Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, jazzer said:

Pluto looks fantastic. What breed is he and where did he come from? What a great idea to name your dog after an LNWR 2-4-0 :)
What is the  cockers name ?

Pluto is an English Pointer from Spain. He came with the name but I am sure his railway connection comes from D-Day. The Pipe Line Under The Ocean was made using the RH&DR.

The stupid dog is called Hugo.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

Pluto went out this evening in Gus's rain coat. Gus was quite stocky compared to Pluto, he looked like a poor kid having to wear his neighbour's hand me down school blazer. He'll grow into it.

Come you miserly skin flint, buy him his own special coat.:fie:

We've just posted about 6 or 7 Greyhound Coats back to the Retired Greyhound Trust at Wolverhampton.

1304822641_Sally(2).jpg.784fefeed885c04f038a3d6622bda49f.jpg

DSC03713.JPG.eec8c4ee1e75cefb27003664d29e998c.JPG

DSCF1011.jpg.34b146be35d73dae1ad6b29d427e4ea1.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Come you miserly skin flint, buy him his own special coat.:fie:

We've just posted about 6 or 7 Greyhound Coats back to the Retired Greyhound Trust at Wolverhampton.

Mr Petres

Mrs M and Pluto had a great time leaping about the living room while she was trying to measure him for his own coat. He is big dog but not a stocky as Gus was, he needs fattening up but even then he will not be as wide as our Gus was across the shoulders and chest. You cannot measure him when you do not have him.

Your greyhounds look lovely, I bet you are missing them. :(

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Pluto is an English Pointer from Spain. He came with the name but I am sure his railway connection comes from D-Day. The Pipe Line Under The Ocean was made using the RH&DR.

The stupid dog is called Hugo.

Ref measuring the dog for a coat...could you not scan him and use the 3D Printer?

Ar$£

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

Hi Folks,

Talking of Pluto, the God/doG of the Underworld, here is Pluto the Dog/goD of the outer world:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/pluto-pluto-disney-dog-dwarf-6069062

Strangely the former planet was discovered in February 1930, the September of the same year that Disney created and named Mickey Mouse's dog

Don't you just love NASA's "photographs".

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Yo those who aren't bored with me,

I am still plodding along with the LNER coach conversions, not quite as simple as the LMS and BR ones. I did start a Mailcoach tourist Brake Second Open, nothing fits each other. So it and the Isinglass 3 compartment BSK have until Xmas to buck their ideas up or choose a window they want to be thrown out of.

Mean while one of my favorite Blue Grass artist Molly Tuttle has been doing some lovey covers with Annie on bass and Megan drums. When I think of Blue Grass (and Country) music I think of it being Redneck music. Have a listen to this...

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

Sadly it seems that many of our railway kits don't fit that well. A challenge is all very well, but when it goes on and on you (one) does tend to flag. I've been doing an Isinglass 3D printed LNER sleeper, spent a lot of time on it doing the detailing with MJT bits, nice paint finish (eventually), lining, and then the thing decided to warp. Tried the plunging into hot water trick, keeping supported until cool, still warped again. Plus spraying some Kleer varnish on some finished and lined stock that then went blotchy and resists alll remedies. So bxxxxr!

Ever tried military modelling? I have a stash of aircraft kits in 1:72 which I haven't touched for a bit. Broke out some Italeri F104 Starfighters, and a Meng F102 Delta Dagger, and hey, what a joy! So I think I'll be doing some more of this, until I get my "railway" mojo back.

John.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Happy Natural New Year.

I was up in time to see the sun rise on this the natural new year when early religions celebrated the start of lighter days from now on. Hijacked by another religion and moved back a few days, but the celebration of a new birth is just as fitting. But humans being humans and will do anything for a chance to get drunk, so they arranged the calendar so that we celebrate the artificial new year much later.

Back to being up early to see the sunrise, well one, the sun didn't rise cos of the clouds and rain and two, the reason I was up was to help with the Xmas food shopping. We got to Morrisons about 7.10am, then on to Aldi which opens at 8 am, it was 'king full when we got there.

