Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dapol silver bullets

(The) Youth

I am not happy with them for two reasons

1/ i want a nice shinny rake of about 10.

2/ now i want a dirty rake as well!!

I think i will have to settle for less perhaps 4 or so of the weathered ones, but to me they look superb. I may change my mind when i have them in the flesh, but looking at the photos these look to like the best rtr EWS period rolling stock i have seen!

Well Done Dapol.

• RMweb Gold

Really impressed, When I saw the pre production model I thought there wasnt a chance of that standard making it to production. but now it looks like they managed it. Will be making an order for one of each of the weathered ones and one clean one this afternoon!

Couple of questions, I seem to remember someone saying that the numbers Kernow had chosen were for a different diagram of bullet, has this now been corrected?

secondly, the pre production samples shown on the Dapol site appear to be missing the large data boards on the sides, I assume that this will be fitted before they go into production?

secondly, the pre production samples shown on the Dapol site appear to be missing the large data boards on the sides, I assume that this will be fitted before they go into production?

Not sure which press release its in (weathered ones are shown in two) but it did say the boards were having more work done on them.

• RMweb Gold

Given my earlier reservations about the factory managing a good copy of the prototype hand painted build they really do seem to have excelled themselves there. Its a really superb finish.

They were but the shadows and reflections don't scale very well and I personally think it still needs toning down a little. People can do this at home though with a little bit of a wash and a light mist. Its not really a model I need but I have bought some modern bits that have a certain unique quality and this may be one of them!

I agree... my time frame is 1990 so I want em' clean but I'd like em' 4mm to 1' clean :D

Guest jim s-w

I am not happy with them for two reasons

1/ i want a nice shinny rake of about 10.

2/ now i want a dirty rake as well!!

I think i will have to settle for less perhaps 4 or so of the weathered ones, but to me they look superb. I may change my mind when i have them in the flesh, but looking at the photos these look to like the best rtr EWS period rolling stock i have seen!

Well Done Dapol.

Hi Simon

They were kept spotless in the early days. By the EWS period you wouldn't see shiny ones.

Cheers

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon

They were kept spotless in the early days. By the EWS period you wouldn't see shiny ones.

Cheers

Jim

As ever there are exceptions though, I have seen a photo of a rake in either 97 or 98 which had a single clean wagon in the consist, rather annoyingly I cant find it now though!

Not sure which press release its in (weathered ones are shown in two) but it did say the boards were having more work done on them.

Ah good' date=' thats one question answered! [s']Just hope that they get the numbers right as well. Will not be impressed to buy weathered wagons and then find out the numbers are wrong for the prototype![/s] - Edit: They are correct :)

• RMweb Gold

Still haven't managed to find the photo I have been looking for,

but I did get sent a link to this http://philgrain-railway.fotopic.net/p2199933.html 2001 photo earlier, on which the 3rd and 4th bullet appear to be relatively clean still.

So certainly they dont all have to be filthy, for now I've settled on just ordering the 4 weathered ones (I suspect that once the model is released it will be possible to find a better price on the clean ones!) Hopefully its a success and they follow it up with another batch of weathered wagons with different numbers so I can add the last 2 to my rake!

Very impressive work. When I first read about the weathered ones I thought that it might just be a splattering of brown on the underframe and even when the Mercig pre-production one appeared I was doubtful that Dapol would be able to pull off the effect on a mass scale.

I think this has really uped the bar for factory weathering - hopefully bringing the end of brown splatter and the start of closely observed weathering.

Pix

I think this has really uped the bar for factory weathering - hopefully bringing the end of brown splatter and the start of closely observed weathering.

Pix

I noted a weathered Dapol N gauge 66 which looked pretty neat for a factory-finish on eHattons the other day, so was quite hopeful. These tanks really do look the part.

Might get a few - the Irvine-Burngullow flow made a nice break from endless MGRs on the GSW mainline.

They really look the business and will certainly appear on my layout.

Given the weathering has been applied onto chrome, I wonder if it may be possible to remove patches of weathering around the logo etc to look like the ones that had a partial clean to reveal data panels etc, but the rest of the wagon was still filthy. I am sure I saw some where one panel was cleaned for some reason but the rest of tank remained lagged. Looking forward to getting one and having a play.

Guest jim s-w

Pix

Indeed - assuming, of course, the factory actually produce them to match the sample! At least they have something to go off.

Cheers

Jim

Guest jim s-w

Oh Right

In that case - excellent! I really want to support Dapols new stuff but nothing they make is any use to me. Any chance of a decent Mk2f Dave? Id spend thousands on them!

Cheers

Jim

Oh Right

In that case - excellent! I really want to support Dapols new stuff but nothing they make is any use to me. Any chance of a decent Mk2f Dave? Id spend thousands on them!

Cheers

Jim

I wouldnt want to be seen as ungrateful, Dapol are indeed brining out some fantastic products, however, I would also like to jump on the bandwagon here and join the call for Mk2 coaching stock please, of the air-conditioned variety if you would be so kind ?

I too would need plenty.........

Thanks,

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Very nice and a couple of dirty ones have been duly ordered from Kernow. Now will they arrive to give me sufficient time to rewheel and fit AJ's before Wheal Elizabeth's next outing in 2 weeks time?

:( Im derding the release date for these products ive got 13 on order!!!! it hurts the wallet.... allot! but least the layout will look hellfire with a pair of redstripe 37/6' and 0's or a pair of 37/4's in mainline flying past with them

• RMweb Gold

as far as im aware its after christmas and i havnt seen any yet :lol: where are they? are they delayed or something?

also when's the kernow 37521 due?

To be fair we have been kept very well informed - both on the forums and from the 'horses mouth' as were (the Kernow website)-

Paience is virtue and good things come to those that wait :icon_wave:

• RMweb Gold

To be fair we have been kept very well informed - both on the forums and from the 'horses mouth' as were (the Kernow website)-

Much better that they keep delaying it and retool bits that are wrong to make them right(like the changes with the data board that are presumably holding it up now,) than rush and release the model wrong.

I would normally agree except in the case of the Bachmann class 150 in Arriva livery i have been waiting since early 2008 for it and its still not here in jan 2010 :angry: Bachmann have no excuses now, they have the moulding for the 150/2 hence the regional railways version and they can do the Arriva livery as carried on their 158's.... what's the problem??? :icon_e_confused:

i hate it when Companies advertise models when they havn't even entered production meaning we have to wait years for them :icon_frustrated: im sure i am not only one that has been annoyed by this