The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Who would you like to meet and shake warmly by the throat!

great central

Whoever that designs light fittings with the terminal box so small that you can't actually connect the incoming mains supply....

Second! We've got to fix a broken switch in our house, to do so we need to run a whole new cable out because there isn't enough slack on the existing cable to connect up the terminals. A quick 5 minute job turns into one that's going to take ten times longer.

I'd also like to meet the person that decided there would be no room behind the light cluster in the Vauxhall Corsa D, and no means of easily removing things for access. Either this person has never tried to fit a headlight bulb or has hands smaller than a Barbie doll.

1) All those who own a 4WD vehicle/soft roader with its higher driving position and believe that it entitles them to remain in the outside lane. At any speed.

Or perhaps 2) The above feeling the need to be glued to your rear bumper.

Not forgetting 3) A completely disregard the highway code because in a crash 'they'll be alright'.

In addition to the above in 1,2 and 3. Those who drive with a 'baby/small person on board sticker in the rear window.

Finally the person(s) responsible for turning jobs or positions of rank/status/power into a 'box ticking exercise' over that of a meritocracy- IMHO.

*Rant mode off* And relax!!

• RMweb Premium

the bottom entry toilet cistern

I prefer to enter mine in the large porcelain bowl provided for the purpose.

Who would I ........ there is one stand-out candidate.  Tony Abbot, Prime Nuisance Minster of Australia.  He is taking the nation back to the 1950s when women were expected to cook, clean and breed, never to earn their own wage, and to the days when pollutants could be pumped into the atmosphere willy-nilly as though it would make no difference.  Don't get me started on the stubborn refusal to acknowledge same-sex union .....

• RMweb Gold

I prefer to enter mine in the large porcelain bowl provided for the purpose.

Who would I ........ there is one stand-out candidate.  Tony Abbot, Prime Nuisance Minster of Australia.  He is taking the nation back to the 1950s when women were expected to cook, clean and breed, never to earn their own wage, and to the days when pollutants could be pumped into the atmosphere willy-nilly as though it would make no difference.  Don't get me started on the stubborn refusal to acknowledge same-sex union .....

and his offsiders.....Pyne, Bishop(both) and Scott Morrison.

Mike

• RMweb Premium

The Senior management of this company, who send "elevating emails" weekly which are indeciferable because of the Business speak / Americanisms/ 3LAs (Three letter acronims) that and their business improvment scheme which is full of Japanese words and is missing many of the words that make sentances readable.

Excuse me while I go 5S,

The Q

My sister is the first that comes to mind.

After that I would say certain people at exhibitions that feel the need to go to every layout and look for something wrong with it to then make a comment. Although it is rather amusing when they are then proven wrong.

Those that refuse to move into the left hand lane of the motorway and instead decide to sit in the middle lane when the aren't overtaking anything. There are also those that slow down when you overtake them or speed up to come back past you.

I'm sure I could go on mentioning some ignorant people who decide to wear backpacks and bump into you everytime you pass them and of course, rivet counters.

Michael

• RMweb Premium

Whoever it was* who caused the current financial crisis / credit crunch / recession / depression, and has left me without a job and little hope of ever having one again, and also struggling to find a new place to live because there is no proper social housing policy any more...

* let's start with M. Thatcher, R. Reagan, W. Clinton, T. Blair and G. Brown. They all had a hand in it somewhere or other. But that's politics, and a banned topic here.

To preserve bandwidth, I'll limit myself to the following:

My BiL.  It may actually happen.

TV Presenters rooted in Blue Peter who think their viewers are all still children.

Any employee of BT working from a sub continent.

Anyone that thinks it's an overdone cliche to place a bus on a bridge. Bridges are just crying out to have a bus on them... :wink_mini:

Oh, and that bloke I'd never met that lectured me by PM that I couldn't run a maroon Western with a large logo Class 50... I was just playing...

• RMweb Gold

The colour blind person who designed the Commonwealth games outfits.

Glasgow will be a laughing stock, just wait till you see them, OMG.

LOL....

Dave.

In similar vein, whoever designed and approved the London 2012 Mascot/s

Inventor of the energy saving lightbulb?

which never lasts anywhere long as it is supposed to.....and you have to pay a fortune for it....

and the cynical electricity boards....who actually can't produce much more energy......so getting us to use less energy is not a problem for them....

and regardless they just charge more for each soupçon of it you have to buy......

and trying to read a book under those dratted lights....

and the 'green' stuff that people get loans for and pay thru the nose whilst the electricity boards charge interest on top

and while we are on the subject of loans.....those adverts that lend money at obscene rates.....when any right minded person knows that a loan from them will not make things better....it will make things worse.......and then finding someone in your family has used them.....and you compute the interest!!!!!!!!! 1000 percent is obscene and anything over a 100 per ANNUM should be illegal. Especially when the bank of England rate is almost nil!!!!!!! (oh shoot me for a percent or two) It is still obscene....and some poor must use them....those adverts don't come cheap.

Oh and one more....having to PAY to talk to your insurance company.......when you see a chargeable phone call......

google them....somewhere there is a free number.....ignore the number and use the free new business number and get transferred.......

• RMweb Premium

and while we are on the subject of loans.....those adverts that lend money at obscene rates.....when any right minded person knows that a loan from them will not make things better....it will make things worse.......and then finding someone in your family has used them.....and you compute the interest!!!!!!!!! 1000 percent is obscene and anything over a 100 per ANNUM should be illegal. Especially when the bank of England rate is almost nil!!!!!!! (oh shoot me for a percent or two) It is still obscene....and some poor ###### must use them....those adverts don't come cheap.

Some charge an APR of almost 5000%. :O

Archived