Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I’m late on here tonight owing to the site having been so difficult to access earlier on. 
I like the ECML photo’s from Essendine to Gamston which are all of interest. I particularly like the last photo’ of Gamston, with a class 254 HST on a down express, in June, 1979. It’s a very good train in the landscape photo’.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Bottesford photo’s on the Nottingham to Grantham line. All are of interest, and the last photo’, with a class 114 unit on a Nottingham to Skegness service, in February, 1983, shows a suitably wintry scene as the class 114 awaits to depart.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Consett, Alnwick to Coldstream, and the Hunday Farm Museum photo’s. A fascinating selection of photo’s, and in C18127, at Edlingham, on the former Alnwick to Coldstream line, NER, on the 31st October, 1992, you have captured a lovely view of the castle with the former railway viaduct in the background. It would make a great model. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Stocksfield and Riding Mill photo’s on the Newcastle to Carlisle line. All are of interest, and in J9288, at Riding Mill, with a hybrid class 116 and 119 DMU on a service from Sunderland to Hexham, in September, 1987, you have a lovely ‘train in the landscape’ view.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I've just noticed in J6350 that the switch blades and the crossing of the turnout have been left in place but the length of rail between the left hand switch rail and the crossing has been removed along with the former diverging route, giving a trap point. A nice one to model.

Jonathan

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the photo’s starting in Gateshead and going south along the Durham coast line. All are of interest and show what has changed over the years. In C11632, at Hartlepool, that is a most excellent view of  ‘Skipper’, 142025, on a Newcastle to Middlesbrough service on the 14th February, 1989.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

Gosh David, That last pic has changed a lot now, as there is a fence between the running line and that siding in the Yard, with a gated entrance for Locos at this end and a gated crossing for pedestrians at the far end of the Platform. 

Some brilliant shots as always.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Great Central Railway photo’s going south from Loughborough. All are of interest, and in J7591, at Loughborough Central, the preserved LNER B1,1306, September, 1981, looks so good in it’s portrait shot. 
The WCML photo’s at Floriston level crossing, north of Kingmoor, are fascinating and show how things have changed. The last photo’ is a most impressive shot of 37716 and 37684 on a train of down empty HAA’s, on the 31st May, 1995.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Gosh David, That last pic has changed a lot now, as there is a fence between the running line and that siding in the Yard, with a gated entrance for Locos at this end and a gated crossing for pedestrians at the far end of the Platform. 

Some brilliant shots as always.

Andy,

I much preferred it as it was then.  However having seen some of the visitors on busy days I can understand why the changes were made.

I haven't put any of my more recent photos on RMWeb (yet) but I have visited the line more recently as I have a relative who lives in the area.

In the late 1950s I used to travel on what is now the Great Central Railway (north), travelling from East Leake to Nottingham going to and from school.  If only the line could be like it was then.  I also often used Loughborough Central as my grandparents lived in the town.

David

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the latest York photo’s, all of which are of interest. The first is a great view of 25 7518 and a class 46, with a brakevan, on an up movement in November, 1971. That train would make a fascinating model.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent pictures David 

It looks like a section of the crossing is missing on the Scarborough line as it was known. 

Was it closed by then or was the removal temporary.  For some reason I thought it closed in 74

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, russ p said:

Excellent pictures David 

It looks like a section of the crossing is missing on the Scarborough line as it was known. 

Was it closed by then or was the removal temporary.  For some reason I thought it closed in 74

I didn't get to York very often then, but I think that the crossing was partly removed, then reinstated, then removed again.

If anyone has more details please post them here.

David

• Thanks 1