Apologies if I've missed it but what colour paint did you use to paint your concrete surfaces Jinty? this is the one area I struggle to get looking right on my layout.

Simon

Hi Simon,

The concrete base is airbrushed with Humbrol Matt 121, then the start of the 'distressing' was done with the weathering liquids and powders quoted above.

Jinty ;-)

Hi Simon,

The concrete base is airbrushed with Humbrol Matt 121, then the start of the 'distressing' was done with the weathering liquids and powders quoted above.

Jinty ;-)

I'll check my Humbrol collection to see if i've got 121, if not it will be added to my payday order  :scared:

nice work on the concrete jinty....the dirty water works well and an idea im going to have to steal....one day i will come up with one of my own ideas lol.

anyway...more, more, more updates please.

terry

Thanks, but all credit must go to Jaz, who's idea it was!!!!

I'll check my Humbrol collection to see if i've got 121, if not it will be added to my payday order  :scared:

Order plenty, my depot area took nearly 3 tinlets, let down 50/50 through the airbrush!!!!!!!!!!! :O :o :O :scratchhead:

Jinty ;-)

Thanks, but all credit must go to Jaz, who's idea it was!!!!

Order plenty, my depot area took nearly 3 tinlets, let down 50/50 through the airbrush!!!!!!!!!!! :O :o :O :scratchhead:

Jinty ;-)

I'll water mine down but it will be an old fashioned brush for me Jinty, nothing fancy here in Newhaven :stinker:

:whistle:

Great work jinty!! do you need any "yard light towers" :senile:

cheers neil..

Thanks Neil,

As for yard light towers, I'm just sticking to the type of yard lights I've got for now. I've got more to install.

But before I can do that, I've got some track to rip up, and relay, as I haven't left enough clearance between the run through line and the Scalescenes depot that's going along the back!!!!! :cry: :no: :tomato:So tomorrow will be spent undertaking this!!!!!! :whistle:

JInty ;-)

PS: I've just found all the other emoticons too :imsohappy:

Here it is, 47365, in RfD livery, not a loco I'd of purchased new off the shelf, but I only really want it for the chassis for 47331 in 'Dutch' livery. But for under £40, I had to have it.

post-14906-0-98525900-1408212474_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-05587100-1408212490_thumb.jpg

This brings my 'Duff total' up to 7 serviceable locos, plus "Fire Fly" out on loan to a friend, and one body awaiting conversion to 331!!!!!!

post-14906-0-29365500-1408212504_thumb.jpg

Some major civil engineering going on tomorrow at the TMD, whilst I re-align the two rear tracks about 3/4" away from their current position, so the Scalescenes depot will fit and give clearance for the middle road.

Jinty ;-)

You're a bad influence Jinty, just sold a loco on Ebay and promptly bought 20132 in Railfreight grey livery :locomotive:  (when I say bought SWMBO bought it on her laptop so she can't grumble when it arrives in the post).

Bad influence, me? My loco fleet doesn't even scratch the surface of some on here!!!!!

But you just can't walk away from a 47, in good nick for £37.50, can you???? :stinker:

The class 20 sounds nice, I'm after a blue one to go with my R/F one. I'd prefer one that doesn't work, as I'd de-motor it and permanently couple it with the one I've got. I'm sure one will come along sometime!!!

Jinty ;-)

Where did you get the 47 for under £40 as i fancy another in that livery.

Terry

It was second hand in the model shop in Rhyl, they haven't another Bachmann one there, but they had a Heljan Tinsley Traction Depot in the same livery, boxed, as new for £60!!!! I've had quite a few bargains out of there. Nice people to deal with too (no connection), plus they're modellers themselves, which I think helps.

Jinty ;-)

It was second hand in the model shop in Rhyl, they haven't another Bachmann one there, but they had a Heljan Tinsley Traction Depot in the same livery, boxed, as new for £60!!!! I've had quite a few bargains out of there. Nice people to deal with too (no connection), plus they're modellers themselves, which I think helps.

Jinty ;-)

I dont like the Heljan version (fat jennies) as they dont look right compared to bachmanns 47's.

Sounds like good little bargain model shop!! :no:  :sungum:

Good work on the tmd jinty,our model railway club wil be having open nights again starting in september,then each month on... :no:

Your welcome to pop down...

cheers neil..

Yes Neil,

I must try and get over, it just seems whenever I plan to, I get called out to work!!!!!! :dontknow: Maybe I should switch the phone off eh? :sarcastichand:

Jinty ;-)

Yes Neil,

I must try and get over, it just seems whenever I plan to, I get called out to work!!!!!! :dontknow: Maybe I should switch the phone off eh? :sarcastichand:

Jinty ;-)

Yer when im home,first thing is the phone goes off til back to work again...

or i just get call after call...

Well after an afternoon, wrestling with plastikard and balsa :scared:

I tested the clearance and the power to the rails with 37427.......

post-14906-0-64106400-1408303332_thumb.jpg

I then used 1/8" x 1/8" balsa on top of the 1/16" cork for the supports for the 40 thou" plastikard hard standing. which took some time as it had to be held firmly down, so as not to cause the plastic to rise above rail height.....

post-14906-0-73393500-1408303345_thumb.jpg

Then some considerable time was then spent cutting and shaping the plastikard to sit on top. That was then glued down and weights were added to hold it, about 20thou" under rail height..........

post-14906-0-52205600-1408303359_thumb.jpg

Whilst the glue was going off, I spent some time on the Scalescenes depot, adding a few more bits to it, and then using a bit of masking tape to hold it temporarily together to see how it would all look (well to get an idea)..........

post-14906-0-90178300-1408303391_thumb.jpg

I've done a bit more painting inside the ex-Hornby depot (which will become the running service building now), and I've also added some more signage as well. Lots more bits and bobs to do to it now, but it's starting to take shape.........

post-14906-0-49884200-1408303377_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get some paint airbrushed onto the hard standing, then I will weather it after a couple of days with Jaz's water method, just like the other bit.

I purchased one of the large Lcut signal boxes, the same as Hybridangel77 and DT's, but I also got one of their medium boxes as well for the single line at the other end of the depot. All will become clear over the next few days..........

Jinty ;-)

Archived