I know that I said that there wasn't going to be any floor paint in the depot, but after looking around on the internet, I discovered that H&S have been around a lot longer than I thought!!!!! :O
In the 1970's there were stipulations that factory and workshop floors had to have areas that were marked out as 'Safe'. Therefore with this in mind, I've opted for a dark grey for the immediate area around the pits. I will give it a white edging line and it will be blended in when I weather the rest of the hard standing in. :paint: :senile:
I've also started weathering the depot itself, adding some signage (Scalescenes) and some painting inside (detail painting yet to be done!)

Firstly, a view from each end..................

post-14906-0-31486300-1407700816_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-22024300-1407700838_thumb.jpg

Then 47508 gets in on the act and visits for a look over.....

post-14906-0-69146700-1407700853_thumb.jpg

Closely followed by 37427 and 47190............

post-14906-0-34643000-1407700877_thumb.jpg

And at the other end, 47835 and 25052 join the group........

post-14906-0-67624200-1407700892_thumb.jpg

I certainly hope none of the dirt off the filthy 25 drops onto my nice clean floor!!!!!! :O :o

Jinty ;-)

I know that I said that there wasn't going to be any floor paint in the depot, but after looking around on the internet, I discovered that H&S have been around a lot longer than I thought!!!!! :O

In the 1970's there were stipulations that factory and workshop floors had to have areas that were marked out as 'Safe'. Therefore with this in mind, I've opted for a dark grey for the immediate area around the pits. I will give it a white edging line and it will be blended in when I weather the rest of the hard standing in. :paint: :senile:

I've also started weathering the depot itself, adding some signage (Scalescenes) and some painting inside (detail painting yet to be done!)

Firstly, a view from each end..................

attachicon.gifWRX219.jpg

attachicon.gifWRX220.jpg

Then 47508 gets in on the act and visits for a look over.....

attachicon.gifWRX221.jpg

Closely followed by 37427 and 47190............

attachicon.gifWRX222.jpg

And at the other end, 47835 and 25052 join the group........

attachicon.gifWRX223.jpg

I certainly hope none of the dirt off the filthy 25 drops onto my nice clean floor!!!!!! :O :o

Jinty ;-)

and if it does...I hope you plan to get in thee with a scrubbing brush and sort it out..... :angel:

And a couple of phone camera shots, not the best, but just trying to be arty!!!!!! :paint: :sungum:

Duffs having a rest........

post-14906-0-81053600-1407744525_thumb.jpg

And 47710 rushing out of Wrexbury in the gloom of the cutting.......

post-14906-0-11081600-1407744539_thumb.jpg

Like I said, not the clearest!!! :no:

Jinty ;-)

Thanks guys,

I just wish I could get my SLR down that low, I'd get better pictures!!! :senile:

Anyway, eventually, I've received my ESU lokpilots, so I can continue with the workbench thread on the DCC lighting kit on the 37 :scratchhead: :declare:

Jinty ;-) 

Thanks guys,

I just wish I could get my SLR down that low, I'd get better pictures!!! :senile:

Anyway, eventually, I've received my ESU lokpilots, so I can continue with the workbench thread on the DCC lighting kit on the 37 :scratchhead: :declare:

Jinty ;-) 

Sounds interesting,wil look forward to this my mate...

I've now finished the electrical side of the 37 on the workbench, so I thought I'd carry on with the TMD area.

I've made up some more signage, and ballasted one half (the easiest half!!!)...

post-14906-0-94147700-1407958299_thumb.jpg

Added some greenery and a cinder car park.................

post-14906-0-81505800-1407958313_thumb.jpg

A rather solid looking Ratio wooden fence and daubed it with 'look like' creosote......

(Please excuse the foliage spread around, I breathed too hard at the wrong bit!!! I'll pick it up once it's dry!!!)

post-14906-0-30996700-1407958331_thumb.jpg

I'll airbrush the track as soon as it's been cleaned up, just to bring it all in line.

I've also airbrushed my depot crane in Railmatch 'Road Vehicle Yellow'. Now I know that I only gave it a weak covering over the grey primer, to assist in the weathering process, but the colour is miles away from the Karrier underneath!!!!!

post-14906-0-28593300-1407958343_thumb.jpg

I'll set to and paint the details on it, and then weather it up as a reasonably well used crane, hence the weak paint mix.

Another thing has arrived in the form of the Lcut signal box, as seen elsewhere on the forum. I'll probably make a start on that tomorrow.

