New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

A man...   has asked me to post this photo.

post-508-0-71444600-1405816541_thumb.jpg

He kept repeating just one word..., "Buffers!" I did detect a sort of Whitby moor tops type of accent...

Porcy

• 1 month later...

Hi people, well I've had a good day casting the new LMS coach buffers and having added them to the website I'm now sitting here packing said buffers. Does the website want to upload? Nope, another error message 'winsock error', what the hxll does that mean?

Anyway I suppose I should show you what should be on the website whilst I'm waiting on the hosters getting back to me.

Two new LMS coach buffers are now in stock and available to purchase, (if the website would upload).

The first is a standard LMS coach buffer BC02 for Stanier coaches including Portholes, inspection saloons, 6 wheel fish vans and a few other passenger rated vans.

post-10324-0-25056800-1409931874.jpg

With solid head as opposed to the earlier fabricated head.

Straight out of the mould, no cleaning up required.

The second buffer BC03 is for LMS bogie CCTs, e.g the old Lima LMS bogie CCT.

post-10324-0-44898900-1409931932.jpg

With the slightly oval head and the later cropped top.

Polished lightly with a 3M pad which shows up the turning marks of the master.

And, the last of the GWR stopblocks BS14, a short bufferstop for loading docks, bay platforms, goods sheds and sidings where space is at a premium.

post-10324-0-64619500-1409932546.jpg    post-10324-0-11302300-1409932559.jpg

Prices are the same as before and if you are desperate and the website isn't updated over the weekend you could always order BC01 or BS13 and send a message to say what you actually want...

All the best,

Dave Franks

Hi Stan, sorry but I wasn't going to do any drilled ones till after EXPO, I just don't have the time before hand, lots of other buffers and bufferstops to cast, chassis to pack etc, etc. why couldn't the show be at the end of the month, yoi.

Dave Franks.

Hi Dave how much are the solid buffers going to set me back

Mark

Hi Mark, same as the normal wagon and coach buffers. I've worked on the production techniques so the quality has improved but the prices will stay the same - £1.99 for a set of four plus P&P of course. A program of replacing older moulds was implemented earlier this year but there's still more to do....

Dave Franks

Hi Stan, sorry but I wasn't going to do any drilled ones till after EXPO, I just don't have the time before hand, lots of other buffers and bufferstops to cast, chassis to pack etc, etc. why couldn't the show be at the end of the month, yoi.

Dave Franks.

There will be an order waiting for you - pity you won't be at Scaleforum!

Stan

There will be an order waiting for you - pity you won't be at Scaleforum!

Stan

No I won't be at Scaleforum but iirc Parkside Dundas will be and they have most of our range of castings in stock but not the new coach buffers yet.

Dave Franks.

Dave, what's the best way of communicating with you? I tried email a few weeks back but never saw a reply.

Hi Ken, I've just checked and your message was in the spam box, I must check it and clear it out more often sorry, will reply by email.

Dave.

Hi Ken, I've just checked and your message was in the spam box, I must check it and clear it out more often sorry, will reply by email.

Dave.

Thanks, Dave - I'm travelling starting today and will have spotty (or no) access to the web, so I may not see it until next weekend.

A man...   has asked me to post this photo.

attachicon.gifGreyscroftBffrs-10smcol.jpg

He kept repeating just one word..., "Buffers!" I did detect a sort of Whitby moor tops type of accent...

Porcy

Bad news I'm afraid guys, I was working on a bufferstop especially for you lot, I was going to surprise you all this week with a nice new shiney NER bufferstop but time isn't going my way so it will be done for Scaleforum, the two sideframes are made and one is detailed with all the bolts and square washers so I promise it will be worth the wait. If anyone wants to guess how many 1mm square washers I'm having to make to detail this stopblock then, if they guess correct by this Friday they'll get a free bufferstop of their choice. Howzat. 

All the best,

Dave @ LMS

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave,

Ref to:-

a nice new shiney NER bufferstop  If anyone wants to guess how many 1mm square washers I'm having to make to detail this stopblock then, if they guess correct by this Friday they'll get a free bufferstop of their choice. Howzat. 

Depends which of the various NE bufferstops you have chosen and if you did all of the washers on the real thing!

So, 152 or 92 or 68 could be among the answers possible.

Thanks

Hi Phil, you're right of course, though the picture link of the coach buffer on the 'home page' worked okay. I'm told it was my fault, I'd changed the picture on the 'product page' and forgot to reset the link. The webmistress was up early this morning and it's sorted now, thanks.

And the way they're selling we'll have none left for EXPO....

All the best,

Dave Franks

Archived