New Hey - the final pieces in the Jigsaw

Andy C

He can take it to Wakefield this year if he likes, but I know where the operating crew will be on Saturday afternoon!!!!

Kevin

Worryingly (as you can get "volunteered" for things if you are not in attendance) I will not be at the GLP at Wakefield on the Saturday this year as the band have a day long job on being guinea pigs for new conductors.

An interesting day beckons tomorrow when Chris Nevard comes North to photograph New Hey. At 24 by 12 dimensionally the layout lives in the garage in between shows, so we are just going to put up the scenic sections in the open plan lounge. There should be room to get round but the stock will be manhandled onto the layout. Im really looking forward to it, and even moreso looking forward to the results. All I need to do now is write some words for Model Rail!!

Ouch!

Yes the memories are still very painful to this day. In all seriousness the layout was literally within a few minutes of going straight into a skip on the council dump on the way back from Chasewater. I've Vulcan to gratefully thank for preventing me from doing that and talking me round. They say a little humiliation is good for the soul but that was the most horrendous day of my modelling life.

• RMweb Gold

Andy - you are already mentioned on a certain website (yes, him) for the "widdling man" scene - better warn Chris that the world will end and the solicitors will be mobilised if he gets this in his shot :nono: :jester:

Looking forward to seeing Chris's photos of an excellent layout.

Andy - you are already mentioned on a certain website (yes, him) for the "widdling man" scene - better warn Chris that the world will end and the solicitors will be mobilised if he gets this in his shot :nono: :jester:

Looking forward to seeing Chris's photos of an excellent layout.

I still cant believe all the histrionics from that party, I understand the sermon about me is still on there. Other sources on RM Web tell me he's now on some sort of conspiracy theory about me but there you go. Still there's nowt so queer as folk as they say round here.

Well that was hard work but a great day with Chris Nevard. I am really looking forward to seeing the results, my thanks to Vulcan for taking what turned out to be the day to assist, and to Chris for all the creative work.

post-6679-0-37834900-1353104591.jpg

Great shots of Chris at work, Martyn Barnwell came and did 3 of mine up at our Club Room last December (2011) and it was damd cold, the same woolley hats and thermals on, you could almost simulate steam from our breathing, haha

Was it cold outside ? How did the band day go ,was it your band looking for a new conductor?

It wasn't too bad outside LMS, originally Id intended to put up the layout in our lounge / study but whilst the length was no problem it was the width of the boards and the narrow archway between the rooms which really bu&&ered the job up. As it was a very nice day early on we quickly set up outside but just as we set up and started, there was some wet in the air but no show stopper - by half three though the threat became serious and we moved the end board into the kitchen / dining room (on the table to prevent our two lovely border collies having a go at it!!) the rest was completed in the garage as the latter shot shows. A couple more from the day:

post-6679-0-84615200-1353182651_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-08431300-1353182934.jpg

And I still have the DCC scars on my wrists, don't get me going about that crock of merde again ;-)

Anyroad up, and totally off topic, fresh back from a trip to Londinium with work, to really wind up the merchants who were batting for First and renationalisation in the recent ITT debacle, I had yet another perfect journey down with Virgin down the WCML. Being in Rochdale I also have the option of coming back from Leeds, its often more convenient as well as often cheaper. So I came back via East Coast. For all those who advocated a similar deal happening on the WCML as to what happened when first bailed out of the ECML, forget it East Coast are awful. If that's what renationalisation means then you can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Anyway back OT, just seen some more of Chris Nevards photos, superb.

• RMweb Gold
More likely Stockport -Denton- Ashton Moss(or Droylesden -not sure when it closed)- Miles Platting -Newton Heath -Castleton South Junction- Bury

The Blue Pullman did go via Newton Heath and Castleton South to get to Bury, I was talking to a former BR Signalman who was on duty that day and think may even have a shot of it.

Peter

Archived