Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

So once I get back from Guernsey on Thursday evening there should be a parcel from Merseyside waiting for me. :good:

Nowt here yet. Oh well, tomorrow night it is then! ;)

Hi all

Youtube seems to be quicker tonight so hopefully you can see the little video I took tonight of the first train on Tidworth, two months after the wood was purchased.

http://youtu.be/DaxX5PueK6Y

Yes, nice Video Ian, just right, looks nice, some good track laying as well. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• RMweb Premium

some good track laying as well. 

Cheers Andy, tonight has been spent track re-laying, to accommodate a catch point at the head of the yard after advice from someone 'in the know'!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

I've made good progress across this weekend and I have just finished the wiring of all the point motors as well as programming and confirming the function of them all. Just need to cut off the activation pins on the trackside of the baseboards and we're good to go 'testing' again  ;). I'm off to the loft to find the Prodigy manual so I can program the routes and then maybe get some pics for the album.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Some nice smooth running in the video. Not sure I can justify a Dutch 33 but they are nice locos.

Good to see you have the domestics doing the ironing while you play trains!

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Evening fellas

The Prodigy manual was found and within 20mins I had programmed all 11 routes as necessary and it all works like a dream!

28_EndPMwiring_050514.jpg.59e5139cf4148dce01f973d6b3f686b4.jpg

The end baseboard which was completed yesterday, here you can see the DCC Concepts ADS2 that controls the points in two pairs as crossovers.

27-CentrePMwiring_050514.jpg.603f56ed4ca5eb0e69bf9f3b250bd120.jpg

Completed today was the central baseboard which houses most of the yard throat.

29_ADS8_050514.jpg.ea845ae04e8a7fb6d3425be6ccd72ce9.jpg

This board has an ADS8 mounted on it.

I can't speak highly enough of these two devices from DCC Concepts, as someone who hasn't used DCC point control before, they are simplicity itself to firstly wire and then programme. I have one or two bits to tidy up with the wiring now, mainly the connectors to the traverser, but this should all be complete this week. The plan then is to have the 'Tidworth on the road crew' * over to have an intensive operating session to see if is good to play with and find and fix any bugs that maybe haven't showed up yet before setting out on the scenic road.

* Formally known as the 'Leaford on the road crew'. ;)  

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 9

Just been catching up on the thread Ian,

Sorry I have missed it up until now. You have come a long way in such a short time and it looks great, the wiring is very tidy too which is something I wish was more tidy on Llanbourne.

Looking forwards to seeing this develop. 

Nice to see the Crompton on the slurry tank, the Quidhampton feeder service was normally a class 47 but went over to class 56s later on. 37s and 33s did work the train. 

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-32969100-1399554977_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Pete

Look forward to seeing you next week, safe trip over and enjoy the 50s at Swanage on Sunday. :yes:

I'll recreate the train above at Tidworth for you as I have 33030 in the roster.

• Like 1

Cheers Pete

Look forward to seeing you next week, safe trip over and enjoy the 50s at Swanage on Sunday. :yes:

I'll recreate the train above at Tidworth for you as I have 33030 in the roster.

I might get a class 50 in but want that 33/2 and the 24 and 55.

Be nice to see your 33030 on the new layout, 030 was one of the last 33/0s in BR blue.

Here are a couple more to whet the appetite a class 73 heading for Marchwood and tha class 56 on the Quidhampton service which by this time went to Didcot and not Eastleigh. You would know the location for the class 37.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-17029100-1399600577.jpg

post-7022-0-22803600-1399600592_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-74212300-1399600603.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon gents

Had a good day yesterday at the Swanage gala with fellow RMwebbers and this afternoon I've finished off a bit of outstanding wiring before attempting to mock up my mind's vision for the layout. Thought I'd take a few pics for inspection, so here goes!

30_Mockup1_100514.jpg.76854fc63251f3e9215d54d9a570bf7a.jpg

Country end of the layout showing the 'SWIFT' warehouse with a Cargowagon at the covered platform for unloading. Behind you can see low relief China Clay slurry silos and the washing shed with a tank positioned for washing.

31_Mockup2_100514.jpg.ed0bf7daf48ebb2912bf34a877550ee5.jpg

Wider angle with a Class 47 hauled MOD train waiting to run round and head for the sidings at Ludgershall.

32_Mockup3_100514.jpg.55b1a0e2d45ccf936d1339e68a2ebfb1.jpg

Pulling further back a 117 DMU has arrived from Reading and stands at the platform, while an 08 positions another tank at the loading point.

33_Mockup4_100514.jpg.417d3b7cae9f5ed67d6aaf9b9feaa999.jpg

Looking back towards Ludgershall, along the back will be a steep sided Chalk face embankment topped with trees up to the bridge.

34_Mockup5_100514.jpg.3f98db15f741dc63c6eb2485e7853c14.jpg

The 47 has run round and waits for the DMU to clear the path while the china clay tanks are now loaded and positioned by the 08 for the 33 to trip them back to Andover yard and combine them with Quidhampton tanks left there earlier.

35_Mockup6_100514.jpg.ec121895fc0aa5143d61b599ae724ca0.jpg

33030 awaits a road. This ones for you Pete!

36_Mockup_100514.jpg.39960cc0f38a4a94af38b209c132134f.jpg

47187 now leaves the yard and Temeraire can be seen on the small fuel facilities.

I hope that gives you an idea of where I will be heading once the scenic treatment starts, it has also shown me that the mind ain't all bad! Although I might lose one of the silos and the washing shed won't be quite as high, but the rest seems reasonable to me, but let me known what you all think.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

That is going to be a lovely layout with lots of operational interest.

Thanks Alex

I sincerely hope so or it'll never get to leave the house! Maybe you'll get to play at a show sometime. ;)  Unless you're down this way anytime?

Some great pics Ian,

The card building really do give an idea of how things will look. thanks for the pic 33030.

Just got back from Swanage had the class 50 a few times, what a beast it really thrashed out of Corfe this afternoon.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M

Hi Ian, I just cant believe what you've done with that track plan mate, it looks phenomenal, the mock ups work so well and still room to move about the yard and sidings etc.

Fantastic mate, well done again. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Hi Ian, that would be great! I would love to drive one of your Cromptons or Hoovers!

Unfortunately I very rarely venture out too far with the boys playing football and cricket. Not too many spare weekends!

Hopefully at some point I will get to see Tidworth when exhibited.