Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

What makes the last set of pictures for me is the turf around the edge of the grass. May I ask who it's from?

Hi Will

This particular section has been redone with Woodland Scenics stuff.  I used a mix of soil and earth coloured turf for the base. The clump foliage i've used for the small bushes is olive green i think.

Hello Richard,

Everard is a lovely layout, I like the track planning and how everything is in proportion and is well set out.

Very nice progress there! I like your static grass, what shades do you use I'd you don't mind me asking?

I always enjoy your videos and your 'how to' guides are certainly helpful and no doubt the hard standing one will come in handy!

Tom

• Like 1

I've continued to work on the scenery around the station today.  Most of the ground cover has been dug up and started again.  I've also made a nice uneven path to the signal box and started work on some track side details.

I've got a long way to go with this area, but I think it already looks much better than before  :imsohappy:

post-23223-0-75915000-1403990167_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-58083700-1403990185_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-35143100-1403990187_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-95226700-1403990188_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-99896900-1403990190_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-15702300-1403990193_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-13744700-1403990195_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-29074400-1403990197_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-06559800-1403990199_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Welcome to RMWeb Richard. I've been watching your videos for over a year now since I returned to the hobby and have been truly inspired by your work. I've asked for your help on YouTube recently and you've been very helpful.

I love the pictures and look forward to seeing your layout develop.

I just had one question - I noticed on your videos that it looks like you've widened the track spacing beyond the 2" of the Peco geometry. Considering you're using the Peco Streamline range with very wide curves how come you chose wider track spacing?

Edited by sub39h

Welcome to RMWeb Richard. I've been watching your videos for over a year now since I returned to the hobby and have been truly inspired by your work. I've asked for your help on YouTube recently and you've been very helpful.

I love the pictures and look forward to seeing your layout develop.

I just had one question - I noticed on your videos that it looks like you've widened the track spacing beyond the 2" of the Peco geometry. Considering you're using the Peco Streamline range with very wide curves how come you chose wider track spacing?

I have set track curves on various hidden parts of the layout which require wider spacing.  I kept the spacing the same on the rest of the layout so things didn't look odd when approaching tunnels and changing to set track.

• RMweb Premium

Without wishing to sound the same as everyone else....

Welcome to RMWeb Richard, I too have followed Everard Junc on Youtube.....

It will be great to be able to keep up with your progress on here...

I think in one video, you commented about the lack of updates as it had been too hot/cold in the loft. Have you any form of insulation / heating? That was always my concern with having a railway in the shed, but with some hefty insulation and an ambient heater, I've never had a problem.

Thanks again for contributing and welcome.

Without wishing to sound the same as everyone else....

Welcome to RMWeb Richard, I too have followed Everard Junc on Youtube.....

It will be great to be able to keep up with your progress on here...

I think in one video, you commented about the lack of updates as it had been too hot/cold in the loft. Have you any form of insulation / heating? That was always my concern with having a railway in the shed, but with some hefty insulation and an ambient heater, I've never had a problem.

Thanks again for contributing and welcome.

Hi Neal

The loft doesn't have any insulation but I do have a heater.  The layout itself doesn't suffer from any temperature related issues and has been fine for the last 5 years.  The only issue I do get is me!  It is sometimes just too hot or cold to work up there.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Richard,

Happy to see you on RM Web. I've found your how to videos to be very helpful and your layout updates have provided a lot of ideas and inspiration that I've gone on to use to build my layout. Looking forward to see whatever comes next.  :D

nice video -thanks. that nearside grass area really does look good, as does all the new detailing. really passes the "close-up" test as well. I'm going to be studying that grass area again in the future for my own layout.

I find that your layout is created so well and the YT videos so informative that even with my love of the steam to green diesel period of BR that I still avidly follow the development of Everard Junction, it's a beautiful piece of work :good:

• Like 1