Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

Hi Richard,

Great layout and stock, I enjoyed the latest video. Your blue grey MK2 looks good with your NSE coaches, but some NSE markings would look good. Most of the remaining blue grey stock had them fitted.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Everard Junction - Peter,

Just read through the thread, and agree with the guys and theirs thanks for the youtube series, as it must be a strain sometimes to get a video together, but it is really appreciated.

I don't think two days go by without me checking for an update of some sort. Obviously everybody has their hobby horse favourites, but for me it's the variety and its detail when discussed, hoping you remain enthusiastic for your series, as it is definitely an inspiration to many including myself.

Your adherence to the period, and banter about the livery are great stories, we all enjoy watching, and now reading.

Thanks for all the kind comments above guys!  

I've been busy again this week working on one of my 56s.  I picked up 56040 a while ago at a great price and have set about making it correct for the layout.

Although 56040 ran in these colours during 1989 it didn't have the modified roof vents the model has and it also has the large square headlight.  I've been working on backdating my model and will repaint it to 56048 (which had the smaller headlight the model has).  First job was to modify the roof vents.  This is the first time i've done anything like this and think it looks ok.  Once painted and weathered it should look fine.

post-23223-0-37316000-1404642879_thumb.jpg

Revised black vents now removed.  I believe this was a mod that loadhaul did in the 90s?

post-23223-0-27831700-1404642881_thumb.jpg

Plasticard backing plate added to support the new vent.

post-23223-0-03149100-1404642883_thumb.jpgpost-23223-0-56291200-1404642884_thumb.jpg

Vents made from more plasticard.

post-23223-0-07621600-1404642886_thumb.jpg

Ready for paint  :) 

• Like 13

Glad your on here richard

Same as everyone else,im another subscriber on your youtube videos!

Im currently building a loft layout of ais gill summit,and use your tutorial videos on scenery/track weathering etc as youve made them very helpfull and not over complicated

So many thanks for that,and what a great layout you have

Keep the updates coming mate

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Hello Richard

Welcome to the forum.  I have been following your You Tube channel for a couple of years now and have been very impressed.

In one of your videos last year you showed how you were controlling your signals using picaxe chips.   I have been hoping ever since that you might do a more in depth video as to how these are programmed and constructed.

Is this something you may consider doing?

Hello Richard

Welcome to the forum.  I have been following your You Tube channel for a couple of years now and have been very impressed.

In one of your videos last year you showed how you were controlling your signals using picaxe chips.   I have been hoping ever since that you might do a more in depth video as to how these are programmed and constructed.

Is this something you may consider doing?

I would like to do a video on that. However I've found it quite difficult to film so far. It’s quite a complicated little project to get across in a format that’s easy to understand. What I might do instead is post a more detailed explanation on here and then the video that goes with it could be simpler. I'll have a think about it.

Strictly speaking for 1978 it should be a Marina 2 (Mk.3 came out late 1978) - larger front bumper, mesh in the centre part of the grille (some also incorporated spotlights), new dashboard inside, new, plainer lettering in the back. The Mk.1 ran to 1975.

Very true, I was just rushing with the descriptions for the pics.

I quite like the old BL stuff, but the marina never really grabbed my attention. Especially when it got those black bumpers and the nasty dash.

Hi Richard

I was playing Battlefield 4 last night (my most fav game ever) and i never get off it for nothing except your videio popped up on youtube last whilst playing and i stopped mid game to watch your latest upload.

And i have to say very impressive scenery work going on at everard and it got me thinking of how i can make mine look better......even to the point that when i got back to battlefield 4 i could not concentrate

on the game and kept dying lol.

Your videos are always inspiring and i get excited like a little boy every time you upload.......my wife says im so sad lol.

Terry

• RMweb Premium

Have just come across Everard Junction and followed link to you tube. Great layout and really good videos . Thanks for these , very interesting . Will be sure to follow this thread in future.

Hi Richard,

I watched the second part to your 'making a scene' video and was very impressed. I will definitley take on board some of those techniques. My one question is though, how did you achieve your road surfaces? They are some of the best that I have seen out there on the web! Joe.

Edited by joejab95

Hi Richard

I was playing Battlefield 4 last night (my most fav game ever) and i never get off it for nothing except your videio popped up on youtube last whilst playing and i stopped mid game to watch your latest upload.

And i have to say very impressive scenery work going on at everard and it got me thinking of how i can make mine look better......even to the point that when i got back to battlefield 4 i could not concentrate

on the game and kept dying lol.

Your videos are always inspiring and i get excited like a little boy every time you upload.......my wife says im so sad lol.

Terry

Thanks Terry, that did make me chuckle.  Glad you find my videos interesting.  With any luck my retaining walls should turn up soon so I can carry on.

Hi Richard,

I watched the second part to your 'making a scene' video and was very impressed. I will definitley take on board some of those techniques. My one question is though, how did you achieve your road surfaces? They are some of the best that I have seen out there on the web! Joe.

I've used various different methods to create roads on the layout.  The road in the new scene is my best effort so far.  The method for that is covered in part 1 of the video.