Temeraire

Hi Ian

Glad you had a good day yesterday no problems I hope layout looking great have you got any shows lined up yet? I'am going to have to pull my finger out your layouts more advanced than mine off next week before starting my new job so I will see what I can do.

All the best

Steve

Ps know wonder we had a thunder storm with Scott showing his legs ha.ha

Edited by spenc

• RMweb Premium

Hi Steve

No definite invites anywhere yet but under consideration for one show, but have't really put myself out there yet, thought I'd get a bit more finished before I commit to someone, what about yourself?

• Like 1

Hi Ian, looks and sounds like you boys had a very enjoyable day playing and chatting! 

Nice to see Tidworth being put through its paces, I am looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. 

Like the photos, nice bit of LL Hoover action. I see Peter was supervising! 

Apart from the actual photos, all credit goes to Ian, his locos really are nicely done and run well. :locomotive:The layout is going to be a cracker when its done. Exhibition managers get booking!  

By the way, funnily enough the 57 isnt one of Ian's normal roster.. Provided courtesy of Nigel aka Melangoose. Arnie and PaulRHB also provided some traction.. I'm sure more photos will follow.

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 1

Apart from the actual photos, all credit goes to Ian, his locos really are nicely done and run well. :locomotive:The layout is going to be a cracker when its done. Exhibition managers get booking!  

By the way, funnily enough the 57 isnt one of Ian's normal roster.. Provided courtesy of Nigel aka Melangoose. Arnie and PaulRHB also provided some traction.. I'm sure more photos will follow.

Hi Scott - Sorry,  what I meant was :senile: - Great pics by yourself of a very nice layout and stock - All credit to Ian of course for producing this super layout.

Cheers, Bob.

Nice pics Scott,

Did anyone take a pic of Arnie's Peak and class 26, they looked great.

No word from Ian regarding a train someone made up in the Exford fiddleyard. ;0)

Cheers Peter.

Hi

Sorry for the delay in posting, busy with work and clearing the loft.

Thanks to Ian for the Hospitality and the bacon rolls. was good to meet Pete and Arnie.

Plus nice to catch up with the usual crowd (or should it be the usual suspects).

Some pics of a developing Tidworth

post-8832-0-99366700-1400795975_thumb.jpg

post-8832-0-72659400-1400796000.jpg

post-8832-0-30230500-1400796018_thumb.jpg

post-8832-0-53531500-1400796046_thumb.jpg

I think Ian (Temeraire) should be congratulated at the pace that's being achieved (I would still be contemplating about track plans from the arm chair).

This will be a stunning layout when completed.

Nigel

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

No word from Ian regarding a train someone made up in the Exford fiddleyard. ;0)

Cheers Peter.

I take it you mean the HSBT? (High speed ballast train), yes it was noted! :O

• Like 1

Hi Alex it was your favourite too, Vicky!

Hi Ian, bloody typical. And you know that if I had been there it would have been a 47! That sort of happening takes me back to my spotting and bashing days!

Arnie's 26 looks rather nice visiting Tidworth!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening fellas

Well today we hit 3 months since launch day so thought I'd post what I've been working on recently. Since last Monday's playday where Tidworth was given a shakedown by some of RMweb's finest, I have first painted and now fitted the platform edging in position, painted and fitted dummy point motors in place and built,painted and fitted some buffer stops to 5 roads. 

44_Stops_270514.jpg.fec8259d6a607a305adbb9ba82336aab.jpg

For the two engine roads I have fashioned two 'concrete blocks' from foamboard and cardboard and they are seen here placed after priming. These will be painted a concrete(ish) colour and have a rubbing beam added to the front.

45_Dock_270514.jpg.6f162ef82997a8c22d22d5451fa0ef92.jpg

I also decided that the short siding would have an end loading dock left over from the military railway days which I knocked up using leftover Peco platform edging all clad with cardboard to get the 'concrete' treatment too. Seen here in its primed state, with my homemade cardboard concrete troughing drying behind ready for fitting during this week.