Happy Natural New Year.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

18 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Yo those who aren't bored with me,

I am still plodding along with the LNER coach conversions, not quite as simple as the LMS and BR ones. I did start a Mailcoach tourist Brake Second Open, nothing fits each other. So it and the Isinglass 3 compartment BSK have until Xmas to buck their ideas up or choose a window they want to be thrown out of.

Mean while one of my favorite Blue Grass artist Molly Tuttle has been doing some lovey covers with Annie on bass and Megan drums. When I think of Blue Grass (and Country) music I think of it being Redneck music. Have a listen to this...

Being something of a Bob Marley / early reggae fan myself, I would have said that was pure reggae, as it should be played rather than Bluegrass, but there is a big crossover in most of the genres these days. Country music in the USA is huge now they have have left the morbid stuff sort of behind. It’s very close to soft rock . Worth a bit of a listen . Anyway I was very impressed with this lady so I Googled her , and she really is very good when playing the proper Bluegrass stuff, and very good on the guitar.Its quite amazing how America turns out such a large number of really talented musicians.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Happy Natural New Year.

I was up in time to see the sun rise on this the natural new year when early religions celebrated the start of lighter days from now on. Hijacked by another religion and moved back a few days, but the celebration of a new birth is just as fitting. But humans being humans and will do anything for a chance to get drunk, so they arranged the calendar so that we celebrate the artificial new year much later.

Back to being up early to see the sunrise, well one, the sun didn't rise cos of the clouds and rain and two, the reason I was up was to help with the Xmas food shopping. We got to Morrisons about 7.10am, then on to Aldi which opens at 8 am, it was 'king full when we got there.

Happy Natural New Year.

Hi Clive,

I've just got back from Castlerigg Stones, it was a little misty so didn't see much at all, however I met up with some very interesting people who were most interested in my interpretation of the Jupiter and Saturn glyphs.

739304203_DSCF12831.JPG.24a73fd8e0525405a87ef1e9351f1132.JPG

Today marks the death of the Winter Sun, the New Year starts at the Vernal Equinox. Right Ascension of Meridian is marked by the Ram of Aries.

Gibbo.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

G'Day Folks

Had a wonderful pagan Solstice last night, dancing naked round the bonfire, drinking 'Mead' to excess, roasting a Kangaroo, but the highlight was the sacrifice................Three Politicians, Hoping for a Better year 2021.

manna 

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 10

8 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

Had a wonderful pagan Solstice last night, dancing naked round the bonfire, drinking 'Mead' to excess, roasting a Kangaroo, but the highlight was the sacrifice................Three Politicians, Hoping for a Better year 2021.

manna 

Only Three ???

Must do better !!!

• Agree 9
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Not really, theres such a large number of Americans to start with...

I remember once overhearing some bloke pompously stating that America had contributed nothing to music.  Apart from Blues, Jazz, Bluegrass, Country and Western, Soul, Motown, Hip Hop, Rap, the American Songbook and plenty more I can't think of straight away, no, there's nothing really............

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

10 hours ago, Northmoor said:

I remember once overhearing some bloke pompously stating that America had contributed nothing to music.  Apart from Blues, Jazz, Bluegrass, Country and Western, Soul, Motown, Hip Hop, Rap, the American Songbook and plenty more I can't think of straight away, no, there's nothing really............

G'Day Folks

Could have done without,, the (c)rap music!!, Thank you very much, the rest is OK.

manna

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 22/12/2020 at 10:27, Northmoor said:

Very talented people make music, not countries. The world is full of sounds that people enjoy.

Some of us do not always agree that a sound is enjoyable, but people making it and those who listen, enjoy it, then it is good.

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Very talented people make music, not countries. The world is full of sounds that people enjoy.

Some of us do not always agree that a sound is enjoyable, but people making it and those who listen, enjoy it, then it is good.

Hi Clive,

• Kings rule Kingdoms
  • Emperors rule Empires
  • Boris rules this Cuntry

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

9 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Very profound Clive , but we can say the same principle applies to people who build train  model sets and those that follow the building thereof on websites......

Or maybe we are all a bit crackers :beee:

• Like 2
  • Agree 2