Wizard Models Online Shop

michaelp

Has anyone purchased from 'Wizard Models' using the online shop?

I would like to do so but just cannot find how to add items to basket or how to check out.

All I can find is how to place orders by phone or email.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Michael

Has anyone purchased from 'Wizard Models' using the online shop?

Yes, many times. The site is a little idiosynchratic, but easy enough to use.

...I would like to do so but just cannot find how to add items to basket or how to check out.

All I can find is how to place orders by phone or email...

First find the item. There are several ways to do this. For example, click on the red "Product Types" button then choose a category. This will take you to a list of products and at the right hand end of each one there should be column with price, quantity and an "Add to order" button.

If you don't see any of this, you may have Javascript or frames disabled (either globally or for the Wizard site). Mind you, I would have expected you to have seen problems with other sites if any of these were the case.

Nick

ps. going to the 51L pages is only useful if you want 51L products -- as it says the 51L site is no longer being maintained.

Edited by buffalo

Yes, though it might be better to click on the "Manufacturers" red button, then find "MSE" in the list, rather than "Product types" then one of the "Signal..." categories.

These will give you all MSE products at all scales. Alternatively, try the red Search button then in the form select your scale and select "MSE" under manufacturer. That will reduce the size of the list considerably. You can add further constraints if you like to reduce it further.

Nick

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Looks like Wizard has got a new website. Unfortunately it hasn't been tested on an iPad. The menus occupy 1/3rd of the screen and hide the top of the page. There also appears to be a lot less photos of the products.

post-6743-0-73080200-1502472696_thumb.png

This page should ha search box and title which are covered by the menus. Shame about the 'Quality, Accuracy...' strapline.

• RMweb Premium

I've purchased items twice recently off their web site. I wasn't quite sure what I needed to buy (I actually wanted to make a ladder for a wagon), so I emailed my query to Andrew who replied quickly asking for a photo of the wagon showing the ladder I was trying to make. Photo emailed back and Andrew replied suggesting what I should order. Order placed online and it arrived the next day. Excellent friendly and quick service.

i made the ladder up following the clear instructions (ingenious method too), but it didn't look quite right on the wagon. So I ordered another one and modified the kit to produce what I needed. Very happy customer.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The updated website has only appeared in the last week or 2, I'd guess he will be adding pics as and when there is time. As above Andrew is very helpful with queries and yo can't do both at the same time.

Try emailing him about the iPad issue. 

I must admit I always ring as I'm a real technophobe and Andrew is a nice chap to chat to always friendly and very helpful and the service is always quick with some orders arriving in the next days post.

Mind you Wizard was at the Southwold show last week so had a chance to stock up there this time.

• Like 1