The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

Number 190 duly arrived yesterday, not unpacked yet, but read booklet, one point it advises to keep the model coupled at all times if possible, I do this with all my multi car models, I use White Electrical Trunking  to keep the models in and it can be bought from any DIY [ B&Q in my case] or electrical store ,it is easy to cut to size and fits 00 models perfectly, you can have it fully enclosed with the top clip part when not in use and the models slide out easily on to the track work.

Number 190 duly arrived yesterday, not unpacked yet, but read booklet, one point it advises to keep the model coupled at all times if possible, I do this with all my multi car models, I use White Electrical Trunking  to keep the models in and it can be bought from any DIY [ B&Q in my case] or electrical store ,it is easy to cut to size and fits 00 models perfectly, you can have it fully enclosed with the top clip part when not in use and the models slide out easily on to the track work.

What length do I need?

Hi all. Finally got mine assembled this morning with a slightly thick head! Bit of a but if you persist it will happen. Problem for me is that it won't go all the way round my track because the nose fouls against the end wall of the shed. So it will be restricted to short high speed runs. Bit like the real thing. One query, is there a way to turn off the lights inside tc1 and tc2 ?

Locomotion models say the models are now in stock, I've a DCC ready one ordered and paid in full, does anyone know pick up arrangements from Shildon?

I e-mailed them the other day with this question but got no reply,suppose they're busy posting the sound ones?

• Like 1

Very happy with mine, arrived last night but it does require a bit of persuasion to assemble. Whilst I'm still with the same layout, a signal, tunnel mouth and a building need moving. Very surprised about the sound, erm I think I need some ear defenders as it was about as loud as the VC-10 I was stood next to a few weekends ago. I haven't started with the full startup sequence yet as I don't think the foundations of the house can take it!

An amazing job done by all on this project and the engineering is just astounding, I must admit that when I saw the wheel flanges for the first time, I was a bit uneasy about running it fast over my point work but it honestly is a work of art. I don't know if I'll just buy a powercar or a set, but I cannot wait for the Prototype HST.

To whoever first put it down on paper that the APT-E was to be produced in 4mm scale, Thankyou. Thankyou for producing what I remember being the silent (mostly green) silver bullet that I saw at York as a kid, half hidden under those tents

Cheers, 60800

Edited by 60800
  • Like 2

Some potential good news for the 'Mr Tilt Fan Club'.  :D

If things turn out OK I should be at the York Show on Sunday and Monday, but there's no chance of me making Saturday, sorry.

It's not 100% sorted yet, but we're working on it.

• Like 4

Ok - just got home now from setting up the stand at York show for this weekend so I won't be at the museum until Tuesday .

We managed to get some of the sound versions out this week and the priority, starting Tuesday is to start sending out the dcc ready versions.

Please be patient...I haven't had a day off in nearly 3 weeks and both Stuart and I have been at work from 7.00 am trying our best to keep up with balance payments and upgrades as well as preparing for shows and sending out models as best we can.

You will get your models as quickly as possible.

Cheers

Sandra

• Like 3

Ok - just got home now from setting up the stand at York show for this weekend so I won't be at the museum until Tuesday .

We managed to get some of the sound versions out this week and the priority, starting Tuesday is to start sending out the dcc ready versions.

Please be patient...I haven't had a day off in nearly 3 weeks and both Stuart and I have been at work from 7.00 am trying our best to keep up with balance payments and upgrades as well as preparing for shows and sending out models as best we can.

You will get your models as quickly as possible.

Cheers

Sandra

Thanks for info ,will we get emails for those who are picking up in person or can we pick up from Shildon now?
  • Like 1

I have finally put my sound  APT-E together, after laying off the beer today, it wasn't simple to do by any means, but I have a BIG problem, it has a short and I really do not have  a clue how to clear it, I put it together by reading the instruction book first, any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated :-(

Thanks for info ,will we get emails for those who are picking up in person or can we pick up from Shildon now?

My Dad rang this week and arranged a pick up on Weds and to pay the balance.From hearing of how busy Sandra and co are id reccommend ringing and checking what best day/times are

Hth

Jamed

Edited by jessy1692
  • Like 1

Some potential good news for the 'Mr Tilt Fan Club'.  :D

If things turn out OK I should be at the York Show on Sunday and Monday, but there's no chance of me making Saturday, sorry.

It's not 100% sorted yet, but we're working on it.

Where do I join? :)

How could we not want to follow a man involved in the production of the Deus ex Machine, so to speak!

Luke

• Like 1

I have finally put my sound  APT-E together, after laying off the beer today, it wasn't simple to do by any means, but I have a BIG problem, it has a short and I really do not have  a clue how to clear it, I put it together by reading the instruction book first, any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated :-(

I'm sorry to hear that!

The best thing to do is to email Rapido through our web site and have Dan email or ring you back on Monday. What with it being the weekend and everyone at the York show, your best bet is to speak to Dan. Unless you can bring it to the York show and have Bill or Thomas look at it in person.

A short can be caused by all sorts of things. It could be an axle bearing, it could be a connector, it could be an error in connecting the cars. It could be one of about 20 different reasons.

"It has a short" is not enough information for Dan to diagnose the problem. You'll need to give him much more info.

Best regards,

Jason