The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Coronation Street Model Railway

gismorail

Roy is currently sat on his living room floor, trying to remember the name of all seven EM2s. He's got six...

EDIT - and we finally get a very brief look at the layout! OK, it's definitely Woodhead, there is a black EM2 and it looks to be 7mm.

Can't help thinking the storyline is not going to show 'us' in a positive way. Previous glimpses of his model railway

seem to be an oval straight out of the box set out on the table.

Oh dear. I fear you might be right.

From the glimpses that they have just shown, Woodhead tunnel appears to be a 2ft long home made lump of Mod-roc.

Can't wait for the BBC to respond by bringing model railways into EastEnders...........

I make a point of avoiding the programme but could be tempted if the hobby were to become involved, but on EastEnders any layout would probably meet a depressingly violent end!

Already done!

I am usually on the lap top when the missus is watching all this guff but I am 99 per cent sure that Eastenders hard case Phil Mitchell said  'he was building a train set for the boy' and he was shown holding parts from a trainset in an episode before Christmas.

• RMweb Premium

Already done!

I am usually on the lap top when the missus is watching all this guff but I am 99 per cent sure that Eastenders hard case Phil Mitchell said  'he was building a train set for the boy' and he was shown holding parts from a trainset in an episode before Christmas.

Oh well, at least it proves I don't watch EastEnders - like you, I'm normally on the laptop or modelling while it's on, but unfortunately I still get to hear some of the dialogue (if you can call it that).

• RMweb Premium

So the bloke who's spent the last ?? years running a cafe, spending time with his partner and taking in various waifs and strays and helping them along life's path, has suddenly got to be an expert terrain modeller?  I'm surprised he's gone for 0 gauge but perhaps there's an 0 gauge modeller behind it all on the production side. And no, I don't watch it, but I used to. Weaned myself off, but a few months later got together with a serious corrie addict. Been clean for 4 years now!

Pete

Roy is currently sat on his living room floor, trying to remember the name of all seven EM2s. He's got six...

EDIT - and we finally get a very brief look at the layout! OK, it's definitely Woodhead, there is a black EM2 and it looks to be 7mm.

I told the mrs it was Minerva, before Roy said it. She smiled cos she knew I was right!!!

I'm so awesome!!

cheers

Shane

• RMweb Gold

I'm wondering which of the monthly mags Roy get's and whether he's a member on here. :jester: Nice to see he turned/unplugged his phone off whilst working on his layout. ;)

Yes its all out in the open now the flat has been trashed by a model railway project ( right hands up who's railway room is like that :sungum: ) At least the researchers have got the class of loco right and did I see some cat and henry in one shot ...... Dapol you had anything to do with this........ and it looks as though Haley's coming back as an EM2....... strange that she did go to Holland for a while a few years back.....

Am a bit concerned the way Roy got her ashes out in the final scene ........... surely he's not going to use them as ballast :jester:

I told the mrs it was Minerva, before Roy said it. She smiled cos she knew I was right!!!

I'm so awesome!!

cheers

Shane

Same here!

Watching it on Sky+,

Me "Minerva - That's it!"

Before my wife had time to say anything

Roy (2 seconds later) "Minerva - that's the one"

Uncanny - or what ?

So the bloke who's spent the last ?? years running a cafe, spending time with his partner and taking in various waifs and strays and helping them along life's path, has suddenly got to be an expert terrain modeller?  I'm surprised he's gone for 0 gauge but perhaps there's an 0 gauge modeller behind it all on the production side. And no, I don't watch it, but I used to. Weaned myself off, but a few months later got together with a serious corrie addict. Been clean for 4 years now!

Pete

Well he had better be an expert terrain modeller, because he indicated that his next project was to construct the reservoirs alongside the line. :O

Maybe a more logical priority would be to put up some catenary?

Well he had better be an expert terrain modeller, because he indicated that his next project was to construct the reservoirs alongside the line. :O

Maybe a more logical priority would be to put up some catenary?

Oh dear I can seen a very large flood hitting the café below.........

Coronation Street has never been screened on S.A.T.V so is a complete mystery to me. I just looked up this forum to "see" the model railway, but of course cannot. "Spoilers" on BING Videos do not help, but let me know if there ever is a picture on the Web.

Just watched it,sort of .He was rabbiting on about a figure of Haley .i have a dose of the dreaded lurghi so was reading my KIndle on the couch .I usually beat it up stairs and do a bit of sculpting while the soaps are on ,wife and dogs glued to TV .I know nothing of a Woodmouse route so leave it to others to speculate .i usually come down when Hitler hour is on .

Archived