On Shenston Road. Some recent photos.

Swindon 123

There were also rather more loops and sidings where a slow-moving light loco could be stopped to check for overheating and to let faster trains pass.

Sorry, didnt mean to mislead - my comment was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek as a reply to the one I quoted.

• RMweb Premium

Some more photos of Shenston Road and its environs, this time lineside, which are Greg's favored type of photo of the layout, starting just outside the station and moving clockwise around the layout. 

Class 08, D4118 heads off towards Birmingham in search of wagons.

attachicon.gifD4118 and brake.jpg

Now at the tunnel end of the layout, which is towards Wolverhampton, and despite what the headcode says, D165 passes Tunnel Box's Down Home 2 with a mixed freight.

attachicon.gifCl 46, D165 on a Down mixed freight..jpg

A little later, and with another headcode faux-pas, D1022, "Western Sentinel" heads past with a Wolverhampton bound service.

attachicon.gifD1022, Western Sentinel on a Down Passenger..jpg

Moving back towards the station, Class 22 D6328 is captured with a "new" loco destined for use in the steelworks. (or scrap)?

attachicon.gifCl22, D6328 with a new loco for the steelworks..jpg

Next, Class 24, 5000 also heads in the Wolverhampon direction with a coal train.

attachicon.gifCl24, 5000 on coal..jpg

Followed shortly after by D236 with a short train of Bogie bolster E's, (and a 16t mineral).

attachicon.gifCl40 D236 on a short train of bogie bolster E's.jpg

Class 40 D236, in close up. This is the latest 40 to join Greg's fleet.

attachicon.gifD236..jpg

That is all for this particular post. I'm not 100% what will feature in the next batch of photos, but Warships are bound to feature.

Enjoy.

Paul J.

Ah, I remember it well...1B66 was, amongst other things, the Cambridge Buffet Express which - in my blue spotting days - produced Classes 31, 37, 40, 46 and 47.  Where did the intervening 40+ years go...??

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

More Great pics Paul, Thanks, I've just ordered 2 more Warships, another Green one and a Maroon with Full Yellow Ends, I really do look forward to many more pics.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

A bit slow in getting the photos ready, but after the above request, and some badgering from Greg, I've finally got some ready. So here they are and its Warships, Warships all the way.

First up, looking worse for ware, D815 "Druid" is caught on camera heading light engine towards Wolverhampton.

attachicon.gifTatty D815 'Druid' light engine on the down..jpg

Following a while later D837 "Ramillies" is seen heading in the same direction with a parcels train.

attachicon.gifD837 'Ramillies' on a down parcels..jpg

Heading over to the station, 853 "Thruster" is captured on the holding sidings from the top of a passing bus on the adjacent road.

attachicon.gif853 'Thruster' seen over the boundry wall..jpg

Another day finds 841 "Roebuck" sat on the holding sidings.

attachicon.gif841 'Roebuck' on the holding sidings..jpg

Not my sharpest photo but I do like the depth of field on this shot of 861 "Vigilant" coming of the holding sidings.

attachicon.gif861 'Vigilant' comes off the holding siding..jpg

Last but not least, D837 "Ramillies" is seen again, this time heading a southbound train of vans into Shenston Rd station.

attachicon.gifD837 'Ramillies' approaching Shenston Rd station on the up..jpg

I hope you like the above photos. I have been revisiting and reworking some of my earlier photos of Shenston Road so some repeats my well appear in these posts. Hopefully looking better than they did originally?

Type 1's are in the pipeline to appear in the next photo session. Until then.

Paul J.

Edited to add missing text.

Likey likey likey likey likey.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

A bit slow in getting the photos ready, but after the above request, and some badgering from Greg, I've finally got some ready. So here they are and its Warships, Warships all the way.

I hope you like the above photos. I have been revisiting and reworking some of my earlier photos of Shenston Road so some repeats my well appear in these posts. Hopefully looking better than they did originally?

Type 1's are in the pipeline to appear in the next photo session. Until then.

Paul J.

Edited to add missing text.

Paul,

Many thanks - congratulations to Greg on a superb fleet and a wonderful layout!

Rich

Lovely pics

Please can I ask how the weathering was done on D815 - try as I might I haven't been able to get that effect on the City Basin Goods fleet

Thanks

STEVE

Greg is the one who did all the weathering on D815. I'm sure he'll reveal his secrets in the future.

Paul J.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

It's all gone a bit quiet again - here's some more hydraulic motive power to get you frothing :) shenston_841-01.jpg

Just totally superb - that really could be a real photograph. Amazed!  Cries of 'More! More!' can be hear from the back!

Rich

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...