Dapol "O" gauge Terrier.

Multiple identity account

John just used a fibreglass pen and rubbed it off; I know various liquids are recommended by people but the worry was about disturbing the underlying paint layer.  He did have to use a little paint to cover the area but it barely shows. I think removing the condensing pipes really alters the look of the engine.

Peter

I've been looking at images of 32635 with a view to see how to finish my model.  I know assumption is a real trap for the unwary, now how about this logic:

When Boxhill was restored it was the works shunter at Brighton.  377S received the same paint scheme, so my logic will be to copy the arrangment of colours used on Boxhill, ableit it will be very heavily weathered, more on the 32635 side than the 377S side...

So its tank tops black and balance weight between spokes into green.  Any other suggested changes appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1rW1FUi0no

• Like 2

News from Tower Models dated 19th October:

"Latest news from Dapol in regard to the BR and KESR Terriers is that they should be flying out of China on Monday. Allowing for transit, clearing customs and transportation in the UK this should mean that hopefully Dapol will have them on or around the 2nd of November. If this is the case we will start despatchs of the none sound equipped advance orders from Tuesday the 3rd. Once we have a better idea as to when they are arriving we will begin contacting all customers to organise suitable days for delivery."

I've decide that I must have a working layout on my birthday on the 2nd, so it's lucky I've got my Ixion Hudswell Clarke to play with!

Most attractive!  I can see why Dapol chose this prototype as their steam loco entry into affordable 0 gauge.

I agree, although the prototype is a bit of a minefield, the more I look and research the more I feel like no two locos were ever the same and, of course, they were moded throughout their lives-eg. I still dont know if the BR version I have on order had a westinghouse pump or not......

News from Tower Models dated 19th October:

"Latest news from Dapol in regard to the BR and KESR Terriers is that they should be flying out of China on Monday. Allowing for transit, clearing customs and transportation in the UK this should mean that hopefully Dapol will have them on or around the 2nd of November. If this is the case we will start despatchs of the none sound equipped advance orders from Tuesday the 3rd. Once we have a better idea as to when they are arriving we will begin contacting all customers to organise suitable days for delivery."

I've decide that I must have a working layout on my birthday on the 2nd, so it's lucky I've got my Ixion Hudswell Clarke to play with!

I had heard similar from Tower too - early to mid November. Good luck with the layout, have fun and many happy returns!

ATVB

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

Good afternoon,

I have been looking at pictures of various terriers and a couple of real ones at Sheffield park at the weekend.

The variations are a bit of a nightmare.

I was thinking of a simple chart on the first post of a new thread.  Additional posts of information would be used to update the chart on the first page and a second page would be a photo index.

• Like 1

Good afternoon,

I have been looking at pictures of various terriers and a couple of real ones at Sheffield park at the weekend.

The variations are a bit of a nightmare.

I was thinking of a simple chart on the first post of a new thread.  Additional posts of information would be used to update the chart on the first page and a second page would be a photo index.

Hi Ernie,

Sounds like a good idea to me.

ATVB

CME

I'd like to know the detail differences between Bodiam and Rolvendon, so I can make a quick decision on whether to buy another K&ESR one before they sell out! I know there are some early photos, but I haven't seen them, and can't spend much on books, as well as locos, at the moment.

Bodiam, if an A1 should convert to Rolvenden with little trouble.  Rolvenden had it's tool box behind the bunker when on the scrap line.

I'm not planning to scrap it. It will only just have been delivered from Brighton in a nice shiny new coat of paint! I think I'm happy that it's practical, so I'll do more research if I decide to spend the money, but a list of differences would be very useful.

EDIT: I see you've already done it!

Edited by BG John

Hi BG,

You need to source a copy of 'Stroudly and His Terriers' by Tom Middlemass, it will give you the locos and their histories through to the BR era and restoration/preservation.

BTW has anyone noticed that on the Dapol A1's the chimney fit (into Smokebox) is better than on the first release of the A1X's (ie on the Review models)?

ATVB

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

Hi BG,

You need to source a copy of 'Stroudly and His Terriers' by Tom Middlemass, it will give you the locos and their histories through to the BR era and restoration/preservation.

ATVB

CME

That's even more expensive than Brian Hart's book. Anything from £47 to £2,500!

That's even more expensive than Brian Hart's book. Anything from £47 to £2,500!

Not if you seek em out, off of the beaten track, they can be had for £20-30 (£2.5k is probably just a listing retainer :O :mosking: ) - of course cheaper still I suspect that the library may help, even if it takes an inter library loan (as long as the govt hasnt gotten rid of libraries so us poor cant read and thus fathom out what theyre up to!? :mosking: :mosking: )

It a book worth its weight in gold. Never seen another book like it for detail on one class of loco.

Marc

I agree - Pendragon books are very good quality (David Jenkinson et al). :yes: