Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

1D07 is the 10:50 SuO St Pancras-Nottingham

Thanks Mark.

Sunday makes sense as I was probably about to catch a train to go back to Manchester after visiting family  for the weekend near Nottingham

David

Hi Dave. A bit of a long shot. I have been asked by a customer to re brand a J94 tank engine. It used to run on the Bowes railway, and had the bame 'Bowes' in LNER style typeface on it's boiler sides. I think it's running number was no 19. I don't suppose you have anything in your archives? Ideally looking for a colour shot.

• RMweb Gold

J4900 looks like 44002 "Helvellyn" in larger format.......

I've just had a close look at the original scan and am inclined to think you are right so I've changed the caption.

It's one of Dad's photos so I think he must have written down the wrong number when he took the photo - easy to do as I've often done it.

Many thanks,

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave. A bit of a long shot. I have been asked by a customer to re brand a J94 tank engine. It used to run on the Bowes railway, and had the bame 'Bowes' in LNER style typeface on it's boiler sides. I think it's running number was no 19. I don't suppose you have anything in your archives? Ideally looking for a colour shot.

Hi Lee, 

All my Bowes photos are in preservation days so I don't think I can help you.

Edit - PM sent

David

Edited by DaveF

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Excellent photo's of Harrogate. In particular, J872 shows a mixed unit, with a class 101 DMCL, then a class 110 TSL and DMBC. Then there is a lovely parcels train to be seen in J1242, with 47 D1573 with a Van B, then an ex-LMS BG, Mk1 BG, ex-LMS BG and unidentified 4-wheeler.

With best regards,

Rob.

Ah man, how good does J0866 look?! Fantastic photo. Thanks Dave.

My first thought.

Actually looking at the leading coach, it looks like a brake composite (at least the model I have) but there appears to be a board where I'd expect the yellow 1st class stripe (or was it too early for those).

• RMweb Premium

My first thought.

Actually looking at the leading coach, it looks like a brake composite (at least the model I have) but there appears to be a board where I'd expect the yellow 1st class stripe (or was it too early for those).

It is a mk1 BCK and it is the yellow band which is visible.

There are clips for a name board on at least this and the following coach though I don't think they saw much use by this time.

It is a Mk1 BSO. No yellow stripe, all blue-grey liveried coaches the first class seating was indicated with a yellow stripe. No 1 on the passenger door next to the guards door. No curved rain strip above the two doors I have just mentioned. Two windows between the guards door and double doors of the luggage compartment.

BCK image. The leading coach in J0868 is a BCK.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry David, the 304 can't be 056 as the class only went up to 045.

Photos of a 304/310 combo are quite rare, and you have gone one better and posted a green/blue pairing as well.

Many thanks - I never thought to check.

I've no idea which one it is as I can't read the number.

David

Hi Dave,

All your (and your dad's) photos are wonderful, but those taken in the late 1960s and featuring AC electrics are just beyond compare.   :sungum:   J1818 (already commented upon above) includes a Fruit D a part of the partially fitted freight.   Presumably with the rather dodgy riding quality of those sand hoppers, it was quite severely limited in speed?    I reckon that J0832 (the AM4/AM10 combination) must be near unique. 

Thanks again,

Bill