Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, richard i said:

Mrs Jones was looking through net curtains, she can not guarantee that is what she saw. 

In the police report it states that she could see the young engineers tool in his hand.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

In the police report it states that she could see the young engineers tool in his hand.

The vicar was waling down the road when he saw a fellow coming the other way carrying a loaf of bread with his other hand in his pocket.

"Ah, I see you're carrying the staff of life!", joked the vicar, "but what's in your other hand?"

"A loaf of bread, your Reverence".

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

When the case got to court, the magistrate was disgusted to see the defendant chewing as he stood in the dock.

"Stop masticating, man!", he roared and the man took his hands out of his pockets.

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Meanwhile, somewhere a good deal less smutty....

Number 80 is off the subs bench after I figured out what was causing the problem in DC mode. So now all I need is a chip that works and she'll be properly into service.  

Weirdly, number 78 turned up today. So that's another chip needed. 

You will have the whole class soon.

Are you going to have a class111 as well?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Only another 14 to go...the 111s seem to go for Premier League prices so I might pass on those.

There is this stuff called paint. I know I don't use it but I am going to give it ago one day.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I'm always fascinated by your "what ifs" Clive, and I think you've posted other pictures of this pair before. The scheme on the '56 definitely owes a lot to the Class 28 Metrovick, white edged grilles and long off white line along a slab like bodyside. The 58 is a real voyage of discovery, and I especially like the two tone green on the cabs.

Interested as well by Gibbo's posting of the Manics song  - I've seen them perform this a few times in various venues, the song IIRC has references to the Spanish Civil War, although on one occasion they flew Cuban flags on stage at the time (perhaps in Swansea). I seem to remember as well that they were one if not the first western band to perform in Cuba, back in the '90's.

John.

P.S. Meant to say that you are clearly a very capable painter.

Edited by John Tomlinson
P.S.
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

11 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

There is this stuff called paint. I know I don't use it but I am going to give it ago one day.

Hi Clive,

I have a similar knowledge of coloured gloopy stuff in tins that one dips ones brush into, that is not by the way a euphemism.

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I ran a train today... in DC mode.  Clive will be pleased.

20200408_170446.jpg.ffbd06eb65cdaf89a3b8df8b9f365d53.jpg

I can chose modes by simply connecting and disconnecting the different control systems.

Some posing also went on.

20200408_153430.jpg.29454414fa49c0f883fae70f03d05796.jpg

Number 88 doesn't have any red bits on the cab front.

People can run their trains anyway they like. I just get upset when the DCC brigade start to tell modellers that is the only way to go and infer that I am out of touch and stupid with my old fashioned system. Then when I ask them to show their modelling nothing appears.

There are some very good DCC layouts which I have had the pleasure of operating or even just viewing. Generally their owners will discuss railways and modelling with me. To them DCC is a means of control to help create their version of the reality they would like to trainspot in, just like me.

• Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

88 is in the original CIE 'Supertrain' livery, as delivered from GM EMD London, Ontario in 1976.

The others are in various 'tippex' liveries, 80 is in Irish Rail, 78 and 77 are in Iarnród Éireann livery all with the dayglo warning panels.

Everyday is a school day, thanks. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I ran some trains just round and round tonight as I marked out some coach sides for another cut and shut.

I have put tension locks on one of my Sutton type2 Bo-Bos it did look good double heading with a new Bachy Type 2 with headcode box. :locomotive:

No photos as the lady in Boots said they were not essentials, mind you Mrs M said the same thing about Easter Eggs when she didn't bring any home from her shopping trip this week.  :cry:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

I ran some trains just round and round tonight as I marked out some coach sides for another cut and shut.

I have put tension locks on one of my Sutton type2 Bo-Bos it did look good double heading with a new Bachy Type 2 with headcode box. :locomotive:

No photos as the lady in Boots said they were not essentials, mind you Mrs M said the same thing about Easter Eggs when she didn't bring any home from her shopping trip this week.  :cry:

She is waiting until they are discounted on Easter Monday and then she is going to snap up twice as many at half the price. Wize woman. That’s how I get enough cream eggs to last until August. 
richard 

• Like 4
  • Funny 2