The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Who would you like to meet and shake warmly by the throat!

great central

• RMweb Premium

Whoever used my address and part of my name to claim I was changing electricity supply just so they can get a cash bonus for signing up a "friend".

And for whoever programmed the accounts computers at the electricity supply companies for not recognising the erroneous transfer as the name didn't now match the address. Despite both my original and "new" supplier acknowledging the fact that it was a scam.

8 months on and I'm not quite certain who is billing me for electricity.

Cheers,

Mick

But surely this is a broad church as it encompasses the rivet counters as well as those who use only unmodified r-t-r stock (e.g. me).

If someone thinks it is broad church why then why would they criticise another person with a different approach?

He [Murray Walker] never did have a coronary whilst commentating, did he? He used to get so worked up, I always thought one was imminent!

"Murray Walker always broadcasts as if his trousers were on fire". (Clive James)

• RMweb Premium

Whoever used my address and part of my name to claim I was changing electricity supply just so they can get a cash bonus for signing up a "friend".

And for whoever programmed the accounts computers at the electricity supply companies for not recognising the erroneous transfer as the name didn't now match the address. Despite both my original and "new" supplier acknowledging the fact that it was a scam.

8 months on and I'm not quite certain who is billing me for electricity.

Cheers,

Mick

I had a similar problem a few years ago when someone used my address to transfer my gas and electricity to British Gas. When I was able to get through to British Gas I was told that they will not sort out their mess and that I would have to restart my direct debits etc. I therefor nominate British Gas. I thought about who was billing me afterwards, perhaps if I had not restarted my gas and electricity payments I would be getting free gas and electricity?

Archived