46_Phil_270514.jpg.d02ff3b92e15af6fe0f363ba64319a9d.jpg

Finally the switch to be known as "Phil" has been attached behind a hole in the backscene so that it doesn't protrude behind. This side will be lost inside the embankment and roadbridge later. You can also see one of the 'bufferstop 5'

Once all these bits and pieces are fitted in place I can move on to the ballasting around them all. Sorry about the quality of the photos I left it a bit late to take them in the conservatory really, but I wanted to mark this landmark day. Onwards to the 100 days mark (June 6th)! Off now to finish my shopping list for DEMU this weekend.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 11

Some good progress Ian,

I haven't been out to my garage yet I am still suffering from jet lag. 

If your going to be ballasting soon you could use you HSBT  from Exford. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Pete

Hope you had a good trip home, sorry I missed you on Saturday at the Ex but we had a major tent/rain malfunction which led to the tent getting dumped and us getting home by 8am Saturday morning! It was good to see you again though and I hope you enjoyed the day here. See you in a couple of years?! ;)

Hi Pete

Hope you had a good trip home, sorry I missed you on Saturday at the Ex but we had a major tent/rain malfunction which led to the tent getting dumped and us getting home by 8am Saturday morning! It was good to see you again though and I hope you enjoyed the day here. See you in a couple of years?! ;)

Hi Ian, 

Sorry to hear the camping didn't go to plan, it did come down a bit on the Friday and Saturday morning. My brother and I went to Bristol on the Friday and it rained all the way. Coming back slightly hungover Saturday Morning it only started to clear up the other side of Salisbury.

The exhibition was pretty good and I am sure once Tidworth is ready for a show we can sort an invite. The best layout was Ivergeachy a 7mm  monster with sound and smoke in some of the loco's. I had an hour or so operating Mossbank which was fun.

It was a good day at yours and I hope you managed to have a play after we had all gone.I think Tidworth will be a winner on the exhibition circuit. It was good to catch up with the gang and I do plan to be back over in a few years so I will see you then.

All the best Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Pete

I'll let you know when I get close to being exhibitable for an invite, but a show invite will put paid to the camping that weekend!

I've just got back from DEMU with a pack of the point rodding and a couple of bags of ballast so tonight I have things to occupy me whilst listening to the boxing.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

I'm away with work for most of this week so thought I'd get an update in tonight. I spent most of this afternoon turning the air blue with some 'industrial' language whilst attempting to fit the point rodding that I purchased yesterday, I won't be doing this again anytime soon! The 'concrete' buffer stops and the end dock also have had a wooden beam added, fashioned from Costa stirrers. I took the photos earlier before dark but since then the wooden bits have had a coat of Sleeper grime paint and all the other stops have had some white paint added.

47_Cabling_010614.jpg.5abf0676e3ccb5edb25e831338224384.jpg

Station entrance end with cable troughing and cabling visible in the orange tubes. Hut on the right is all the way from Oz, courtesy of PCM of this parish.

48_Troughing_010614.jpg.19d777efe9aeee7e084a9411aaf35299.jpg

View the other way of the troughing alongside the run-round for the platform.

49_Rodding_010614.jpg.49cd678f76c028a529bbcdd534cfb210.jpg

The !**%$£ point rodding finally glued in place. I'm sure its not totally authentic but it gives the impression.

51_GFloc_010614.jpg.6d73da8d89bc0fbd1c120d97e3b59804.jpg

View the other way of the point rodding and the site (on top of the coffee stirrers!) of the Ground Frame to operate the crossover. A signalman has been consulted on these issues! ;)

50_StopsLandy_010614.jpg.1b75a1be448f8a28ccc7e1ee1bfdaab9.jpg

Lastly the concrete blocks with coffee stirrer beams. Plus the other purchase yesterday the ECC Landy.

Everyone I spoke to yesterday seems to be of the opinion I'm moving fast with progress, well this week will slow me down and next Saturday is the 100 day mark. As you can see above I also bought a couple of bags of ballast so that is now next on the list after the last week's work on all the ground level bits is complete.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 10