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31439 NYMR, like new and boxed too!!!!!!

post-14906-0-14247200-1408899193_thumb.jpg

Pulling in its first train.........

post-14906-0-80550000-1408899209_thumb.jpg

Sitting awaiting the road with a parcels.....

post-14906-0-14966700-1408899224_thumb.jpg

As with the other recent acquisitions, all a bit clean, and will have to get in the queue for weathering and toning down.

Jinty ;-)

Good Info on the layout there Jinty, and a very nice 31, always liked that livery (Maybe because there is a lot of blue to it ;))

Cheers, Bob.

Thanks Bob, yes I like the RR livery on the 37's as well

Just spent half hour catching up on the layout Jintyman, looking very nice indeed, I like the trackplan explanation on page 15. 

Graham.

Thanks Graham,

Yes even I can find the trackplan a bit confusing sometimes!!!!!

I just need another rake of 5 Mk1's and a 150/ 158, and I will then start to put an operating sequence together, as I'll have the haulage to make it quite interesting, as well as the freight movements too.

Some great pics there Jinty, nice 31 to, I defo need to get a green one!! Keep up the good work.

Cheers, Paul

Thanks Paul,

Yes the Hornby Green 31's look nice too

Thanks again guys

Jinty ;-)

Not Ebay,

local shop again, and again circa £40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31439 NYMR, like new and boxed too!!!!!!

attachicon.gifWRX257.jpg

Pulling in its first train.........

attachicon.gifWRX258.jpg

Sitting awaiting the road with a parcels.....

attachicon.gifWRX256.jpg

As with the other recent acquisitions, all a bit clean, and will have to get in the queue for weathering and toning down.

Jinty ;-)

Wow what a bargain and nice livery, looks a real treat on your mixed rake of coaches Jinty. Wish I could bag myself a bargain like that....... :beee:

Simon

Wow what a bargain and nice livery, looks a real treat on your mixed rake of coaches Jinty. Wish I could bag myself a bargain like that....... :beee:

Simon

He's still got a New RFD 47 Heljan for £60 and a Bachmann Class 57 in NR livery for about the same, wrong boxed!!!!

If the Heljan 47 is still there next week, it'll probably be coming home with me

Jinty ;-)

Thanks guys,

I just wish I could get my SLR down that low, I'd get better pictures!!! :senile:

Anyway, eventually, I've received my ESU lokpilots, so I can continue with the workbench thread on the DCC lighting kit on the 37 :scratchhead: :declare:

Jinty ;-) 

I did read,about a year ago,another thread on another forum...........

The member went to a one day course,on model railway photography, it was suggested,you can capture,better pic's with a compact camera,"on the layout".

I have a   camtruck,   bit expensive for some people's budget,but, I also have a laptop by the layout,with a couple of   Logitec webcam's   ,plugged in.

The software disc, allow's you to make movie's and take picture's and upload to you tube,if you have an account.

A photo taken by the camtruck...........also takes video's.......

post-13585-0-10663400-1408951448_thumb.jpg

A photo, taken by the Logitec  webcam..

gallery_11373_415_12767.jpg

Compact camera (Olympus).

post-13585-0-30711000-1408952971_thumb.jpg

Never tried my mobile phone ...........yet....

He's still got a New RFD 47 Heljan for £60 and a Bachmann Class 57 in NR livery for about the same, wrong boxed!!!!If the Heljan 47 is still there next week, it'll probably be coming home with meJinty ;-)

If the Baccy 57 is still there when you go on, I'll happily buy it off you if you're willing to buy and post it. Can't find one down here for reasonable money.

Mark

As discussed earlier in the thread, I acquired 2 Bachmann class 47 body shells, both 47835 "Windsor Castle". I originally only got one, but when I saw 835, I decided I wanted that one too, so purchased another.

My original intention was for a Departmental grey version, but the only one (as I thought at the time) with No2 end flush to match the body I'd got, was 333, but that was another named one. Someone kindly pointed out that 331 had a flush No2 although it attained its 'Dutch' stripe very shortly after being painted grey!!!!

So it was decided that 47331 it was, in 'Dutch' livery, and a suitable chassis was acquired (with another spare body!!!).

This is the body as it was................

post-14906-0-83075400-1409052478_thumb.jpg

This morning was spent rubbing down and cleaning the body up, so that there was no residue of what was underneath showing through the final paint finish......

post-14906-0-11154800-1409052576_thumb.jpg

Then making up the yellow ends, as I might just cheat and leave them as they are!!!!!

3 thin coats of primer, rubbed down with 1000 wet and dry between coats, left to dry for an hour (Halfords aerosol), then on with the Railmatch Departmental Grey (228), let down with cellulose thinners, probably about 4 good coats all over!!!!!

post-14906-0-09624400-1409052861_thumb.jpg

I'll leave it for a couple of days now, drying through, then I'll be attacking it with the yellow for the band on the side.

I've got Data panels and numbering for it, as well as the cast double arrows, but it's order time from Fox for the Immingham 'Star & Scroll' motif.

Jinty ;-)

I cocked up, I should of put the progress on the 47 on my workbench thread!!!!!!

I'll see if I can copy it over.................

With me progressing with 47331, that obviously means 37431 is finished!!!!! Yes it is, I've managed to hide all the wires behind the cab doors, I painted the inside of the cab door windows black, and then ran the wires behind them.

I've fitted ploughs, and some pipework to the front, including a flexible ETH cable that will move if the Kadee touches it.

It's had a pretty dirty weathering, I've got a couple of pictures of it just about like this, and all the pictures I have of it, the bottom edge was always rust stained!!!! All that 'WAS' left to do is to just dim the lights a little when I set it up with the SPROG, but I've just noticed that one of the side windows has decided to go AWOL!!!!!!!! God knows where that has gone!!!

post-14906-0-31698700-1409074195_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-97873300-1409074209_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-46416800-1409074222_thumb.jpg

I'll try and move the 47 post above to my WB thread!!!!

JInty ;-)

I seem to be having trouble taking pictures tonight!!!!!!!!

Those last 2 pictures are quite poor, only noticed once I posted them on here. So I went out and re-took them.

post-14906-0-71516000-1409075322_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-76054100-1409075337_thumb.jpg

And a couple more.........

post-14906-0-56609700-1409075351_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-49775600-1409075367_thumb.jpg

And yes I noticed that the wheel was off!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

I look forward to seeing your 47331, mine on hold as going to move house and all to be packed away.

Thanks, 47331 shouldn't take long at all, he says hopefully!!!!

Never mind, I'm sure it'll all be worth it, major headache moving house, so good luck and all the best

Jinty

wheres the picture ....you just put up on the how realistic is your picture???

I was going to comment on it. I am NOT usually a big fan of black and white pictures trying to look like times gone by, unless I see the picture to the side, as I like colour so much.

In fact I often see old black and white pictures, and my thought is....hmmm what did it look like in colour. 

BUT because you have the lights on the loco, and therefore it looks like the last of the light before night hits....I think it really work well, because it could be a modern day image and the colour would be right is it was late dusk. Plus the bits behind all work well for the purpose as well. Clever touch.

Archived