RMweb

• RMweb Gold

Being very close to where you live, can you make me about 30 of those trees, they are fantastic? N Gauge please :angel:

Nothing like that available on the market. Oh and better make some in OO for the shop lol!

Thanks very much for the compliments!!

If I get some spare time I'll happily make you some an I need to pop in to have a look at your shop soon so I might come baring gifts ;)

Also if you can sell em I'll make em!!! :D

Thanks again, Paul

Ha ha neither Mike, I've got hands that do dishes unfortunately :(

Cheers, Paul

For some reason that post reminded me of the line "mild green fairy liquid"lol

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

For some reason that post reminded me of the line "mild green fairy liquid"lol

Brian.

That's where I got it from but then thought no one would remember it :D comes in handy with 50/50 pva to!!

Cheers, Paul

That's where I got it from but then thought no one would remember it :D comes in handy with 50/50 pva to!!

Cheers, Paul

Bloody hell, wonder how long it'll be before Nanette Newman is mentioned..........???????? :O

Oooooops, just have :no: :no:

Jinty ;-)

• RMweb Gold

Good little side line there Paul making trees!!! then you could buy sound chips :locomotive:

I know Neil :D I'll happily make trees and bushes to order!! Could do with a few sound chips, new locos, stock......

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Some very nice scenery work on the layout now Paul....adds to the realism don't it.

Terry

Thanks Terry, it really does, I'm going to try and make a start on the embankment at the front of the layout hopefully at the weekend and I really must get those signals!

Thanks again, Paul

• RMweb Gold

...........and there was me thinking you'd had a manicure especially for the starring role.

Don't know whether that's a compliment or not, girlie smooth hands?? :( I'll get them all rough and ready for the next photo shoot, or I'll wear gloves :D

Cheers, (I think), Paul

• RMweb Gold

What a cracking layout, very nice setting and lovely scenery. You are obviously quite partial to some Whistler action!

Thanks for sharing your how to regarding the trees and bushes, very interesting and most helpful.

Thanks very much for the kind words, I do love the 40's although I can only ever remember seeing one, when I was about 6 on the bootle branch. D345 is on a railtour from southport on Saturday so I'm tempted to go up Burscough ways and watch it go past by the canal. But to be honest I love all the traction from that era.

As for the trees and bushes your welcome :) I'm just made up people like yourself like what I do enough to ask how I do it, I'll try and get a bit more done on the 'How to' tonight, if not defo tomorrow when the Mrs is on nights ;)

Thanks again, Paul

• RMweb Gold

I had hoped to have a bit more of an update but unfortunatly I only had time to give the trees and bush their first coat of brown. I'll try and give them another coat first thing in the morning then I can add the greenery tomorrow night.

They paint has formed droplets in some areas but this is hidden by the greenery and it seems to help it stay into position to be honest when glued into place.

Not the best photos I'm afraid and I hope my hands are looking more 'manly' tonight ;)

post-18716-0-13926200-1417115518_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-93376000-1417115531_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Paul

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Evening all sorry there's no updates on the trees building but unfortunately we were called into the hospital last night as my Aunty is seriously ill and apart from a few hours break we've been there all day today.

I did however get a couple of hours break in which I met up with Steve (Scouser999) to go and see D345 pass through Parbold.

So, no modelling pics but here's a vid of whistler :) big thanks to Steve to for cheering me up and coming with me.

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear about your aunty mate and glad you got out to take your mind off of things

Thanks Brian

As you know mate it's been coming for a while so sooner the better for her sake.

But on a lighter note, it was great to see a whistler in the flesh, Steve's sent me some pics so I'll upload them once I've had some tea and a few beers :)

I've actually got a centre head code blue 40 body, think I need to find it a chassis :D

Thanks again, Paul

• Like 1