Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

Richard, you might consider adding several figures representing the canal preservation society doing an annual cleanup.  A few figures supervising and one or two trying to grapple the shopping cart.

Just watched the latest video (part 3). The water is looking great, although those drying times are a pain. In other videos I've watched the modeller seems to poor thinner layers than those you're using, as I understand it to avoid the risk of clouding. You don';t seem to be having that trouble at all, possibly because of the care you are taking to avoid contact with PVA.

Great stuff, looking forward to the next instalment.

Cheers

Dave

Richard,

I watched your 3rd video today and enjoyed it very much.  I've got to say I would have added the hillside scenery  prior to adding another layer of Easy Water to avoid getting the grass into the wet mixture. Anyhow, adding the water and then the scatter to the hillside created a good bit of cinematic drama.  Keep those video's coming.

Brent

Thanks Guys

It really is taking a while to dry.  I've got to the point where i'm pouring new layers as soon as i'm sure the previous one is dry.  I did a little bit of scenery at the same time but have stopped as any delay in pouring the water just adds days to the whole process!

I've been very busy on other areas but haven't had a chance to get any pictures.  With any luck i'll get some on here tonight.

• Like 1

Just watched the latest video (part 3). The water is looking great, although those drying times are a pain. In other videos I've watched the modeller seems to poor thinner layers than those you're using, as I understand it to avoid the risk of clouding. You don';t seem to be having that trouble at all, possibly because of the care you are taking to avoid contact with PVA.

Great stuff, looking forward to the next instalment.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

I'm pouring very thick layers compared to everything else i've seen.  A lot of tutorials I saw showed just one very thin layer being used and no more.  Apart from the time taken it drying very nicely.  However I've still got multiple layers to go so fingers crossed!

Afternoon Richard,

Just want to add my few words to the chorus of support you have enjoyed here with Everard Junction.  I have been watching your YouTube efforts from down here in New Zealand for a year or more now and it is invariably enjoyable minutes spent reviewing the progress you have made on the layout, along with the many "how-to's" and what have you.  Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing the canal scene in its final form soon enough.

RC     :)

Awesome photos the car park areas around the houses looks good what do you use for the roads ?

The actual road is just a painted surface.  I use various layers of woodland scenics paints to get the right shade.  The pavements are scratch built using polyfilla and matchsticks.