The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

Well, mine has turned up this afternoon, but,im in a bit of a dilema,I'm down the local enjoying my first hobby and really getting into it bigtime, very worried that when it's time to leave to enjoy my second hobby I'll be to inebriated to put the bloody thing together !

• Like 1

Did you start the tilt packs Andy? If not it should fall over pretty soon.  :D

I note it's only in 3 car form too, and you've got TC2 the wrong way round. The long instrumentation rack should be at the PC2 end.

See, you even get rivet counters on this thread.  :D

And what IS on F16 anyway? 

Edited by Mr_Tilt

I note it's only in 3 car form too, and you've got TC2 the wrong way round. The long instrumentation rack should be at the PC2 end.

I ran it as a 3 car so it had got a foot to run on the plank, will switch TC2 round if I do that again; thank you!

F16? It's an Easter egg so if no-one else has posted by Sunday I'll spill the beans.

• Like 1

Being one of the first to place their order No.24 has just reached the far south east corner ..... am out this afternoon but hope to get it out of the box and read the instructions and follow Andy's guidance when putting it together - then I will find out if the Train-Safe I've got waiting for it is long enough.

attachicon.gifAPT-E-01.jpg

Many thanks to Sandra and the team for expediting the despatch of the set..

Keith

Amazing to think the train in the tube above it dates from the same era ..................... :O

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:09

Martin_R, on 14 Mar 2016 - 13:53, said:snapback.png

Ordered and paid deposit with free postage 26 June 2014 and paid balance plus £9 postage 7 January 2016 - no mention of an allocation or sequence number. I did inquire about upgrading to a sound fitted version but was met with a wall of silence so eventually gave up..... Not had any communications from Locomotion other than the original e-mail confirmations of deposit and balance paid.

Hello Martin,  Have you changed your email address to the one I have for you? 

I'm in all day today and you will be able to reach me on 01388 771413 / 01904 685785 or 07766 785333.

Cheers

San

Posted Today, 14:30

The Ghost of IKB, on 23 Mar 2016 - 14:23, said:snapback.png

I'm waiting for mine - dcc ready - wish now I'd ordered the sound version.  Is it possible to buy the sound decoder and retro-fit?

Why not give Locomotion a call and see if you've got time to 'upgrade'? I have to say the sound option is well worth the extra.

I have tried to upgrade to a sound version - have phoned a number of times and have left message on answerphone, when did manage to get through I was told that because so many wanted to upgrade I would have to wait until after Ally Pally and York Shows for them to sort it all out - I'm not holding my breath even though I have left additional contact details. 

Hi Lads,

I only saw the extra coach's option this thread a long time after I ordered it. I recently Emailed locomotion about 2 weeks back about the possibility of ordering extra coaches but no reply.

did any one here manage to order extra coaches after they ordered the main unit?

cheers

George

• RMweb Premium

I ran it as a 3 car so it had got a foot to run on the plank, will switch TC2 round if I do that again; thank you!

F16? It's an Easter egg so if no-one else has posted by Sunday I'll spill the beans.

I didn't think Easter eggs made any noise. In fact, I didn't think Kit and the team ate Easter eggs on the APT-E. I thought it was sandwiches...

;)

• RMweb Premium

Andy, that looks SUPERB! Very nostalgic indeed, I'm most impressed, even though I'm 110% biased. 

Only 110%?

Your interest must be waning.............

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Based on Jason's love of Dr. Who, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a recording of a Cyberman saying "You have been upgraded" or a Dalek saying "Exterminate".

Based on Jason's love of Dr. Who, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a recording of a Cyberman saying "You have been upgraded" or a Dalek saying "Exterminate".

Now wait a minute... This is a refined and carefully researched historical model associated with one of the premier railway museums in the world! We would NEVER detract from the offering by providing a sound byte that was not 100% accurate and historically significant.... (Go on, check it out!)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Whilst chatting to Mrs NB about her day at work, she casually drops in "a parcel arrived for you today......."

The previous record for the round trip to her work has just been broken.........

I will retire to the shed with said parcel......

I may be some time.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

I have an awful feeling that F16 may be me yelling 'Tilt failure TC1!' followed by sounds of running feet as I rush off to fix it. 

One of the tapes of test runs we have on file has something like that on it.............

• Like 8

Hi Lads,

I only saw the extra coach's option this thread a long time after I ordered it. I recently Emailed locomotion about 2 weeks back about the possibility of ordering extra coaches but no reply.

did any one here manage to order extra coaches after they ordered the main unit?

cheers

George

Hi George

There are no available extra cars, sorry. 

• Like 1