OO gauge J94 Austerity Tank locomotive

DJM Dave

The NCB J94's arrive in the UK on the 28th August (Sunday) apparently.

They will take about 5-7 days to get de-vanned and go to the distributor.

I'll be co tacting each one of you that has ordered to get and process your credit card details.

Each one will be shipped within 24/48 hours of payment.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Dave

Fantastic news Dave!

Absolutely delighted to hear that the austerity/J94 is arriving in the UK - I'm sure nobody will be disappointed and I wish you luck for the next lot of projects!

I'll be co tacting each one of you that has ordered to get and process your credit card details.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Dave

What about the model of Wilbert, any idea about that?

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Dave

Is the distributor a model shop? (For NCB 65)

Hello,

I have received the first 4 of my J94s as of September 01.  They are absolutely everything Dave said they would be GREAT!!! The paint detail is superb, with the lining.  Where do I find the instructions for dismantling the model to add cab details, lubricate etc.  Additionally there were no certificates with limited edition numbers in the boxes???

Trainman119 

Hello,

I have received the first 4 of my J94s as of September 01.  They are absolutely everything Dave said they would be GREAT!!! The paint detail is superb, with the lining.  Where do I find the instructions for dismantling the model to add cab details, lubricate etc.  Additionally there were no certificates with limited edition numbers in the boxes???

Trainman119

Hi,

All the Hattons J94's are limited to 200 models, and do not come with certificates. You simply have 1 of 200 that DJModels will not run in that name and livery combo again

There should be instructions in the bottom of the box under the foam instead in each model.

HTH

Cheers

Dave

We've heard updates on the imminent availability of many of the commissioned J94s (Hattons 4 released and expecting more versions this weekend- Kernow advising theirs is imminant0, however what is the position regarding the production and shipping of the DJ own range models in LNER and BR liveries?

Model 001 will be with the distributors on Monday and start filtering out to stockists who ordered almost immediately.

The remaining 4 models, are about 3 weeks away having missed the boat this time due to getting a couple of details correct.

Cheers

Dave

Model 001 will be with the distributors on Monday and start filtering out to stockists who ordered almost immediately.

The remaining 4 models, are about 3 weeks away having missed the boat this time due to getting a couple of details correct.

Cheers

Dave

Hopefully the Wilbert one will be arriving soon, I'm really anticipating it.

Dave,

There is no exploded view of the locomotive or instructions for removing the cab without damaging anything to install cab details.  How can the distributor come up with either of these items??? Seems to me that falls to you Dave.

Trainman119

Hi,

Sorry I don't understand, have I intimated that it is the distributors responsibility to have this information?

I did intimate that there should be instructions for what you require under the foam in each models box.

If this is not the case, then I'll put that right, but for now I'm slightly confused.

Cheers

Dave

Dave, any idea how much longer the wait for Wilbert is gonna be? I really do want to get that one paid off soon.

Hi mate,

Wilbert gets delivered later this coming week.

Not sure how long it will take to ship and process them though, but rest assured they are in country.

Cheers

Dave

Dave, any idea how much longer the wait for Wilbert is gonna be? I really do want to get that one paid off soon.

Have you contacted or received an email from Owen?

He would be best placed to advise or update you on anticipated arrival based on the very helpful communication I have had from him.

Regards Glenn

Whos DCC sound project are you going to fit in it?  I'm interested to know the viewpoint before getting the chips in.

Hi,

The sound project isn't one I've commissioned or anything.

In fact I gave a model to DC Kits and Leggomanbiffo to fit, about a year ago, which they apparently did successfully.

However I never heard or saw video of the project so I cannot comment.

Knowing those guys as I do, I would think the project files they used were, if you will excuse the pun,........sound!

Cheers

Dave

I agree the Digitrains Zimo J94 sound is very good, having heard and controlled 7mm scale loco so fitted. Controllability is as important as the actual sound as far as I am concerned and Digitrains are particularly good in this department. Locoman sounds are very good too, particularly on the gallop, but I cannot make their decoders do what Digitrains decoders will do no matter how much I alter the various CV's. One day I will have to take another look at a Loksound decoder having been disappointed with my initial experience. I have to say these DJM Austerity 0-6-0's are very tempting too!