Jinty ;-)

Edited for Typos!!!

And a couple of phone camera shots, not the best, but just trying to be arty!!!!!! :paint: :sungum:

Duffs having a rest........

attachicon.gifWRX224.jpg

And 47710 rushing out of Wrexbury in the gloom of the cutting.......

attachicon.gifWRX225.jpg

Like I said, not the clearest!!! :no:

Jinty ;-)

I think the soft focus on the second one....lends you brain to fill the detail...making it actually very good.

I think the soft focus .......

Yes it appealed to me, that's why such a poor picture made it in!!!!

Thanks Jaz

Jinty ;-)

I also  like the Knightwing diesel, and the light you added.

Did you spot the little red light on the box though??????

Jinty ;-)

With the concrete stand, rather than paint it an opaque colour, try dirty water first, the translucent layering or two or three coats of nice dirty water lends it self to authenticity, just remember it also needs to dry before you can play trains. (I didn't think about that did it on a Saturday Morning...Kal was unimpressed ALL weekend).

With the concrete stand, rather than paint it an opaque colour, try dirty water first, the translucent layering or two or three coats of nice dirty water lends it self to authenticity, just remember it also needs to dry before you can play trains. (I didn't think about that did it on a Saturday Morning...Kal was unimpressed ALL weekend).

I'll try it, logical really if you think about it..........

ALL WEEKEND, how unreasonable!!!!!!! :jester:

Jinty ;-)

Yes it appealed to me, that's why such a poor picture made it in!!!!

Thanks Jaz

Jinty ;-)

Did you spot the little red light on the box though??????

Jinty ;-)

I rechecked those two pictures and can't, but I think I have a blind spot on red, as in I see some but not others. I see lots of greens to compensate tho. Although it has been said we see far more shades of green than any other colour anyway. I am looking on the Knightwing for the red light on 'box' arnt I?

I'll try it, logical really if you think about it..........

ALL WEEKEND, how unreasonable!!!!!!! :jester:

Jinty ;-)

well the advantage is if

1. you don't like it

2. it does not photograph wall

it was cheap and easily painted over :sungum:

I rechecked those two pictures and can't, but I think I have a blind spot on red, as in I see some but not others. I see lots of greens to compensate tho. Although it has been said we see far more shades of green than any other colour anyway. I am looking on the Knightwing for the red light on 'box' arnt I?

No it doesn't show very well on those pictures.

Here's a picture resurrected from post No 1 !!!!!!! :O :o :O

post-14906-0-47579400-1407962717_thumb.jpg

I added it before assembly, as a 'maybe' caution light!!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

After Jaz's suggestion about the dirty water treatment for the hard standing, it got me thinking, dangerous I know!!!!

I decided to have a play around on some scrap plastikard that I'd primered, with weathering liquids and powders, mixed with water. I also acquired a paint pen, in white, I think I'll be getting one in yellow if I can.

post-14906-0-79263500-1408016669_thumb.jpg

I mixed 2 small jars with the light grey and water, and the mud brown and water, I also supplemented the grey with some soot black weathering powders. liberally painted over the surface, left for 5 mins, then dabbed off with a ever so slightly damp cloth. This is the result (maybe I should of switched some lights on???)...

post-14906-0-74101300-1408016685_thumb.jpg

I also used the 'paint pen' to line the pit surrounds......

post-14906-0-49289700-1408016702_thumb.jpg

A lot more specific detail weathering is needed now, but I think that it gives a good base to start with.

Thanks Jaz, your input is much appreciated.

Jinty ;-)

After Jaz's suggestion about the dirty water treatment for the hard standing, it got me thinking, dangerous I know!!!!

I decided to have a play around on some scrap plastikard that I'd primered, with weathering liquids and powders, mixed with water. I also acquired a paint pen, in white, I think I'll be getting one in yellow if I can.

attachicon.gifWRX230.jpg

I mixed 2 small jars with the light grey and water, and the mud brown and water, I also supplemented the grey with some soot black weathering powders. liberally painted over the surface, left for 5 mins, then dabbed off with a ever so slightly damp cloth. This is the result (maybe I should of switched some lights on???)...

attachicon.gifWRX231.jpg

I also used the 'paint pen' to line the pit surrounds......

attachicon.gifWRX232.jpg

A lot more specific detail weathering is needed now, but I think that it gives a good base to start with.

Thanks Jaz, your input is much appreciated.

Jinty ;-)

..I think he's got it.....

Archived