The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Alien designer HR Giger dies

beast66606

Well known to persons of a punk rock persuasion for use of his works as sleeve art on DEAD KENNEDYS output.

Not to everyone's taste, but very out there and challenging. Unlucky way to go.

• RMweb Gold

I remember going to a midnight screening of Alien in 1980.  Leaving the cinema around 2AM it was really scary walking back to the car, expecting the creature to appear from around the next corner.  Took my girlfriend of the time for 'emotional support'.   :swoon:

A groundbreaking scfi film in my view in terms of building tension and suspense. 

I remember going to a midnight screening of Alien in 1980.  

A groundbreaking scfi film in my view in terms of building tension and suspense. 

A mate and I also went to a late screening, possibly midnight too?

It was definitely groundbreaking in its time and created immense tension watching it for the first time.

A shame about the follow ups and the usual case of Hollywood "milking a winner" until it was bone dry.

• RMweb Gold

I remember in the early 80s,posters for his album cover for Deborah Harry's 'Koo Koo' being banned on the London underground.Quite tame by todays standards.

He first came to my attention when he designed the cover for ELP's 'Brain Salad Surgery' album. What an amazing imagination and vision he had, a truly unique style.

Archived