Hi Dave,

As I stated the instructions that I am looking for are not in any of the 4 boxes  I have received. Hatton's denies any responsibility for supplying exploded views or instructions for dismantling the models, they "designed them and you provided them".

Regards,

Roy 

P.S. These are the best custom models I have seen in my 65 years of modeling.

Hi Dave

There seems to be a glitch with the Pre Order/Expression of Interest proceedure for the DJ Models own range of J94s. I've received this afternoon a PayPal invoice for model 001, J94 with BR early crest and tall bunker, however I only placed an expression of interest when the model and others were announced 3 years ago. The DJ Models website stated and still does, that those expressing an interest would be contacted by e-mail first so that they can go ahead or not with the order before any invoice is raised. I have not been sent this decision e-mail (same e-mail address as 3 years ago)

Extract from DJ Models site on Pre Order/Expression of Interest:

'Please feel free to place your 'order' which will be taken as an 'expression of interest' and DJM will not treat it as a binding transaction. However, once the product is available for distribution, I will mail you and ask if you are still interested in it. At this point you can say 'no thanks', or 'yes please'. If 'yes please' then I will send you an automated PAYPAL invoice or give you a link to pay ---'

I e-mailed DJ Models after receiving the invoice to advise that I did not wish to proceed and my PayPal account with the invoice debit has now been cancelled, however I'm raising this as others must be receiving the same invoices, without having been asked first to confirm or turn down the original expression, which should be the process as previously advised.

In my case and I'm sure others were the same, when the models were announced there were no retail outlets, subsequently retailers were signed up and I placed my order with Kernow Models, a retailer I have used for years. Can you clarify what should happen.

Hi Dave

There seems to be a glitch with the Pre Order/Expression of Interest proceedure for the DJ Models own range of J94s. I've received this afternoon a PayPal invoice for model 001, J94 with BR early crest and tall bunker, however I only placed an expression of interest when the model and others were announced 3 years ago. The DJ Models website stated and still does, that those expressing an interest would be contacted by e-mail first so that they can go ahead or not with the order before any invoice is raised. I have not been sent this decision e-mail (same e-mail address as 3 years ago)

Extract from DJ Models site on Pre Order/Expression of Interest:

'Please feel free to place your 'order' which will be taken as an 'expression of interest' and DJM will not treat it as a binding transaction. However, once the product is available for distribution, I will mail you and ask if you are still interested in it. At this point you can say 'no thanks', or 'yes please'. If 'yes please' then I will send you an automated PAYPAL invoice or give you a link to pay ---'

I e-mailed DJ Models after receiving the invoice to advise that I did not wish to proceed and my PayPal account with the invoice debit has now been cancelled, however I'm raising this as others must be receiving the same invoices, without having been asked first to confirm or turn down the original expression, which should be the process as previously advised.

In my case and I'm sure others were the same, when the models were announced there were no retail outlets, subsequently retailers were signed up and I placed my order with Kernow Models, a retailer I have used for years. Can you clarify what should happen.

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify. Yes i have sent out invoices....these cost you nothing and if like some modellers',your tastes have moved on, then feel free to either contact me directly to cancel, or cancel the invoice. This will not cause you to spend a single penny and should be only 1 click away. I'll get notification and cancel it my end. If i do, you will get a Paypal notification of cancellation, which you will get if you click to cancel.

Apologies for any confusion this may cause.

However the bright side is that the models are here. :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :locomotive:

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

As I stated the instructions that I am looking for are not in any of the 4 boxes  I have received. Hatton's denies any responsibility for supplying exploded views or instructions for dismantling the models, they "designed them and you provided them".

Regards,

Roy 

P.S. These are the best custom models I have seen in my 65 years of modeling.

Hi Trainman119,

My website has J94 exploded diagrams on it and hopefully by lunch time Monday will have the maintenance / disassembly instructions should anyone feel the need to get inside the model

Hello Dave,

THANK so much for your reply, I did not realize the exploded diagram was on your web page, have not been there in a while.

Kind Regards,

Roy

Hi mate,

To tell the truth, it wasn't and you jogged my memory 'to do list' and I did it today.

Cheers

Dave

Archived