The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

Found the perfect way of setting  up APT-E , get the grandson to do it , 5 minutes flat! amazing ,tested it on my layout just need to shorten one platform end on a terminus station , sound is LOUD. but great, runs extremely well.

How long before we can hire him for product testing?  ;)

Bill

• Like 3

still got to get another £60 to break even, E Bay , Paypal charges approx 13.5% on sale price and postage, sorry  for repeating ebay post,did not see above post about e bay charges

Edited by brittannia

How long before we can hire him for product testing?  ;)

Bill

I'll ask him, he said just look at the pins line them up ,hey presto! '  literally,  he did look briefly at the instruction book , he thought it funny that Canadians had a sense of humour [ Sorry]

Clapham Junction, perhaps?  :)

Too windy and starting to be wet, to do a better photo.

Luke

:D

What EVER did they think of you taking a pic of a model sitting on the station platform? 

Well, it would have at least one member... ;>)

The APT-E project could not have been such a success without the help of Kit & Co. (The APT-E group).

Bill

Thank you Bill, much appreciated, but it really was a labour of love.

Both Paul and I had said many times that we'd NEVER see a production model of E-Train, and then two years ago Jason and you came up with this! I can hardly wait to see the production model with my own eyes at York tomorrow.  :D

• Like 1

I'll ask him, he said just look at the pins line them up ,hey presto! '  literally,  he did look briefly at the instruction book , he thought it funny that Canadians had a sense of humour [ Sorry]

As the resident Yank on staff, I think that it's funny that the Canadians have a senese of humour as well! :>)

Bill

• Like 2

:D

What EVER did they think of you taking a pic of a model sitting on the station platform? 

I'm not sure anyone noticed! Sat on the bench, unpacked the single power car, held to to the top of the bench with one hand and bent down and took the photo with camera in the other hand, straightened up and slipped the power car back into it's packing. Total time may be 15 seconds?

Taking lots of photo when in eastern Europe as way has left me with an ability to set up and take a photo FAST!

I wonder about doing other stations... :)

Luke

• Like 2

As the resident Yank on staff, I think that it's funny that the Canadians have a senese of humour as well! :>)

Bill

LOL

My take on the Canadians has been somewhat tainted by southpark

• RMweb Premium

Not APT-E, and more suited to the upcoming Terrier group, but this is the kind of match up we need:

post-6714-0-89341300-1459031060.jpg

post-6714-0-51751500-1459031117.jpg

Edited by Ian J.
  • Like 6

Finding all the talk of whether Rapido made a profit or not a bit crass?  I'm sure that's confidential to them and probably won't be revealed in a hurry.

There's nothing wrong with talking... 

Not that we're going to reveal anything, but I'm certainly finding the discussion interesting!  xD

-Jason

• Like 2

Not that we're going to reveal anything, but I'm certainly finding the discussion interesting!  xD

-Jason

I don't feel that a discussion concerning if this project is profitable or not is "Crass" it's merely a reflection of the vested interest we have as modelers/   collectors to see it succeed. Jason and Rapido need to make a profit to encourage them to carry on with further British models;it as simple as that! I wish them well and have put my money where my keyboard is for a sound version, which i look forward to receiving at some point in the future. I

welcome a new manufacturer in to the British market as it will  keep the big 2 on their toes.

B

• RMweb Gold

-Jason

I sincerely hope it is profitable - then as your steam engine expertise develops Bill can start doing some Great Western engines (the proper Great Western that is, not the one with in Colorado that runs Geeps).

• Like 2

Just got my shifts for next week, I've a day off on Tuesday and no urgent jobs at home. Planning a trip to Shildon to go and pick mine up. Do I need to take anything with me?

Personal protection. Lots of people who couldn't be bothered to open there wallet are after one.  :triniti: Me included. 

Edited by flapland
  • Like 1

My opinion (for what it's worth) on the profit talk-

Did they make a profit, I bloomin hope so

Did they make enough profit to consider it worthwhile, I bloomin hope so

Did they make enough profit to retire somewhere sunny and be waited on hand and foot, I bloomin hope not I want some more models.

That about sums it up.

• Like 3

Just got my shifts for next week, I've a day off on Tuesday and no urgent jobs at home. Planning a trip to Shildon to go and pick mine up. Do I need to take anything with me?

Hi Colin

You need to tell me which version you have ordered and then wait for me to find the paperwork when you get there! Then I will ask numerous security questions - these are very valuable items you know and much sought after!

Cheers

Sandra

Hi Colin

You need to tell me which version you have ordered and then wait for me to find the paperwork when you get there! Then I will ask numerous security questions - these are very valuable items you know and much sought after!

Cheers

Sandra

Sandra

have you had chance to answer the message RE: my sound order yet?

BW

Brenn

Did anyone get anywhere with the shorting issue. Mine (DCC sound) has been shorting out as soon as I get it on the track. Ran fine at first then started shorting. I've taken it all apart and the issue seems to be PC1. The rest on its own is fine but with PC1 attached any bogie on the rail shorts. PC1 on its own with just its own bogie shorts right away now.

• Like 1

Hi Colin

Cheers

Sandra

is mine ready to pick up Thursday?

Edited by Jitmen

Did anyone get anywhere with the shorting issue. Mine (DCC sound) has been shorting out as soon as I get it on the track. Ran fine at first then started shorting. I've taken it all apart and the issue seems to be PC1. The rest on its own is fine but with PC1 attached any bogie on the rail shorts. PC1 on its own with just its own bogie shorts right away now.

At least you`ve gone the methodical way and identified where the fault lies

Just wait for Rapidobill to log on and no doubt you will get some help

I can`t help myself as I haven`t yet received mine lol

I have the same problem with mine, very frustrating, as I have been so looking forward to running this model, i'll wait a bit and contact Rapido before excepting the inevitable. :-( 

I have the same problem with mine, very frustrating, as I have been so looking forward to running this model, i'll wait a bit and contact Rapido before excepting the inevitable. :-(

Yea, I don't fancy opening it up to look either. However I'm also hoping this is a very isolated issue.