Dapol silver bullets

(The) Youth

Hi everyone,

Just to confirm that the Silver Bullets in OO gauge (clean) will be released to traders attending the Alexander Palace Model Railway show this weekend.smile.gif

I am taking these down to the show personally for them to collect from us at our stand.

All orders will be dispatched today and monday to stockists not attending the show.

Dapol have now officially sold out of our production run and there will not be any more clean or even dirty ones with these running numbers.biggrin.gif

The Silver Bullets represent a 'step change' for us in quality, whcih started off with the FEA-B, and as such all wagons that meet this standard of extra detail and quality will now be branded 'Gold Standard' and be readily identifiable by this badging on the boxes.

I hope you all enjoy them as much as i did getting them manufactured.

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the info Dave.

there will not be any more clean or even dirty ones with these running numbers

The Devil, they say, is in the detail. Or in this case in my italics. Nothing there to say or even hint that there won't be future issues with different numbers ;)

The Silver Bullets represent a 'step change' for us in quality, whcih started off with the FEA-B, and as such all wagons that meet this standard of extra detail and quality will now be branded 'Gold Standard' and be readily identifiable by this badging on the boxes.

I hope you all enjoy them as much as i did getting them manufactured.

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

Shouldn't that be the Chrome Standard? :D

Astonishing - these were on sale at Ally Pally today and nobody has commented on them. Wasn't going to get the shiny ones but WOW !!!! :icon_drool: :icon_drool: :icon_drool: :icon_drool:

Just superb !

and the KTA's on show today - EVEN better !!

Well done Dapol

Howdo all can someone tell me are the bullets in the shops now?

They should be in the shops from next week as they were being sent out yesterday and Monday. A batch was taken to Ally Pally for the retailers there. In case it's of interest to you, Hatton's are putting their pre-order price up from £22 to £24 on Monday.

At Ally Pally today they were on sale for £23.75 (The Signalbox), £27.95 (Hereford Models) and £30 (can't remember).

Hi guys,

i have just checkled the delivery reports for Interlink, who deliver all our stock to model shops, and apart from 3 shops that should get their delivery later today, all the silver bullet wagons for OO have been delivered.biggrin.gif

Hope this helps some of you,.

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

Hi guys,

i have just checkled the delivery reports for Interlink, who deliver all our stock to model shops, and apart from 3 shops that should get their delivery later today, all the silver bullet wagons for OO have been delivered.biggrin.gif

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

Its of no help to my bank balance!

Shall be picking mine up Tuesday.

When are the weathered ones going out to Kenrow?

Got mine yesterday and am now contemplating weathering them. Before I saw the weathered samples that Kernow will be selling, I was fairly confident that I could do a better weathering job than the average, off the shelf version. Having got them in front of me and experimented a little with the grotty brush, it's going to need some careful thought. The usual approach of putting paint on and wiping off doesn't work with the "chrome". It just all comes straight off!

I've given one an all over coat of general grime which looks okay but it's really hard to get a consistent finish with a brush. I think I'm going to have to let this paint harden well before adding any more to it. It's going to be a long job doing these.

Has anybody else started on theirs yet !!!

Hi guys,

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

Dave, are you planning to do an N gauge version in the stunning weathered finish?

Simon

Dave, are you planning to do an N gauge version in the stunning weathered finish?

Simon

Simon;

There was a hand-finished weathered bullet on the Dapol stand at Ally Pally.

It is scheduled for general release in the second half of this year.

Very fine it looked too....

Later;

STU from EGDL

http://stusphotos.fotopic.net

• RMweb Premium

They're in the shops and by accounts are flying out of the doors. I suggest those without a pre-order might wish to get in quick. Received notice yesterday that mine are already on the way from Kernow; 4 pristine and 2 weathered.

Simon;

There was a hand-finished weathered bullet on the Dapol stand at Ally Pally.

It is scheduled for general release in the second half of this year.

Very fine it looked too....

Later;

STU from EGDL

http://stusphotos.fotopic.net

As with other people, I am partly - WAHAY!!! and partly ooer this is goi9ng to get expensive!!!

Mostly WAHAY though!!!

Thanks for the info

Simon

They're in the shops and by accounts are flying out of the doors. I suggest those without a pre-order might wish to get in quick. Received notice yesterday that mine are already on the way from Kernow; 4 pristine and 2 weathered.

Does anybody know of any retailer still with these in stock? A search of the internet has failed to find any. Unfortunatley, much to my annoyance, the retailer I pre-ordered mine from has sold out and cannot fulfill my order for these first releases.

Thanks.

Does anybody know of any retailer still with these in stock? A search of the internet has failed to find any. Unfortunatley, much to my annoyance, the retailer I pre-ordered mine from has sold out and cannot fulfill my order for these first releases.

Thanks.

http://www.railway-models.co.uk/1238_1.html

All four suffixes in stock at £27.95. One of them isn't available from the mail order site so you may have to phone one of the shops that has all four to avoid paying two lots of postage (order with Antics over £40 are post free though).

Thanks.

Hi William,

I know this is technically against the thread rules but this is a answer to a plea for help rather than selling an item ;)

I have 4 (one of each prefix) en-route from a well known Liverpool retailer that I would happly pass onto you at no extra cost (£ 22 each & £4 total postage). If you want them please contact me via PM or post here with contact details and we'll sort it out.

Regards,

Southernman46

Just noticed that a certain Liverpool based retailer has 4 limited edition versions of the pristine silver bullet for pre-order at £27 each. B850e-B850h limited edition of 250 each. Shame they aren't weathered ones...

• Like 1

Just noticed that a certain Liverpool based retailer has 4 limited edition versions of the pristine silver bullet for pre-order at £27 each. B850e-B850h limited edition of 250 each. Shame they aren't weathered ones...

A smart move for those of us who've only bought a few and wish we'd bought more, even at £27. My rake of four arrived in today's post. Apart from the ladders and the walkway on the roof (I'd have happily paid more if these were etched) they were well worth the wait B)