HO Monon inspired layout

Sunshine in Wakey!

Something about it always shining on the righteous? :angel:

Just heard the news that my former employers are giving all their schools back as they have finally admitted they cannot run them. Feel sorry for my friends still working in the school and I hope you ever gets to take them over does know what they are doing. So having said for a number of years the Trustbdid not know what they were doing the Sun is indeed shing on the righteous!

• Like 1

Another rainy day but more time in the garage finishing bits and pieces. Only major task to complete is the fencing around the tank area but no longer sure if I like the chain link.

Looking on the web came across problems with some atlas Hart ballast wagons. Seem to gave similar bogie mounting points as in the 36 ft coal hoppers so might see if there are similar issues there.

post-9435-0-86884900-1504979068.jpg

Completion of the crate is the job when the rain stops and then another look at a lighting rig.

A frustrating day in getting more of the shed base dug out and prepared - persitant showers put paid to that activity. However more garage time and a crate of sorts has been completed and works to a fashion. I think with a little more thought a mk 2 version will be devised and built.

post-9435-0-95987500-1505142717_thumb.jpg

Looking at the assortment of random screw holes, I take it that those bits of 2x1 have seen previous usage over the years!

Waste not, want not I always say.

Although Mrs 5050 often has a slightly different opinion.................

• Like 1

Looking at the assortment of random screw holes, I take it that those bits of 2x1 have seen previous usage over the years!

Waste not, want not I always say.

Although Mrs 5050 often has a slightly different opinion.................

Yes I have a box full of off cuts of varying sizes.... when I was at work we were still using some of the original wood from 10 years ago recycled in the stage sets to reduce costs etc.

Yes I have a box full of off cuts of varying sizes.... when I was at work we were still using some of the original wood from 10 years ago recycled in the stage sets to reduce costs etc.

Only one box?!

Beginner............................... :locomotive:

All my baseboards are made up out of my own head - and I've got enough left to make 3 more!

Best not the the wife at the moment is currently moving through every room and cupboard with occasional messages such as - did you know about these boxes, are you ever going to use / make it

Morning modelling time spent checking out electrical connections whilst the underneath of the boards are accessible. One or two dodgy soldered joints redone and flying lead connections made for board to board connectivity instead of the current bodge! Looking at the wiring under Stanley the current OO gauge layout being constructed at the club then a lot to learn about neatness of wiring!

Edited by enginelane

Whilst in London took a trip to 4D Models an architects suppliers and was very impressed with the range of materials stocked. As well as Evergreen products whole range of plastic sheet, metal and paper that could be used to clad buildings etc. Very helpful staff.

On way home courtesy of Grand Central took opportunity to tidy up the running sequence on Vimes Street. 11 separate moves in the sequence, should provide enough interest without it being too long winded to run.

• 3 weeks later...

I am open t

Might this layout be at Warley or Wakefield this year? I'd love to see it in the flesh. :)

I am open to offers, is it a done thing as exhibition Manager to book your own layout? I would love to have the opportunity of testing out the layout in the environs of an exhibition

• 3 weeks later...